Kodi Community Forum
XBMC Slingbox Client - Development Status - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Kodi Application (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=93)
+--- Thread: XBMC Slingbox Client - Development Status (/showthread.php?tid=82597)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28

Thanks! - @ndrew - 2011-03-01

This looks awesome. I can't wait to get home this evening and load up the SlingBox player! I've been reading this forum for about a week and I just had to register and post a big THANK YOU.

I haden't messed with XBMC since 2004 when I loaded the dashboard on my Xbox to stream movies from an FTP folderSmile I had no need in registering as the instructions and examples given for everything (from loading XBMC on my ATV2 to learning and following the threads about the SlingBox integration) were phenomenal. To date... I have no questions.

Our society is steadily progressing down the path of "I want it now". Things like XBMC or hacking an iPhone used to be incomprehensible for non-technical people. With technology finally becoming "cool" to the masses over really the last 5-10 years, our hobby/passion/livelihood/obsession is quickly being invaded by the gimmegimmegimme generation of people that think this shit is easy so we should all just stop what we're doing and help them NOW.

Thanks for your efforts Harry. Your posts and details do NOT go unappreciated. Please know that there are other geeks out here who appreciate what you and other contributors do, and are thankful for ANY time you put into your spare time projects.

- Harry Muscle - 2011-03-03

@ndrew Wrote:This looks awesome. I can't wait to get home this evening and load up the SlingBox player! I've been reading this forum for about a week and I just had to register and post a big THANK YOU.

I haden't messed with XBMC since 2004 when I loaded the dashboard on my Xbox to stream movies from an FTP folderSmile I had no need in registering as the instructions and examples given for everything (from loading XBMC on my ATV2 to learning and following the threads about the SlingBox integration) were phenomenal. To date... I have no questions.

Our society is steadily progressing down the path of "I want it now". Things like XBMC or hacking an iPhone used to be incomprehensible for non-technical people. With technology finally becoming "cool" to the masses over really the last 5-10 years, our hobby/passion/livelihood/obsession is quickly being invaded by the gimmegimmegimme generation of people that think this shit is easy so we should all just stop what we're doing and help them NOW.

Thanks for your efforts Harry. Your posts and details do NOT go unappreciated. Please know that there are other geeks out here who appreciate what you and other contributors do, and are thankful for ANY time you put into your spare time projects.

Thanks for the kind words.

Patch version 5 is up with the last set of changes requested by the devs ... hopefully this will make it into the code base.

Harry

- nokian - 2011-03-03

Is there a way to configure the settings without having to compile the source code? I really do not wanna mess up my ATV.

Appreciate your work!! - Koecks - 2011-03-03

Sounds excellent can't wait for the release that includes this. Are there any guides how to make the patch on atv2?

- zydeco - 2011-03-04

Harry,

Excellent work! I have this running successfully on one of 2 Win 7 (64) machines. I dl'd the compile from the link you gave out earlier. On the machine that it won't work on I get an error of 'MSVCR100.dll missing'. I'm not sure why. Originally it errored on both machines but I re-downloaded the file and that second try worked fine.
Any thoughts?
FYI: I have a Slingbox and a Slingbox Pro but only the standard one will output correct video and it's awesome!

Thanks!

- Harry Muscle - 2011-03-04

nokian Wrote:Is there a way to configure the settings without having to compile the source code? I really do not wanna mess up my ATV.

Sorry, that's the only way. Once the patch makes it into the actual XBMC code base, then you'll just need to use the latest nightly build.

Harry

Koecks Wrote:Sounds excellent can't wait for the release that includes this. Are there any guides how to make the patch on atv2?

I haven't actually checked out this new port yet (cause I don't have any apple products at home) ... so can't help there. But the patch is very close to making it into the code base, so once that happens all you'll need is the latest nightly build.

Harry

zydeco Wrote:Harry,

Excellent work! I have this running successfully on one of 2 Win 7 (64) machines. I dl'd the compile from the link you gave out earlier. On the machine that it won't work on I get an error of 'MSVCR100.dll missing'. I'm not sure why. Originally it errored on both machines but I re-downloaded the file and that second try worked fine.
Any thoughts?
FYI: I have a Slingbox and a Slingbox Pro but only the standard one will output correct video and it's awesome!

Thanks!

I'm not sure what that dll is for, but you should be able to just copy it from the working machine to the same location on the non working machine where this file is apparently missing and the issue should be fixed. That error should have nothing to do with my patch, most likely just a generic XBMC error.

Harry

- zydeco - 2011-03-05

I just wanted to update the problem of "MSVCR100.dll missing".

It has to do with C++, I installed Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable and it fixed my problem.

I know it's been said before but thank you Harry for the work you did on this!

- w2kwizard - 2011-03-06

Will this code only run on Windows and Linux? Will it run on the older XBMC version for the XBOX?

Either way, excellent work on this plugin!

- Harry Muscle - 2011-03-06

w2kwizard Wrote:Will this code only run on Windows and Linux? Will it run on the older XBMC version for the XBOX?

Either way, excellent work on this plugin!

If someone decides to port it to the xbmc4xbox project then it probably could. I can't think of any technical reason why it wouldn't work on the xbox. I just don't have access to the programming tools for the xbox (you need to acquire them directly from Microsoft for a pretty hefty fee) so I won't be the guy to port it unfortunately. But feel free to ask the guys who look after that project and point them to this patch.

Harry

- magnam212 - 2011-03-08

Harry, you are awesome! I've been following your posts for the last couple weeks and finally decided to give this a go.... I've been trying to get SlingBox Pro HD on XBMC on Linux using git and your new patches. Getting lots of errors. Has anyone else successfully got this working?

- Harry Muscle - 2011-03-08

magnam212 Wrote:Harry, you are awesome! I've been following your posts for the last couple weeks and finally decided to give this a go.... I've been trying to get SlingBox Pro HD on XBMC on Linux using git and your new patches. Getting lots of errors. Has anyone else successfully got this working?

The Slingbox Pro HD won't always work with this patch cause some (most) encrypt all resolutions, unlike other Slingbox models that always leave certain resolutions unencrypted.

Harry

- magnam212 - 2011-03-09

Harry Muscle Wrote:The Slingbox Pro HD won't always work with this patch cause some (most) encrypt all resolutions, unlike other Slingbox models that always leave certain resolutions unencrypted.

Harry

I remember reading that. That is ok for now....I just look forward to being able to make a connection thru xbmc.....right now I can get close to 5.8 Mbps but with the WINE solution my set up can't handle it and I drop frames. I want to see if the xbmc solution is any better albeit with encryption....I'll still be able to tell if it is pixelated and dropping frames based off of the videos of the encrypted slings I've seen.....at any rate, kudos again and thanks for replying!Smile

- nokian - 2011-03-10

Please post XBMC.zip with the latest patch for Dharma 10.1. Your first XBMC.zip only gets audio and no video from my Slingbox Solo.

Any idea with Slingbox will be officially included in XBMC?