Kodi Community Forum
Newznab - Anyone using it? - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Newznab - Anyone using it? (/showthread.php?tid=82119)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

RE: Newznab - Anyone using it? - fishy89 - 2012-12-10

ive just updated to the paid version, when i type php update_binaries. php in command line it says 'php' is not recognised as a command, this is magor headache as im a total noob but i so wanna get this up and running

RE: Newznab - Anyone using it? - iHateMemphiz - 2012-12-10

(2012-12-10, 20:25)fishy89 Wrote: ive just updated to the paid version, when i type php update_binaries. php in command line it says 'php' is not recognised as a command, this is magor headache as im a total noob but i so wanna get this up and running

there are some typos, i believe you need to specify "php5" instead of "php"

RE: Newznab - Anyone using it? - wfan - 2012-12-10

(2012-12-10, 20:25)fishy89 Wrote: ive just updated to the paid version, when i type php update_binaries. php in command line it says 'php' is not recognised as a command, this is magor headache as im a total noob but i so wanna get this up and running
if your using windows
use the win_scripts directory and edit the batch file
put Path=c:\xampp\php\ at the top of the page
save then run it

wfan thanks but i just did that and when i run the batch files command line opens and then closses really fast?

RE: Newznab - Anyone using it? - wfan - 2012-12-10

(2012-12-10, 21:01)fishy89 Wrote: wfan thanks but i just did that and when i run the batch files command line opens and then closses really fast?

run the batch file from the command line so you can see the error
start-run-cmd then navigate to the directory

ok so ive run C:\xampp\htdocs\newznab-0.2.3\misc\update_scripts\batch_scripts\updatebinaries which is the directory where the script is.

and it keeps saying that php is not recognised as operable file or a batch file

RE: Newznab - Anyone using it? - bamathrasher - 2012-12-10

you need to use php.exe if you are using windows command prompt to run the script.

bamathrasher what exactly do i type into php.exe?

RE: Newznab - Anyone using it? - sinnerhp - 2012-12-10

If anyone gets a successful install of this to windows 7 would you be able to post a how-to guide on it?
It would be extremely helpful so we don't all have to go through what Fishy is going through Wink

Sinnerhp ive been on this all day, baring in mind im a total nooob but it has done my head in. Hopefully someone will post a nice step by step guide for the nooobs coz i definately need it. So frustrating that ive got newznab installed and the site running and that theres nothing on it

RE: Newznab - Anyone using it? - bamathrasher - 2012-12-10

(2012-12-10, 21:28)fishy89 Wrote: bamathrasher what exactly do i type into php.exe?
You just substitute php.exe instead of the php command. You'll need to copy php.exe though to the directory where your update scripts are, I'm assuming you should have a php.exe in your XAMPP directory.

@Everyone else: I just upgraded to the paid version and blew away my old VM and DB. I'll give this a go using XAMPP and post a walkthrough if I'm successful.

RE: Newznab - Anyone using it? - sinnerhp - 2012-12-10

which version of Xampp did you install?

RE: Newznab - Anyone using it? - g3ff3n - 2012-12-10

(2012-12-10, 21:37)fishy89 Wrote: Sinnerhp ive been on this all day, baring in mind im a total nooob but it has done my head in. Hopefully someone will post a nice step by step guide for the nooobs coz i definately need it. So frustrating that ive got newznab installed and the site running and that theres nothing on it

It's because the regex that comes with the free one doesn't work for most stuff. It probably works in a limited fashion for some basic groups.

https://raw.github.com/kop1/newznab/master/db/latestregex.sql

Just grab that SQL file and load it manually into your database. It is old, so it probably won't be as good as the paid for versions but it is better than the 'stock' ones.

Oh and make sure you disable the automatic regex populating, just delete the auto update URL or all those will be overwritten when it updates.

RE: Newznab - Anyone using it? - heiNey - 2012-12-10

(2012-12-10, 22:16)g3ff3n Wrote:
(2012-12-10, 21:37)fishy89 Wrote: Sinnerhp ive been on this all day, baring in mind im a total nooob but it has done my head in. Hopefully someone will post a nice step by step guide for the nooobs coz i definately need it. So frustrating that ive got newznab installed and the site running and that theres nothing on it

It's because the regex that comes with the free one doesn't work for most stuff. It probably works in a limited fashion for some basic groups.

https://github.com/kop1/newznab/blob/master/db/latestregex.sql

Just grab that SQL file and load it manually into your database. It is old, so it probably won't be as good as the paid for versions but it is better than the 'stock' ones.

Oh and make sure you disable the automatic regex populating, just delete the auto update URL or all those will be overwritten when it updates.

i went to the release regex test page and tested the "stock" regex, and it returns a list of releases...so it seems like it's working, but im not getting anything with update_releases.php either.

what do we do with the file you just linked?

and how do we disable the automatic regex populating?

RE: Newznab - Anyone using it? - InsaneNutter - 2012-12-11

(2012-12-10, 23:54)heiNey Wrote: and how do we disable the automatic regex populating?

In the web admin interface edit your site, find "Latest Regex Lookup URL:" and just deleite it (i think)

I'm where you are now, no idea what to do with the latestregex.sql.