Kodi Community Forum
Newznab - Anyone using it? - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Newznab - Anyone using it? (/showthread.php?tid=82119)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

RE: Newznab - Anyone using it? - Saner - 2012-12-13

They deserve it.

I bought it 6 weeks ago and its great for what it is.

although I would avoid the IRC channel at the moment if you can help it, its bloody scary.
When I went there before it was just me getting a few pointers now it seems overran with people who dont even have the most basic ability to search google.

RE: Newznab - Anyone using it? - Mspec - 2012-12-13

Yup I would have to agree the irc channel is entertaining to say the least, I got mine up and working just fine and wanted to find out how to back fill the tv section, Was promptly given the directions and now my poor old server is only up to the the letter M after importing nzbs for the last 6 hours, at last count was 150k of releases were showing up lol.

Mine is purely for home and for me mucking around with really.Once its all back filled will see how much resources it takes up bandwidth/space wise to keep up indexing tv/sd only.

I have NzbDrone connecting to it no problems and even managed to pull a full back season (just to test it out)

AW: Newznab - Anyone using it? - cirkator - 2012-12-13

Do you guys think a raspberry pi would have enough power to run newznab in a satisfying way?

RE: Newznab - Anyone using it? - Saner - 2012-12-13

No.

I could be wrong though, its happened once or twice. Big Grin

RE: Newznab - Anyone using it? - HarryRosen - 2012-12-13

Anyone able to fill out the nzpre settings?

RE: Newznab - Anyone using it? - mackembulldog - 2012-12-13

Hi all.. sorry first post in here as I was wandering around google and saw this thread.
I installed newznab no bother (paid version) and have thus far managed to index about 15k releases on a single day.
My question to you all is, why arent I seeing the same releases in my indexer for say alt.binaries.test as an indexer trying to reference the same group?

e.g. Fummily Guy S11E03 posted 4hrs ago in alt.binaries.test by newznabA.com
isnt seen on newznabB.com

Its bafffling me

RE: Newznab - Anyone using it? - HarryRosen - 2012-12-13

anyone know how to get newznab to sort via the file name in the rar not by the post, since some posts are now random or encypted. I tried the update_parsing script but it's only so good

RE: Newznab - Anyone using it? - JellyBean - 2012-12-13

(2012-12-13, 18:51)mackembulldog Wrote: Hi all.. sorry first post in here as I was wandering around google and saw this thread.
I installed newznab no bother (paid version) and have thus far managed to index about 15k releases on a single day.
My question to you all is, why arent I seeing the same releases in my indexer for say alt.binaries.test as an indexer trying to reference the same group?

Its bafffling me

When you run your update_releases.php does it show that posting as completed? It could also be that you haven't pulled in enough posts.

RE: Newznab - Anyone using it? - mackembulldog - 2012-12-13

(2012-12-13, 21:02)JellyBean Wrote:
(2012-12-13, 18:51)mackembulldog Wrote: Hi all.. sorry first post in here as I was wandering around google and saw this thread.

Its bafffling me

When you run your update_releases.php does it show that posting as completed? It could also be that you haven't pulled in enough posts.

Ive got quite a lot that are complete. Ive just noticed that my update_binaries or rather backfill has actually missed my main group (where the files I want are).. I think this may be because I tried to run boneless with a 30 day backfill before running with just 1

RE: Newznab - Anyone using it? - JellyBean - 2012-12-13

Is there a quick way to purge files/entries?

RE: Newznab - Anyone using it? - bimbot - 2012-12-14

(2012-12-11, 01:54)g3ff3n Wrote:
(2012-12-11, 01:32)InsaneNutter Wrote:
(2012-12-11, 00:57)heiNey Wrote: thanks, i think you're right.
im not sure what to do with it either. i installed phpmyadmin and tried to import the sql database into php, but it says that latestregex.sql has a syntax error.

Its not an SQL database, open it in Notepad++ and you will find its HTML.

As to what you do with it im at a loss, the documentation appears to be lacking for Newznab unless i'm missing the obvious.

Other than that my install appears to be fine, it just shows nothing!

It's not HTML its just an SQL script. It is on github though so you can't just save that link. Try this one, just right click and save as: https://raw.github.com/kop1/newznab/master/db/latestregex.sql

Download the file to your local computer, go to phpMyAdmin, select your newznab database and click import. Choose the SQL file and hit run. It should add a load of new regex entries which you can view through the Regex > View link in your newznab admin panel.

If you leave the auto update URL in place it will keep replacing all these with the two default ones so you need to make sure you have all 200 odd of these regex rows in place or you will find that the vast majority of things don't get indexed.

Thanks for posting the link. Releases are now populating. I'm still considering the pay version. Anyone think it's worth it?
(2012-12-13, 23:52)JellyBean Wrote: Is there a quick way to purge files/entries?

i'd say drop the table....i haven't played with it much to see if there's any other way. i know sql enough to at least do that and recreate the table.

RE: Newznab - Anyone using it? - z-vap - 2012-12-14

Anyone know how to do or get logging going? At least for the update_binaries.php or update_releases.php?

I'd like to run mine a few times and catch some start and end times, while I was out , but I haven't been able to find anything

RE: Newznab - Anyone using it? - andyhollin - 2012-12-14

(2012-12-14, 04:14)bimbot Wrote:
(2012-12-11, 01:54)g3ff3n Wrote:
(2012-12-11, 01:32)InsaneNutter Wrote: Its not an SQL database, open it in Notepad++ and you will find its HTML.

As to what you do with it im at a loss, the documentation appears to be lacking for Newznab unless i'm missing the obvious.

Other than that my install appears to be fine, it just shows nothing!

It's not HTML its just an SQL script. It is on github though so you can't just save that link. Try this one, just right click and save as: https://raw.github.com/kop1/newznab/master/db/latestregex.sql

Download the file to your local computer, go to phpMyAdmin, select your newznab database and click import. Choose the SQL file and hit run. It should add a load of new regex entries which you can view through the Regex > View link in your newznab admin panel.

If you leave the auto update URL in place it will keep replacing all these with the two default ones so you need to make sure you have all 200 odd of these regex rows in place or you will find that the vast majority of things don't get indexed.

Thanks for posting the link. Releases are now populating. I'm still considering the pay version. Anyone think it's worth it?
(2012-12-13, 23:52)JellyBean Wrote: Is there a quick way to purge files/entries?

i'd say drop the table....i haven't played with it much to see if there's any other way. i know sql enough to at least do that and recreate the table.

You can delete all releases from a group through the admin with the "Purge" link. Otherwise do a DELETE FROM on the SQL database. Don't just drop the table.

RE: Newznab - Anyone using it? - bimbot - 2012-12-14

(2012-12-14, 05:25)andyhollin Wrote: You can delete all releases from a group through the admin with the "Purge" link. Otherwise do a DELETE FROM on the SQL database. Don't just drop the table.

Yes...sorry. I forget my audience sometimes. Great suggestions.

RE: Newznab - Anyone using it? - millercentral - 2012-12-14

I haven't yet looked through the release, but I do have a couple of questions:

- Is it possible to run newznab on a port other than 80? If so, can SickBeard/CouchPotato/Headphones/etc be configured to talk to it on that port?

- Is there a good guide for which subset of usenet groups to index based on interested content types (for example, if you only want to focus video and music releases)

Thanks!