Kodi Community Forum
XBMC Slingbox Client - Development Status - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Kodi Application (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=93)
+--- Thread: XBMC Slingbox Client - Development Status (/showthread.php?tid=82597)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28

- crash123 - 2011-06-02

Were you patching a nightly or using a custom build? Because when you posted that it wasn't in the XBMC git mainline yet, it is now though so you can either compile the mainline branch or wait for the next nightly to try it out.

Cheers,
Rob

- cooltech - 2011-06-03

crash123 Wrote:Were you patching a nightly or using a custom build? Because when you posted that it wasn't in the XBMC git mainline yet, it is now though so you can either compile the mainline branch or wait for the next nightly to try it out.

Cheers,
Rob

I compiled my build a few weeks ago. What exactly needs to be done after moving the xbmc bin file and strings.xml file to the proper folders?

- Manuito - 2011-06-05

Hi,

I've been following this thread for a long time. I'm afraid I don't have the required computer skills to compile the mainline branch (is there a step by step guide somewhere?), so at the moment all I can do is wait until the latest nightly incorporates the slingplayer code.

Any idea of when is that nightly going to be published? Also, what is the procedure going to be to add the slingplayer to the ATV2?

Thanks very much!

- SofaKng - 2011-06-05

Does this support HD resolutions yet or only SD?

- DonJ - 2011-06-05

The latest nightly builds should include slingbox support:

http://mirrors.xbmc.org/nightlies/

http://buildbot.xbmc.org/waterfall

- Manuito - 2011-06-06

ATV2 nightlies are not getting released as often as others, or are they? Last one I can find is 20 days old.

- cooltech - 2011-06-06

would I just add the unstable repository from this link to install a build that includes sling-box functionality? https://help.ubuntu.com/community/XBMC

I am running ubuntu and a regular (non-live) build of xbmc

- cooltech - 2011-06-08

anything on this?

- jari-sandbox - 2011-06-09

Harry,

Awesome job. I have been looking for a Linux Slingbox client for a long time. I have fiddled with a WINE config and had it all running until the last Ubuntu update. Haven't had time to fix it yet but in the process stumbled on this forum.

I saw the "pull" request into xbmc "closed" and said I must give this a try. Downloaded the trunk build four days after your code was pulled into the main trunk. Opened "README.ubuntu" followed the directions and had no problem in compiling on Linux - Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal (64 bit) using the directions for 10.10 Meerkat. There were some compiler warnings but I don't think it was related to any of your code.

Connected to my Slingbox a half a world away and in a few seconds I was watching. Unfortunately I have a Slingbox PRO HD and after reading all the posts here I'm certain it's the encryption issue, even at 320x240.

If you need another PRO HD to fiddle with please let me know. I would be happy to oblige.

Keeping my fingers crossed that you can solve the encryption problem.

- nokian - 2011-06-10

Please compile a version for ATV1. Hope someone does it soon. Thanks!

- cooltech - 2011-06-11

can someone tell me whether this code is in the nightly build or not?

- cooltech - 2011-06-11

cooltech Wrote:can someone tell me whether this code is in the nightly build or not?

nevermind, just built a nightly and got the video and audio working, now just need to figure out the channels and I'm sorted Smile this is getting closer to greatness...

- mediumdry - 2011-06-11

Harry Muscle Wrote:Please post more details about your setup (ie: are you controlling a Satelite box, digital box, etc.), post a copy of your SlingboxSettings.xml file (on pastebin.com) and your xbmc.log file (on pastebin.com) that shows you trying to change channels, etc. I'll see if I can figure out what's going on.
I'm using your XBMC windows build, no special settings (so no SlingboxSettings.xml) and I'm controlling a Slingbox Pro.

Sorry for the late response, but haven't been able to do anything much with the slingbox, as it has moved to a friends place now. The first test I did was with the Slingbox Pro connected to a simple antenna, watching free to air digital tv. Now it is connected to a cable (coax connection) with regular analog channels.

So, stock XBMC with Sling, Slingbox Pro, connecting over the net. Changing channels works by punching the numbers in. xbmc.log of channel changing is here.

Once there's a Mac OS version with the Slingbox code, I'll probably add settings so I can do channel up/down from my Apple remote. Also, I might change the resolution, as I think 320x240 might not look very good on tv and I consistently do 4Mbps from this slingbox with the official player/website. (the Slingbox Pro supports both)

Any idea where I can find the available options for video quality settings that I can use in SlingboxSettings.xml?

- mediumdry - 2011-06-12

Just downloaded the latest daily build for OS X (xbmc-20110612-c28d6ef-master-i386) and that build crashes on my regular settings. On starting from scratch, it does work.

I can add the slingbox and watch tv on OS X. So far so good. I tried to change settings in SlingboxSettings.xml, but as soon as I select 640x480, the image becomes bad and the sound disappears. Settings under 640x480 are accepted and work, but look like it's 320x240 anyway. Videobitrate does not seems to have much influence. I've tried 2000, 2500, 3000 and even higher, but it didn't lead to an appreciable difference in viewing quality.

As far as usability goes, I can select the slingbox with the Apple remote, I can move volume up/down, but I cannot change channels. Using the keyboard, pressing a number, does work.

Is there any way to use the regular "skip forward" and "skip back" buttons, who don't have any effect in the player, as "channel up" and "channel down" buttons? If so, how?

- Tyler2191 - 2011-06-13

I feel like I've read this thread a million times and I can't seem to find where the Windows build is to download. Can someone post the link to it?

I read the whole thread, went to what seemed like every link, and even did a search for "windows" and found a threat that said:

"Here is the linux build, it's the same as the Windows one .." but I can't seem to find the windows one. I downloaded the Linux one thinking I could maybe use the same files, but of course that's not the case.

So three questions:

1.) Am I correct that there is a Windows build for the Slingplayer integration within XBMC? More importantly a Windows 7 build ..

2.) If there is, do I need to compile the code? If so, is there a tutorial for that?

3.) If there is a Windows build .. can someone post a link to it because as I said, I tried doing my due diligence by searching and reading the thread and I couldn't seem to find it. I know people don't like when users post things without first searching themselves, but I've searched and can't find it.

I am currently running: XBMCSetup-20110610-73a0871-master.exe

So just to make sure I'm not mistaken and I apologize if I am, but I'm under the impression that there is a way to integrate Slingplayer within XBMC for Windows 7. If not then you can of course completely ignore my thread and I'll continue to monitor the progress.