Kodi Community Forum
[MOD] Rapier Qualar MOD - Dharma Version - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Rapier (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=120)
+---- Thread: [MOD] Rapier Qualar MOD - Dharma Version (/showthread.php?tid=82284)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28

- qualar - 2011-01-12

loggio Wrote:Qualar,

The issue Drazzilb is talking about with thumbnails/posters lagging, and being "slow" is real, i experience this also. It's the skin that's doing it, it's not a hardware issue. I have reason to believe the issue is with the thumbnails not loading in the "background"

ReFocus had this issue also, but only with it's poster view. When using confluence and most other skins i could scroll extremely fast through thumbnail views/poster views etc without issue, though when trying to scroll fast through ReFocus's 'poster view' it would quickly become slow and unpleasant. I raised the issue with the developer and he tried to tell me it was a hardware issue also, though upon further investigation, he released a new version that fixed the issue. I believe he changed thumbnails to load in the background just like they do in confluence and many other skins.

I'm having the EXACT same issues with ALL versions of rapier.

Quoted from Jeroen (creator of ReFocus) "For me Confluence loads all images too, so it could be down to how fast the system is. That said though I did notice that I forgot to set the poster images as textures to load in the background. I have now also set it to always preload 4 images. So I'm hoping this will speed it up for you. It did for me although nothing earth shattering. If you have to scroll through a large library though I would advice to use the scrollbars as that will always be much faster."

Hope this helps, if you do this for most views the skins speed will be greatly improved i believe. Maybe you could contact him for further info on how he fixed it. But a assure you, it's a problem with the skin and NOT hardware.

cheers,
and great work btw Smile

If someone get get more info from the refocus developer about how to do this I will make the changes.

- loggio - 2011-01-12

qualar Wrote:If someone get get more info from the refocus developer about how to do this I will make the changes.

Qualar,

I'm looking into it now, I've found the problem. Got it running faster already. I will modify and upload my fixes in due time. Stay tuned.

Also,

I may be missing something, in library "sort by: name" where is the option to change ascending or descending ? all my movies are Z-A and i cannot change this..

Loggio.

- qualar - 2011-01-12

I'm looking into it now, I've found the problem. Got it running faster already. I will modify and upload my fixes in due time. Stay tuned.

Also,

I may be missing something, in library "sort by: name" where is the option to change ascending or descending ? all my movies are Z-A and i cannot change this..

Loggio.

Please make a note of the changes because I have a newer version here with some extras added.

- loggio - 2011-01-12

Ok qualar,

the main thing that was slowing things down was the InfoPane... When this was "on" it was causing sluggish activity while navigating through quite a few different view types, and when switched "off" these views would run smooth again. The two views i use most are 'large poster' and 'thumbnail'

The problem was with the includes_InfoPane.xml
It was not loading it's textures in the background, especially the little thumbnails and logo's etc.

Changed most textured (png's and such) strings,
<texture>
TO
<texture background="true">

Uploaded the file. Test before & after. Let me know how it goes.
Download:
http://www.mediafire.com/?zbe1pxzp950c5zb

Also,

looking through a lot of the ''views'' code, a lot of the textures are not loading from the background, that's why some are slow and sluggy and others are speedy.

did you have any information regarding "Ascending/Descending" order when sorting by name/date added etc?

cheers,
loggio

- loggio - 2011-01-12

Another thing, you may want to change the default sounds of the skin, they get cut off when you move to quickly. not to mention they are way to lound for navigating, not subtle enough and can get quite annoying.

Just a suggestion.

Try these, they're what i use for rapier.
http://www.mediafire.com/?gd9g290dp22y9y3

- qualar - 2011-01-12

loggio Wrote:Ok qualar,

the main thing that was slowing things down was the InfoPane... When this was "on" it was causing sluggish activity while navigating through quite a few different view types, and when switched "off" these views would run smooth again. The two views i use most are 'large poster' and 'thumbnail'

The problem was with the includes_InfoPane.xml
It was not loading it's textures in the background, especially the little thumbnails and logo's etc.

Changed most textured (png's and such) strings,
<texture>
TO
<texture background="true">

Uploaded the file. Test before & after. Let me know how it goes.
Download:
http://www.mediafire.com/?zbe1pxzp950c5zb

Also,

looking through a lot of the ''views'' code, a lot of the textures are not loading from the background, that's why some are slow and sluggy and others are speedy.

did you have any information regarding "Ascending/Descending" order when sorting by name/date added etc?

cheers,
loggio

I have changed all the textures to load in background for all views now.

Regarding Ascending/Descending mine always shows my library in Ascending.

- loggio - 2011-01-12

qualar Wrote:I have changed all the textures to load in background for all views now.

Regarding Ascending/Descending mine always shows my library in Ascending.

That's good to hear!

Yes I know this, but confluence has the option to sort each 'sort by:' mode by ascending or descending, there's a little arrow next to 'sort by: name ^' that when selected, points up or down indecating ascending or descending.

Can you add this?

- qualar - 2011-01-13

Version 4.8 uploaded.

Added: skin settings button to settings menu
Added: background loading to textures (hopefully speeds things up) PLEASE REPORT
Other minor fixes

- Prizm4 - 2011-01-13

Great, gonna try it out. Thank you!

- PatOso - 2011-01-13

http://rapidshare.com/files/442391487/Strings.Spanish.Qualar_Mod.rar

Spanish translation.

Greetings.

- loggio - 2011-01-13

Qualar,

i had a quick look through confidence code, i stripped out the code for ascending/descending toggle, if you could add this as a small arrow toggle button next to "sort by" in the menubar it would be greatly appreciated. what do you think?

this is the "Sort by" code inside 'includes_MenuBar' you'd be looking for:

<control type="button" id="3">
<description>Sort by button</description>
<include>MenuBarWideBtn</include>
<label>103</label>
</control>

Add the following code from confluence below, and modify to suit the skin:

<control type="togglebutton" id="4">
<description>Sort asc</description>
<posx>220</posx>
<posy>53</posy>
<label>-</label>
<onleft>3</onleft>
<onright>50</onright>
<onup>2</onup>
<ondown>99</ondown>
</control>

Cheers,
Loggio.

- qualar - 2011-01-13

i had a quick look through confidence code, i stripped out the code for ascending/descending toggle, if you could add this as a small arrow toggle button next to "sort by" in the menubar it would be greatly appreciated. what do you think?

this is the "Sort by" code inside 'includes_MenuBar' you'd be looking for:

<control type="button" id="3">
<description>Sort by button</description>
<include>MenuBarWideBtn</include>
<label>103</label>
</control>

Add the following code from confluence below, and modify to suit the skin:

<control type="togglebutton" id="4">
<description>Sort asc</description>
<posx>220</posx>
<posy>53</posy>
<label>-</label>
<onleft>3</onleft>
<onright>50</onright>
<onup>2</onup>
<ondown>99</ondown>
</control>

Cheers,
Loggio.

Yes, I was already working on the sort by field to add some extra sorts. The problem is where to locate the asc/des toggle. I need to give it some thought.

- loggio - 2011-01-13

Oh good to hear :-)

By the way things are loading much quicker and smoother since the background loading textures, tested on my atom machine :-)

Movie - OSD - rapidvelo - 2011-01-14

Hi Qualar,

Amazing work once again thank you,.

Could you direct me to where I could change the OSD settings so that when playing a movie i could put all buttons in the same line?

As opposed to hitting M and then UP button (This combo doesn't seem to work) I can eventually get there with the mouse in hand and the arrow keyboards but it can be a pain.

Just wondering how easy it would be to simply put those 4 extra buttons on the first screen and avoid having 2 screens.

Thanks

- Scottland - 2011-01-15

Hi there,

I was just wondering if you could include an option to change the default background for all screens? I've figured out I can do this if I over-right the file in the skins folder, but from the UI would be a neater way if possible Smile

Also, is it possible at all for me to change the icons for tv/movies etc? I've found some nice polaroid ones which I think would look quite cool.

Thanks Smile