Kodi Community Forum
XBMC Slingbox Client - Development Status - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Kodi Application (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=93)
+--- Thread: XBMC Slingbox Client - Development Status (/showthread.php?tid=82597)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28

- Harry Muscle - 2011-07-10

mediumdry Wrote:While this is correct, once you have set up the correct codes, you still need something to activate the channel up/channel down command. Entering a number will succesfully change the channel if you use the internal receiver in the slingbox, but those options are not available with the apple remote.

Since up/down is used for the volume and the menu and play/pause and select button have their own uses (although play/pause and select are used as equivalent at the moment) it would seem like the left and right buttons are used for channel down/channel up respectively.

However, I don't know if this is easy to implement in the code. At the moment the left and right buttons don't have a function in the slingplayer.

What you want can be implemented by modifying the keymap.xml file. What you need to do is map the left/right buttons on the remote to Channel Up/Down or Page Up/Down. I personally hate messing with the keymap.xml file, but it's doable. If you post a new thread asking how to map those buttons on your remote to the Page Up/Down buttons you'll probably get some help on how to do it.

Thanks,
Harry

- nokian - 2011-07-10

Did anyone manage to get higher resolution with a Slingbox Solo. Mine is 320x240. It's a bit pixelated.

- deshwasi - 2011-07-11

thanks so much for getting this into xbmc. i am using this on a ATV2. i have a DVR feeding the slingbox. if i wanted to control the DVR via the ATV2, is that a possibility?

also, does this work with the PRO model (not PRO-HD)?

- Harry Muscle - 2011-07-11

deshwasi Wrote:thanks so much for getting this into xbmc. i am using this on a ATV2. i have a DVR feeding the slingbox. if i wanted to control the DVR via the ATV2, is that a possibility?

also, does this work with the PRO model (not PRO-HD)?

Currently only the Channel Up/Down and Channel number buttons are supported. If your DVR requires more remote buttons to function, then unfortunately currently it's not possible. It's a XBMC UI limitation more so than the Slingbox code. Maybe once the PVR branch goes live the UI won't be as restrictive.

As for the PRO model, I believe it was tested fine ... but don't blame me if you get one and it ends up not working Smile

Thanks,
Harry

- ktjensen - 2011-07-12

Just want to confirm that SLINGBOX SOLO will work over the internet to a remote XBMC client (my apple TV 2). works nice.

thanks HARRY M. !!

I will help and give advice to anyone who wants to get this running. At least while my thoughts are available on what I did.

The user name "Administrator" was the key for me. And of course getting the correct IP address for the local slingbox (in the LAN, and then subsequently getting the routed PORT IP address correct.

Mkae sure you can get this running on a PC XBMC client first, then try it on the Apple TV 2 client.

- ktjensen - 2011-07-12

nokian Wrote:Did anyone manage to get higher resolution with a Slingbox Solo. Mine is 320x240. It's a bit pixelated.

Mine is also pixelated. some channels are better than others.

- deshwasi - 2011-07-12

Harry Muscle Wrote:Currently only the Channel Up/Down and Channel number buttons are supported. If your DVR requires more remote buttons to function, then unfortunately currently it's not possible. It's a XBMC UI limitation more so than the Slingbox code. Maybe once the PVR branch goes live the UI won't be as restrictive.

As for the PRO model, I believe it was tested fine ... but don't blame me if you get one and it ends up not working Smile

Thanks,
Harry

thanks a lot. i will make do with a RF remote until then. if someone comes up with a modified keymap file for ATV2 remote controlling a Dish Network box pls post here.

- phoenix_iii - 2011-07-12

New member here. Just set up xbmc on atv2 successfully. Now I want to get my slingplayer to work.

I installed xbmc from NitoTV, so I believe that's version 10.0.0. Best way to load Slingplayer?

I have OSX and PC available, know how to SSH in and transfer files. Poking through this thread I did not find my answer. Is there a Slingplayer FAQ?

Thank you!

- deshwasi - 2011-07-12

if you have a recent-enough build you should be able to simply add a video source "sling://..." as described in the faq and you should be good to go.

- phoenix_iii - 2011-07-12

I was hoping so and look forward to trying it at home.

Running 10 dharma ... I think 10.0.0.

Thanks for the hopeful reply!

- Harry Muscle - 2011-07-13

phoenix_iii Wrote:I was hoping so and look forward to trying it at home.

Running 10 dharma ... I think 10.0.0.

Thanks for the hopeful redharmaply!

Dharma is too old. You need a build from the last month or so.

Harry

- phoenix_iii - 2011-07-13

Oh man. Nailed it the first time. Sorry Plex, xbmc has you beat on this on AppleTV!

Thanks so much HM and all who contributed it.

I am using a Slingbox AV (old guy, not original though), looks fine, looks like 320x240. No problems though, HDMI audio, etc. Looks like you can pause it (but rewind/ffwd is a little strange). Keep up the great work!!

- ronmcse - 2011-07-14

I have a ATV2 (Jailbroken with XBMC installed) and want to be able to watch my slingbox with it. Is there a simple PDF file or document that explains how to set this up. This Thread is Pages and Pages Long and goes back several years. Thanks for any help! - Ron <><

- ktjensen - 2011-07-14

1) The best way is to make sure you have installed the latest NIGHTLY BUILD which I believe contains the slingbox client software in it, as a typical standard. I use the JULY 4th nightly build. You have to find where these NIGHTLY BUILD files are located (referenced in other forums), and how to install them. This is the first step.

2) make sure that you can watch your slingbox with a) sling web player b) slingplayer software c) JACKSTA trial. This all just checks that you have access to your slingbox remotely. You need to make sure of this every day you test, as the slingbox sometimes needs a reset.

3) Then you add a source in your video files page

sling://administrator:password@IPaddress-of-slingbox:port

use "administrator" as the user. Password is what you set on the slingbox (not the web client!!). IPaddress is the local LAN address behind the router. If you want to go in front of the router, then you need to double check that the port is open. The port number is a standard number, and I forget what it is right now.

Thank you - ronmcse - 2011-07-14

ktjensen Wrote:1) The best way is to make sure you have installed the latest NIGHTLY BUILD which I believe contains the slingbox client software in it, as a typical standard. I use the JULY 4th nightly build. You have to find where these NIGHTLY BUILD files are located (referenced in other forums), and how to install them. This is the first step.

2) make sure that you can watch your slingbox with a) sling web player b) slingplayer software c) JACKSTA trial. This all just checks that you have access to your slingbox remotely. You need to make sure of this every day you test, as the slingbox sometimes needs a reset.

2) Then you add a source in your video files page

slingbox://Administrator:password@IPaddress-of-slingbox:port

use Administrator as the user. Password is what you set on the slingbox (not the web client!!). IPaddress is the local LAN address behind the router. If you want to go in front of the router, then you need to double check that the port is open. The port number is a standard number, and I forget what it is right now.

Thank you, this helps me get started. I'll have to research the nightly builds. As far as watching, My daughter watches it everyday with her Macbook using Safari Browser Plugin at the babysitters house. So I should be good with that, but I will keep that in mind if I run into issues.