Kodi Community Forum
MythTV PVR client Addon Developers Wanted - Developers Only! - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+---- Forum: PVR (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=136)
+---- Thread: MythTV PVR client Addon Developers Wanted - Developers Only! (/showthread.php?tid=82015)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35

- robweber - 2011-06-11

Jezz_X Wrote:just a shot in the dark here but make a vs2010 file yourself ?

Thanks for the suggestion. Not trying to be rude but if it was really that simple I would have done it myself already. I tried creating the project file once I realized it wasn't available but just adding in all the .h and .cpp files from the myth pvrclient folder won't compile. I even checked my build settings against a different pvr addon to make sure i used the correct build extension and other settings. I guess I don't know enough about how the myth plugin needs to be built to setup the project. Examining the makefile lead me to believe I needed to compile some of the elements separately but I'm not sure if that's right either.

In any case some basic information on how the projects needs to be built or it's dependencies would be great, I"d be happy to give creating the VS project another try.

- Jezz_X - 2011-06-11

well I guess my point is that the current dev environment for dteirney is Linux and that's what is being concentrated on I'm sure until it has a final working copy he has very little interest in making it compile on win32 because it would be a constant addition distracting him from the coding he needs to do.

So if people want to try and make it compile on win32 they need to branch his git and do it themselves and submit pull requests back.

And you did ask "Is there a way I can do this?"

But I would suggest you maybe look at how the tvheadend addon gets stuck in the main build and use it as an example of how to make one for the mythtv version

- dubstar_04 - 2011-06-11

robweber Wrote:Thanks for the suggestion. Not trying to be rude but if it was really that simple I would have done it myself already. I tried creating the project file once I realized it wasn't available but just adding in all the .h and .cpp files from the myth pvrclient folder won't compile. I even checked my build settings against a different pvr addon to make sure i used the correct build extension and other settings. I guess I don't know enough about how the myth plugin needs to be built to setup the project. Examining the makefile lead me to believe I needed to compile some of the elements separately but I'm not sure if that's right either.

In any case some basic information on how the projects needs to be built or it's dependencies would be great, I"d be happy to give creating the VS project another try.

Look in libs/cmyth and add the contents of that folder.

If that doesnt work you could look through the pvr code and see what is required?

Does the compiler not provide errors?

Feedback needed on identifying Radio Channels in MythTV - dteirney - 2011-06-12

For my current setup with MythTV, all of the Radio Channels have an empty channum.

If I was to use an empty channum as the way of identifying a radio channel vs a TV channel, would that work for anyone else or is this behaviour just a fluke with the channel setup in New Zealand?

Thanks,
David

- dubstar_04 - 2011-06-12

dteirney Wrote:For my current setup with MythTV, all of the Radio Channels have an empty channum.

If I was to use an empty channum as the way of identifying a radio channel vs a TV channel, would that work for anyone else or is this behaviour just a fluke with the channel setup in New Zealand?

Thanks,
David

I have a chanNum for radio stations using UK Freeview, however they are all 7**.

for example:

BBC Radio 1 = 700
BBC Radio 2 = 702

See here:

http://pastebin.com/hQ7GmeLU

Maybe everyone could pastebin their config?

- Jezz_X - 2011-06-12

the dvb radio channels are just like tv channels with their own numbers I have no idea if other setups allow this but tuning to normal old FM and AM channels might be a totally different story if we even support that? but I guess the backend needs to take care of all that

- dteirney - 2011-06-12

robweber Wrote:Thanks for the suggestion. Not trying to be rude but if it was really that simple I would have done it myself already. I tried creating the project file once I realized it wasn't available but just adding in all the .h and .cpp files from the myth pvrclient folder won't compile. I even checked my build settings against a different pvr addon to make sure i used the correct build extension and other settings. I guess I don't know enough about how the myth plugin needs to be built to setup the project. Examining the makefile lead me to believe I needed to compile some of the elements separately but I'm not sure if that's right either.

As per the main Makefile

1) Build libmythxml folder
2) Build libmythsql folder
3) Build the top level folder, e.g. client.cpp etc.

The includes needed to build are in each folders Makefile.

I don't really know how Visual Studio does its builds and I don't have a Windows machine to test on. If you do manage to get it to work, send a pull request with the folder structure the same as for tvheadend, e.g. files inside a "project" folder, and I'll add them in.

- dteirney - 2011-06-12

Jezz_X Wrote:the dvb radio channels are just like tv channels with their own numbers I have no idea if other setups allow this but tuning to normal old FM and AM channels might be a totally different story if we even support that? but I guess the backend needs to take care of all that

Here in NZ the radio channels are over DVB-T. I suspect the channum might be empty as I may have hidden them. If that's the case that approach will never work. Stink.

- dteirney - 2011-06-19

I've just pushed up an updated release to: https://github.com/dteirney/xbmc/tree/pvr

Latest changelog.txt file at: https://github.com/dteirney/xbmc/blob/pvr/addons/pvr.mythtv/changelog.txt

Only really significant update to functionality is to view and delete timers.

History of changes at: https://github.com/dteirney/xbmc/commits/pvr/

If anyone is brave enough to test deleting of timers that would be great.

This week I'll try to add the ability to add a timer and talk with dushmaniac to see if I can workaround the API problem that is preventing my loading in the EPG fully and the associated LiveTV issues with that.

Review of SQL for adding a Timer / Recording Schedule - dteirney - 2011-06-21

If anyone developer types that are somewhat familiar with SQL would be able to review a commit that would be great. https://github.com/dteirney/xbmc/commit/2cfa55f794c8da0819d1e03f026589c5643ed304

I've reviewed the SQL table definition that holds the recording schedules in mythconverg and done the SQL code for adding a record. No time to test today though.

I've reviewed parts of the mythbox script that add a schedule and I think I've covered off the data that is needed for the record table that also matches what the PVR interface will pass through to the Addon.

This functionality is not plugged into the addon yet. Only the code for the libmythsql part of the solution has just been added.

- dubstar_04 - 2011-09-04

Hi dteirney,

There has been quite a bit of action in your git recently.

is there anything we can test?

If so could you give a little guidance as to which branches from your git we need to build?

Thanks,

Dubstar_04

- dteirney - 2011-09-06

I upgraded to Myth 0.24 some months ago. Most of the recent commits have been to fix some of the problems with the existing myth:// protocol support against 0.24.

I've also been trying to get some older work for displaying recorded TV Shows into the XBMC Library working again. Not strictly related to the MythTV PVR Addon work.

However, I have just updated my pvr branch, checked that it all compiles and pushed to github. https://github.com/dteirney/xbmc/tree/pvr

It looks like some of the channel group bugs may have been resolved because LiveTV now seems to work. Make sure you Reset all of the information if you do try it.

All the date / time information for Now Playing and the EPG is out because I haven't yet checked that all the API boundaries are using UTC time.

If anyone wants to test my PVR branch that would be good. I did notice that not all the recordings were coming through. I haven't really tested any of the PVR work since updating to 0.24 so perhaps some parts of the Myth XML API have changed (and I note will change completely for 0.25 according to the MythTV wiki).

- dubstar_04 - 2011-09-06

keep getting:

CPP MythXml.o
MythXml.cpp: In member function ‘PVR_ERROR MythXml::requestRecordingsList(PVR_HANDLE_STRUCT*)’:
MythXml.cpp:284: error: ‘struct PVR_RECORDING’ has no member named ‘iClientIndex’
make[1]: *** [MythXml.o] Error 1

Fix:

pvrrecording.iClientIndex

should be:

pvrrecording.strRecordingId = const char*

just need to find a unique Id.

- dubstar_04 - 2011-09-06

dubstar_04 Wrote:keep getting:

CPP MythXml.o
MythXml.cpp: In member function ‘PVR_ERROR MythXml::requestRecordingsList(PVR_HANDLE_STRUCT*)’:
MythXml.cpp:284: error: ‘struct PVR_RECORDING’ has no member named ‘iClientIndex’
make[1]: *** [MythXml.o] Error 1

Fix:

pvrrecording.iClientIndex

should be:

pvrrecording.strRecordingId = const char*

just need to find a unique Id.

For testing purposes i have done the following:

pvrrecording.strRecordingId = mythrecording.description;

Live TV - Works
Recorded TV - Works
Timer Search - Works
Scheduling - Doesnt Work
Delete Timers - Not Tried! (will try tomorrow)

Overall its looking good. How much work would ie be to get scheduling to work?

Thanks,

Dubstar_04

- dteirney - 2011-09-07

I've added in the change for the string based unique recording ID and pushed that change to my pvr branch in github.

Most of what is left for the Timers is testing of the SQL statements (and turning on that functionality in the configuration). If someone is able to test the SQL statements that would help.

I don't have much more time to work on this before I head away on holiday for a while.