Kodi Community Forum
Newznab - Anyone using it? - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Newznab - Anyone using it? (/showthread.php?tid=82119)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

RE: Newznab - Anyone using it? - richierea - 2012-12-22

(2012-12-22, 05:45)joeh1974 Wrote: Does anyone know how to get rid of the PEAR::isError<> should not be called statically errors?

I've found a few guides which state to set:

error_reporting = E_ALL ^ E_STRICT

I've changed that in every php ini file I can find, but no use. Any other ideas?

Think you entered it wrong, I followed this post and it worked fine: (notice the edit)

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=82119&pid=1262540#pid1262540

RE: Newznab - Anyone using it? - BoRiNgBoB - 2012-12-22

Hi All

I have been following these foruums for a while and have recently built my own Usenet server using Newznab. The server is working well however I have just made a stupid mistake and cannot reverse it, so would really appreciate any help and advice from any of you.

I was adding some additional roles into the edit roles section of the Newsnab admin panel, I have previously made it so only the admin can see the admin panel (i.e. I have hidden it from Guests, users and friends) and without thinking I changed my role from admin and I lost access to the administration of the site.

is there anyway I can change my rol to admin of the site as currently I have no way of administering it.. In the back of my mind I am thinking I need to change my role in the Mysql database - would you agree or do you know of any other way?

Any suiggestions would be really appreciated?

RE: Newznab - Anyone using it? - Saner - 2012-12-22

You would have to change it in the database.

If you ask on the IRC channel no doubt someone will know exactly what table to look in and what the value is needed for admin.

RE: Newznab - Anyone using it? - joeh1974 - 2012-12-22

(2012-12-22, 06:58)richierea Wrote:
(2012-12-22, 05:45)joeh1974 Wrote: Does anyone know how to get rid of the PEAR::isError<> should not be called statically errors?

I've changed that in every php ini file I can find, but no use. Any other ideas?

Think you entered it wrong, I followed this post and it worked fine: (notice the edit)

Thanks for the reply. I did see that earlier post, and tried his changes. It didn't work for me. I've even tried commenting out that line in the .ini, and still get the same errors listed.

It doesn't prohibit me from completing the binaries, it's just a bit annoying to see all of the error messages. Any other possible ideas?

RE: Newznab - Anyone using it? - BoRiNgBoB - 2012-12-22

(2012-12-22, 09:24)Saner Wrote: You would have to change it in the database.

If you ask on the IRC channel no doubt someone will know exactly what table to look in and what the value is needed for admin.

Thank you Saner.. I had already found the database I just wasnt sure about tweaking it.. All done now and successfully back in to the admin section.

RE: Newznab - Anyone using it? - DrStrange - 2012-12-22

(2012-12-22, 09:33)joeh1974 Wrote:
(2012-12-22, 06:58)richierea Wrote:

Thanks for the reply. I did see that earlier post, and tried his changes. It didn't work for me. I've even tried commenting out that line in the .ini, and still get the same errors listed.

It doesn't prohibit me from completing the binaries, it's just a bit annoying to see all of the error messages. Any other possible ideas?
Did you change error_reporting = E_ALL to error_reporting = E_ALL & ~E_STRICT in php-cli.ini?
AFAIK php.ini doesn't need changed as the line error_reporting = E_ALL & ~E_DEPRECATED & ~E_STRICT is already there and is enabled by default.
These are the only two .ini's that I looked at for this tweak.

RE: Newznab - Anyone using it? - chrisuk11 - 2012-12-22

installing on windows using XAMPP.

How do I change which port this runs on? which file do I need to edit as I already have something using the default port 80?

Thanks

RE: Newznab - Anyone using it? - scalda - 2012-12-22

(2012-12-22, 14:28)chrisuk11 Wrote: installing on windows using XAMPP.

How do I change which port this runs on? which file do I need to edit as I already have something using the default port 80?

Thanks

you need to open the apache config file and change all the parts where it says 80 to what ever port you want and then restart apache

hope this helps

RE: Newznab - Anyone using it? - farscapesg01 - 2012-12-22

(2012-12-20, 22:17)richierea Wrote:
(2012-12-20, 20:29)farscapesg01 Wrote: Is it possible to change the newsgroup provider information after an install?

Looks like the newsgroup details are stored in:

xampp\htdocs\newznab\www\config.php (adjust for the location of your installation)

Try changing the details in there and see if that works.

Trying it Wink Grabbed a block account, changed the config.php, and configured Newznab to use compression. Started up the processes again and it started grabbing headers and I see a lot less bandwidth now... but ran into an issue with multiple groups reporting the new header count on Astraweb being lower than my current count (previously grabbed from Newshosting). I'm guessing this is because of Astraweb's automated DMCA takedown process removing more articles. I went through and reset the count on all my groups, hoping this will resolve the issue.. and not just create a bigger issue related to my database....

all sorted and working.

Just a quick question - how do you automate the update binaries and update release script to start as soon as the PC starts up?

I have read through and can see there is a nix script for linux but can't see anything for windows?

As per previous post - by farscapesg01" in regards to missing articles. Is this the case for all news hosting groups? or are there better news hosting providers to use? I used to use giga, however this also suffers from same issue

EDIT - I have edited the runme.bat file and it seems to be working.

RE: Newznab - Anyone using it? - joeh1974 - 2012-12-22

(2012-12-22, 13:51)DrStrange Wrote:
(2012-12-22, 09:33)joeh1974 Wrote:
(2012-12-22, 06:58)richierea Wrote: Think you entered it wrong, I followed this post and it worked fine: (notice the edit)

Did you change error_reporting = E_ALL to error_reporting = E_ALL & ~E_STRICT in php-cli.ini?
AFAIK php.ini doesn't need changed as the line error_reporting = E_ALL & ~E_DEPRECATED & ~E_STRICT is already there and is enabled by default.
These are the only two .ini's that I looked at for this tweak.

This did it, thanks! Needed to edit the php-cli.ini file.

When you browse movies (with cover view list) it shows far less releases.

However when you select list view, it lists alot more releases, but most of them you have no idea on what their called -

examples -
fabiamm
brhyanalexander

I assume they are the user names of the uploaders? If so, how do I either resolve the proper name of the files, or syop them being scraped in the first place?

RE: Newznab - Anyone using it? - chrisuk11 - 2012-12-26

anther quick q's sorry -

Is it possible to specify what backfill to generate nzb files for?

Example - Say i wanted all releases for MP3 for artist Bruno Mars?

RE: Newznab - Anyone using it? - Harro - 2012-12-26

(2012-12-26, 11:32)chrisuk11 Wrote: anther quick q's sorry -

Is it possible to specify what backfill to generate nzb files for?

Example - Say i wanted all releases for MP3 for artist Bruno Mars?

I highly doubt you can do a backfill for specific artists. Only for backfilling the group list for mp3s.

RE: Newznab - Anyone using it? - joeh1974 - 2012-12-26

May or may not be a simple question...

Now that I have my server running nicely under a VM, I've moved it to a rebuilt WHS server as it's always running.

Is there a way I can access the Newznab website interface from a different machine connected to my network? I'd like to keep my WHS headless if possible.

Would it be : http://x.x.x.x/newsnab/www where x.x.x.x is the IP address of my server?