Kodi Community Forum
Release TVRage-Eps (Script) TV Show Episode Notifier and Browser Addon - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: Release TVRage-Eps (Script) TV Show Episode Notifier and Browser Addon (/showthread.php?tid=82174)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

TVRage-Eps (Script) TV Show Episode Notifier and Browser Addon - ruuk - 2010-09-29

tvrage.com feed interface

Search and save a list of your favorite shows to be automatically updated and sorted by what's on next and highlighted for what's on today and tomorrow. Shows next and previous episode details. Select a show to browse an episode list.

I use this script to quickly check what's on tonight and what's upcoming.

If you need help, ask a question in this thread or join #ruuk on freenode.

Let me know of any problems or suggestions. Enjoy!

On my REPO

- ppic - 2010-09-29

i was asking myselve when will you present it !

i've trying it, good work, it'll save me time and allow me to get ride of GUI part of my tvshow next aired script to concentrate on skin integration !

thanks! good work!

- bluenote - 2010-10-01

This is really sweet. I just stumbled on it, looking for this exact functionality, and there it was.

A couple of suggestions, 'course I can only speak for how I would see myself using this ...

1) I'd like to be able to press info or whatever on an episode, and get the description and so forth. (in your interface)
2) I'd really like to be able to launch this from the tv shows list, or in an episode list from main XBMC.

Anyways, either way, great plugin, nice functionality and looks nice!

thanks!

- ppic - 2010-10-01

1) i'm not sure it's possible, API doesn't provide description, and it's not a good way to scrappe directly the page from a site which is already providing an API.
2)explain a little more what you want when launching it from there, and how you want to launch it Wink

- fillidill - 2010-10-01

I must be really tired, but how can I start it from inside XBMC? I can't find it in video add-ons :S

- ppic - 2010-10-01

in program

- bluenote - 2010-10-01

Hey Ruuk

Basically I don't want to have to maintain a list of tv shows, when XBMC already knows what shows I have and would like info about (well, sometimes I will want to look up something I dont have in my library so I would want to use search too). So when I am at the TV shows banner screen, say, I would like to click on a series and launch your plugin of whatever series is selected. [no typing in the series name] (And from the season or episode of a series if possible).

I forgot to look, but cancelled or returning status would be really nice too.

Just suggestions of course, I recognize that I am not writing a spec here Smile

For item #1 ... tvdb ? Smile

thanks

Cory

- ppic - 2010-10-01

for #1 still have problem, must search on tvdb cause tvrage do not have tvdbid !
one show and a search on 2 differents site with no id, that lead to some work.

- ruuk - 2010-10-01

I get what your saying. Unfortunately as far as I can gather, there is no way to add anything to context menus from an script addon (other than plugins adding to their own file/directory list context menus). I believe a metadata scraper could be written that could show this sort of information when you click TV Show Information, but as you can only have one scraper active for each type of media that would essentially block usage of a normal scraper. I haven't done any work with the scraper interface. There may be some possibilities that I don't know about. I'll look into it. Hopefully XBMC will add some sort of addon interface that can create context menus. It would be nice if I could tell XBMC to add "Next Airing" to a TV show folder's context menu and have it pass my script the show name for example.

I'm kinda thinking out loud here Smile

I'm glad you enjoy the script. I'll see what I can do on both #1 and #2 and post back here what I find out.

(btw as for the 'look' of the interface, I basically stole it from the Gmail Checker addon and modified it a little. Smile This was my first non-plugin script I have written for XBMC and needed to use something while I was learning)

ruuk

- ppic - 2010-10-01

good work for your first script Wink

- ruuk - 2010-10-01

Well my first that wasn't a plugin. I wrote a flickr image plugin before this. I also wrote a script once years ago when XBMC was just on the XBox, but a lot has changed since then and I forgot most of what I did anyway. Smile I've done lot's of programming with python though.

- Dobyken - 2010-10-01

ruuk Wrote:tvrage.com feed interface

Search and save a list of your favorite shows to be automatically updated and sorted by what's on next and highlighted for what's on today and tomorrow. Shows next and previous episode details. Select a show to browse an episode list.

I use this script to quickly check what's on tonight and what's upcoming.

Let me know of any problems or suggestions. Enjoy!

It looks like a great start to your Sickbeard Addon!Nod

Episode Summaries - ruuk - 2010-10-02

Episode summaries in the next version, as per request Smile

- Dobyken - 2010-10-03

ruuk Wrote:Episode summaries in the next version, as per request Smile

How about a button on the main screen that says "Add Series"?

- daledude - 2010-10-03

Great script. Very useful. Would be nice if it auto updated in the background.