Kodi Community Forum
[MOD] Rapier Qualar MOD - Dharma Version - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Rapier (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=120)
+---- Thread: [MOD] Rapier Qualar MOD - Dharma Version (/showthread.php?tid=82284)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28

- Paaa - 2010-12-28

Gota say qualar, you give the most amazing support for your product. Very appreciated!

- Zxurian - 2010-12-29

really Awesome work Qualar.

Only on issue. Can you make the backdrops image path option able to select network shares? currently, i can only select local directories.

- qualar - 2010-12-29

Zxurian Wrote:really Awesome work Qualar.

Only on issue. Can you make the backdrops image path option able to select network shares? currently, i can only select local directories.

To be honest you are much better keeping backdrops local for good performance.

- henrikyo - 2010-12-30

qualar, one question, didnt find any info on it, does this support cinema experience plugin out of the box, or do i need to edit something, if so, what? Smile awesome skin, keep up the good job

- Bram77 - 2010-12-30

Fantastic job on making the skin fast and compatible. It's not completely bug free but functioning pretty well! Thanks a lot!

- Drazzilb - 2010-12-31

I do have one question. This might be something to do with the program and not to do with the Skin. However, you might be able to shed some light on this very small issue. Is there a way to make the Movie thumbs populate faster it might be my machine but it seems to take 5-10 seconds for them to start populating.

Thanks to everybody.

EDIT - Question for Qualar is there any plans to add any PVR support to your skin. Something like Margro is doing with his build with PVR support http://www.scintilla.utwente.nl/~marcelg/xbmc/prebuild.html Just a question I know this is in work official with the new Eden build that is being released sometime within the next couple of months.

One more thing I've noticed Is there any plans on adding the ability to customize the skin. I've noticed on other Skins your able to customize some of the layout and the buttons on the home screen for example: I don't really like the "Recently Added" feature built into this I'm wanting to Hide it. Other than going into the code and finding it other Skins have added a radio button within a customize or skin button under settings to change this. If this already added and I'm just a moron i apologize. Another example I'd like to give is the ability to Hide the Programs button and things of that nature. As well as the ability to make a custom button like I would like the ability to separate some of my movies. For instance "Kids" movies I've created a separate source/folder and would like only those movies listed in that folder to show up as a main button on the Home page. is this possible?

Once again THANKS.

- qualar - 2010-12-31

Bram77 Wrote:Fantastic job on making the skin fast and compatible. It's not completely bug free but functioning pretty well! Thanks a lot!

If you tell me the bugs I will try to fix them for you.

- qualar - 2010-12-31

Drazzilb Wrote:I do have one question. This might be something to do with the program and not to do with the Skin. However, you might be able to shed some light on this very small issue. Is there a way to make the Movie thumbs populate faster it might be my machine but it seems to take 5-10 seconds for them to start populating.

Thanks to everybody.

EDIT - Question for Qualar is there any plans to add any PVR support to your skin. Something like Margro is doing with his build with PVR support http://www.scintilla.utwente.nl/~marcelg/xbmc/prebuild.html Just a question I know this is in work official with the new Eden build that is being released sometime within the next couple of months.

One more thing I've noticed Is there any plans on adding the ability to customize the skin. I've noticed on other Skins your able to customize some of the layout and the buttons on the home screen for example: I don't really like the "Recently Added" feature built into this I'm wanting to Hide it. Other than going into the code and finding it other Skins have added a radio button within a customize or skin button under settings to change this. If this already added and I'm just a moron i apologize. Another example I'd like to give is the ability to Hide the Programs button and things of that nature.

Once again THANKS.

Unfortunately because I don's have PVR hardware it makes building nad testing a PVR skin very difficult.

- Drazzilb - 2010-12-31

qualar Wrote:Unfortunately because I don's have PVR hardware it makes building nad testing a PVR skin very difficult.

Completely understandable was just a thought. Seeing as how in my opinion I think that aspect is the ONLY thing that XBMC is missing and will be the cherry on top for this amazing software

Oh and any thoughts on the 2nd part of that EDIT question in regards to customizing the interfance

- qualar - 2011-01-01

Drazzilb Wrote:I do have one question. This might be something to do with the program and not to do with the Skin. However, you might be able to shed some light on this very small issue. Is there a way to make the Movie thumbs populate faster it might be my machine but it seems to take 5-10 seconds for them to start populating.

Thanks to everybody.

One more thing I've noticed Is there any plans on adding the ability to customize the skin. I've noticed on other Skins your able to customize some of the layout and the buttons on the home screen for example: I don't really like the "Recently Added" feature built into this I'm wanting to Hide it. Other than going into the code and finding it other Skins have added a radio button within a customize or skin button under settings to change this. If this already added and I'm just a moron i apologize. Another example I'd like to give is the ability to Hide the Programs button and things of that nature. As well as the ability to make a custom button like I would like the ability to separate some of my movies. For instance "Kids" movies I've created a separate source/folder and would like only those movies listed in that folder to show up as a main button on the Home page. is this possible?

Once again THANKS.

Regarding yor last question all those things can be done in skin options.

- Drazzilb - 2011-01-01

qualar Wrote:Regarding your last question all those things can be done in skin options.

Hmmm, that's the way it is done in other Skin i thought it kind of weird when i didn't see it under the System window. All i have at the top is Appearance, Music, Videos, Pictures, Weather, Network, System, and Add-ons. I hope I'm not being dumb or messed something up.

- qualar - 2011-01-01

press up on settings on main screen and you get extra options.

- Drazzilb - 2011-01-01

qualar Wrote:press up on settings on main screen and you get extra options.

WoW. I'm that dumb.. Thanks man.

- Prizm4 - 2011-01-01

Hi Qualar,

First I want to say that this is a very professional looking skin and is the best overall skin I've used. It really looks fantastic.

I have a couple enquiries:

- Is is possible to have an option to show an UP arrow or perhaps text somewhere showing to push UP for more options? I'm thinking in terms of the skin being user-friendly for anyone to use. So that anyone who is not familiar with XBMC can pick up the remote and automatically know how to navigate.
Another suggestion would be an option to always show the Homescreen options.
Like the previous poster, I couldn't find the skin settings until I finally figured out that you can press up.

- Along the same lines, when viewing movies for instance in Wall View, is it possible to add an option for a graphical tab on the left-hand side? The tab could say "options" or "Menu" or it could just be an icon. Just something to indicate that additional options are available.
For instance, in the below screenshot, Boxee has a tab on the left that says "Menu".
http://cdn.venturebeat.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/boxee-screenshot.jpg
This helps make the skin more friendly for those who are not familiar.

- The Wall View option looks awesome, though it's a big sluggish on my ION2. For instance it's a bit jerky when scrolling the screen up and down, and the movie posters near the bottom don't always show up straight away. I don't know if you have any thoughts on how this could be improved?

- On first boot, sometimes the Weather is not displayed. I have to manually go in to Weather and press Refresh. Not sure if this is the skin or weather.com, but I've only really noticed it since changing to your skin.

- Is is possible to choose which shutdown options are available? For instance, removing hibernate/sleep/etc from the shutdown menu.

Thank you very much for all your hard work on an awesome skin.

- qualar - 2011-01-02

Hi Qualar,

First I want to say that this is a very professional looking skin and is the best overall skin I've used. It really looks fantastic.

I have a couple enquiries:

- Is is possible to have an option to show an UP arrow or perhaps text somewhere showing to push UP for more options? I'm thinking in terms of the skin being user-friendly for anyone to use. So that anyone who is not familiar with XBMC can pick up the remote and automatically know how to navigate.
Another suggestion would be an option to always show the Homescreen options.
Like the previous poster, I couldn't find the skin settings until I finally figured out that you can press up.

I will look into this but would probably keep as an option to avoid the skin getting too cluttered

- Along the same lines, when viewing movies for instance in Wall View, is it possible to add an option for a graphical tab on the left-hand side? The tab could say "options" or "Menu" or it could just be an icon. Just something to indicate that additional options are available.
For instance, in the below screenshot, Boxee has a tab on the left that says "Menu".
http://cdn.venturebeat.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/boxee-screenshot.jpg
This helps make the skin more friendly for those who are not familiar.

This would be very difficult because depending on the view you are in alters the direction you press to get to the menu. Wallview is particular difficult because you have to get to the edge first before getting to the menu.

- The Wall View option looks awesome, though it's a big sluggish on my ION2. For instance it's a bit jerky when scrolling the screen up and down, and the movie posters near the bottom don't always show up straight away. I don't know if you have any thoughts on how this could be improved?

The wallview code I have used is quite compact but ibviously is graphically intensive so could stutter on some hardware.

- On first boot, sometimes the Weather is not displayed. I have to manually go in to Weather and press Refresh. Not sure if this is the skin or weather.com, but I've only really noticed it since changing to your skin.

I don't get this issue but if other people are getting it I will look into it.

- Is is possible to choose which shutdown options are available? For instance, removing hibernate/sleep/etc from the shutdown menu.

If you want to remove some options just edit DialogButtonMenu.xml