Kodi Community Forum
[MOD] Rapier Qualar MOD - Dharma Version - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Rapier (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=120)
+---- Thread: [MOD] Rapier Qualar MOD - Dharma Version (/showthread.php?tid=82284)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28

- ldi9999 - 2011-04-20

ldi9999 Wrote:Thanks. Is it hard to remove it? Can you point a direction so I can try? Rolleyes

please advise.

- qualar - 2011-04-20

ldi9999 Wrote:please advise.

It is impossible to advise on this because although not diffcult making a LITE version is a major undertaking. If you already know XML you need to read the XBMC skinning documentation.

Things you would need to address for LITE version.

1. All the skin files would have to be gone through removing all heavyweight features.
2. Images couldneed to be scaled to lower resolutions.
3. Maybe consider reducing the entire resolution of the skin.

As I said to do this correctly would take a significant amount of time this will not change no matter how many times you Rolleyes.

Skins are already out there that are designed with lower spec hardware in mind inc the the original Rapier.

the purpose of my MOD is to add all the decent features I find so that people can benefit from these features but still enjoy the Rapier look and feel.

However, if all you want to do it reduce the size of the mod. Just navigate the skin folder and you will find lots of weather desktop backgrounds. Just delete them. Also you could delete and images that are for views you do not use eg Jukebox. Providing you don't select the Jukebox view all will be OK.

- ldi9999 - 2011-04-20

qualar Wrote:It is impossible to advise on this because although not diffcult making a LITE version is a major undertaking. If you already know XML you need to read the XBMC skinning documentation.

Things you would need to address for LITE version.

1. All the skin files would have to be gone through removing all heavyweight features.
2. Images couldneed to be scaled to lower resolutions.
3. Maybe consider reducing the entire resolution of the skin.

As I said to do this correctly would take a significant amount of time this will not change no matter how many times you Rolleyes.

Skins are already out there that are designed with lower spec hardware in mind inc the the original Rapier.

the purpose of my MOD is to add all the decent features I find so that people can benefit from these features but still enjoy the Rapier look and feel.

However, if all you want to do it reduce the size of the mod. Just navigate the skin folder and you will find lots of weather desktop backgrounds. Just delete them. Also you could delete and images that are for views you do not use eg Jukebox. Providing you don't select the Jukebox view all will be OK.

Thanks for the explanation.
I was not thinking of create lite version myself because it's too hard for meNo. What I was thinking was just reduce the size, like you mentioned above. I just want to make sure I can just delete those weather files I won't be using without causing system crash.

Here is a list of what I would be doing, please correct me if you see anything wrong:

- Delete the whole folder images\backgrounds\weather-conditional
Do i need to edit some xml files to disable it?
- There are two folders are identical to me. Can I remove one of them?
images\foldericons\weather
images\weather
- Delete folder media\jukebox.
Is there a way to remove it from showing as an option (editing xml file)?

Thanks again!

- SupaYoshi - 2011-04-20

Again my question stays unanswered Sad And I'm fucking lvoe this skin while I hate it that my question isn't answered,
How do I edit the textures.xpr file, so i can make texts like "Anime" (like furby did) for example in the home menu, and how do I add icons to the set, and finally put this skin right for me Sad
Come on please help me! Im getting annoiyed i've been asking this since the beginning of march!
I PMéd Furby no answer =/ Asked it again in this topic, no answer, and I pmed qualar no answer....)

I know it's in Home.xml, I just want to know how to add custom texts...!
Come on qualar please explain this to me, I've been waiting for ages.

- skullmonkey - 2011-04-25

Hey qualar, long time no see. ;D

I have request. Can You please add link on the HOME screen for TV SHOW Next Aired. I saw it at my friends home for AEON skin and I see it very usefull.

Thanks in advanced,
S@

ps:
Some bugs I noticed:
* When enter SETTINGS from MOVIES the top navigation is not visible;
* When enter SETTINGS and then into SKIN menu, the TOP navigation cannot be accessed again. Only the EJECT/TURN OFF menu.

- Elixer - 2011-04-29

Hello there! I really enjoy the Skin-mod you created.

Question/suggestion/request:

I was quite content with my setup until I wanted to try a script called Trakt Utilities which required me to update to a nightly build in order for it to function.

After the upgrade I noticed that the script recentlyadded.py was no longer working and after a little research I realized that this was because it was no longer needed as it was integrated into xbmc.

I was wondering if you had any intention or were in the process of updating your skin to to fix compatibility issues (and this issue particularly) for the near future. Anyway, thank you.

- Elixer - 2011-04-29

Actually... After manually re-installing the recentlyadded.py script and cycling through skins, the issue doesn't seem to be affecting Qualar Mod anymore. So, ignore my last post!

- darkzu - 2011-04-30

So far the skin is really neat and im pretty satisfied, i have just one wish

the info from mikitobuild:

the info from qualar:

so is it possible to have the info view like in mikito so that the background movie list hides?

- qualar - 2011-05-01

darkzu Wrote:So far the skin is really neat and im pretty satisfied, i have just one wish

the info from mikitobuild:

the info from qualar:

so is it possible to have the info view like in mikito so that the background movie list hides?

Yes change the XML for the video info to Window instead of Dialog.

- darkzu - 2011-05-01

sorry for the stupid question but how do I do that? Im using xbmc only a few days Smile
do i have to do something with the skin.rapierqualar\720p\DialogVideoInfo.xml
or can i do it from xbmc if so where exactly is the option

- qualar - 2011-05-01

darkzu Wrote:sorry for the stupid question but how do I do that? Im using xbmc only a few days Smile

You have to edit xml files but you need to know XML and XBMC skinning language.

- ldi9999 - 2011-05-02

ldi9999 Wrote:Thanks for the explanation.
I was not thinking of create lite version myself because it's too hard for meNo. What I was thinking was just reduce the size, like you mentioned above. I just want to make sure I can just delete those weather files I won't be using without causing system crash.

Here is a list of what I would be doing, please correct me if you see anything wrong:

- Delete the whole folder images\backgrounds\weather-conditional
Do i need to edit some xml files to disable it?
- There are two folders are identical to me. Can I remove one of them?
images\foldericons\weather
images\weather
- Delete folder media\jukebox.
Is there a way to remove it from showing as an option (editing xml file)?

Thanks again!

Qualar, can you advise when you get chance? Thanks

- darkzu - 2011-05-02

qualar Wrote:You have to edit xml files but you need to know XML and XBMC skinning language.

well if you can atleast point me what has to be done there in the xml file

- scarfa - 2011-05-03

darkzu Wrote:sorry for the stupid question but how do I do that? Im using xbmc only a few days Smile

Add this line in MyVideoNav.xml and MyVideo.xml like so:

Code:
<control type="group">
      [b]<visible>!Window.IsActive(MovieInformation)</visible>[/b]
      <include>IconView</include> <!-- 50 -->
      <include>BigIconView</include> <!-- 51 -->
      <include>ListView</include> <!-- 52 -->
</control>

- darkzu - 2011-05-03

thanks, its working