Kodi Community Forum
Transparency! v3.11.7 for xbmc dharma 10.1 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Transparency! (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=115)
+----- Thread: Transparency! v3.11.7 for xbmc dharma 10.1 (/showthread.php?tid=82435)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29

- JustinAiken - 2010-10-18

And in the movie.nfo it says

Code:
<codec>divx 3 low</codec>

Oddly enough, after playing it, the divx flag appears...

- ronie - 2010-10-18

clock2113 Wrote:Image

And in the movie.nfo it says

Code:
<codec>divx 3 low</codec>

Oddly enough, after playing it, the divx flag appears...

when you add movie to the library, xbmc will use the codec info from the movie.nfo file. when you play a movie, xbmc will detect the codec from the videofile itself and update the codec info in the database with this new value.

the big problem is, all media managers will use slightly different names for the same codec and it may not be possible to support them all.
imo they should use the official FourCC wherever possible,
in your case that would be <codec>div3</codec>.

- bobrap - 2010-10-19

How does the new (svn) season fanart work? I still get the same fanart through out. Thanks

- gabbott - 2010-10-19

bobrap Wrote:How does the new (svn) season fanart work? I still get the same fanart through out. Thanks

Thats a good question, haven't been able to find much info on season fanart for tv shows.

- gabbott - 2010-10-20

Something I just noticed, if you browse addons and go to one that is disabled (currently the amazon.com music scraper is) in fanart view, there is some text that seems to overlap.

- ronie - 2010-10-20

bobrap Wrote:How does the new (svn) season fanart work? I still get the same fanart through out. Thanks

your episodes must be in sepearte seasons folders.
in every season folder, put a fanart.jpg image and it should work.

if not, please report back. it's a new feature and i need you guys to test it and find the bugs. :-)

- ronie - 2010-10-20

gabbott Wrote:Something I just noticed, if you browse addons and go to one that is disabled (currently the amazon.com music scraper is) in fanart view, there is some text that seems to overlap.

i don't have any disabled addons at my end, so can't check for myself.
would you be so kind to post a screenshot?

- gabbott - 2010-10-20

ronie Wrote:i don't have any disabled addons at my end, so can't check for myself.
would you be so kind to post a screenshot?

Actually, I meant addons marked as broken not disabled. You should be able to see them by browsing available addons.

When I get a chance I can definitely grab a screenshot.

here ya go:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

- gabbott - 2010-10-20

ronie Wrote:your episodes must be in sepearte seasons folders.

if not, please report back. it's a new feature and i need you guys to test it and find the bugs. :-)

I'll get some season fanart setup to play around with. One question about the newly added movie extra fanart... does the fanart in the extrafanart folder get cached? I noticed when scrolling through my movies and I get to one that has extrafanart the scrolling slows way down (almost pauses). On subsequent navigations to that particular title it didn't seem as bad but then other times it seems to pause slightly again.

- bobrap - 2010-10-20

ronie Wrote:your episodes must be in sepearte seasons folders.

Seems to be working fine for me now that I added the files. Thanks

- ronie - 2010-10-20

gabbott Wrote:I'll get some season fanart setup to play around with. One question about the newly added movie extra fanart... does the fanart in the extrafanart folder get cached? I noticed when scrolling through my movies and I get to one that has extrafanart the scrolling slows way down (almost pauses). On subsequent navigations to that particular title it didn't seem as bad but then other times it seems to pause slightly again.

i'm seeing the same. i really don't know if it get cached though.

- ronie - 2010-10-20

gabbott Wrote:here ya go:

thanx! fixed in svn.

- mcborzu - 2010-10-20

gabbott Wrote:I'll get some season fanart setup to play around with. One question about the newly added movie extra fanart... does the fanart in the extrafanart folder get cached? I noticed when scrolling through my movies and I get to one that has extrafanart the scrolling slows way down (almost pauses). On subsequent navigations to that particular title it didn't seem as bad but then other times it seems to pause slightly again.

I've notice for me is sometimes my drives have to wake up, it'll pause at first pass through then after that it's nice smooth transitions...Just one of those things that you gotta put up with skin hacks, for me it's worth it.

- gabbott - 2010-10-20

mcborzu Wrote:I've notice for me is sometimes my drives have to wake up, it'll pause at first pass through then after that it's nice smooth transitions...Just one of those things that you gotta put up with skin hacks, for me it's worth it.

Agreed on being worth it, then don't have to chose between some of the great fanart out there. Another thing to mention, when it comes to Night and T! the implementation seems to be different. Well at least the last time I tried Night a couple weeks ago.

With Night, when you select a movie the fanart that is displayed is always fanart1, and then cycles between them, 1.. 2.. 3.. etc. If you move off a movie and then back to it, that starts over.

With T!, it seems that the fanart rotation process happens even when the movie isnt displayed. So when you go to a movie it appears the fanart shown is random and sometimes I've brought up a movie right when the transition happens to the next fanart. I like that behavior because it makes it more random when scrolling through movies. But question is, does that require more processing?

- ronie - 2010-10-20

gabbott Wrote:With T!, it seems that the fanart rotation process happens even when the movie isnt displayed. So when you go to a movie it appears the fanart shown is random and sometimes I've brought up a movie right when the transition happens to the next fanart. I like that behavior because it makes it more random when scrolling through movies. But question is, does that require more processing?

nope, i just display the extra fanart in random order.
nothing is being processed in the background when the movie isn't focussed.