Kodi Community Forum
XBMC Slingbox Client - Development Status - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Kodi Application (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=93)
+--- Thread: XBMC Slingbox Client - Development Status (/showthread.php?tid=82597)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28

- skunkm0nkee - 2011-02-18

Excellent, that makes sense now. I'll have a got with the hex codes this weekend and let you know how I get on.

Thanks

- ericrwalker - 2011-02-19

Very interesting thread. I bought the apple TV the day it came out, hoping to use it as a sling catcher, as well as the other features. I was happy to install XBMC on it yesterday. Yet I can't watch my Decrypted DVD ISO files.

I am hoping I can watch sling over the xbmc over apple tv....or a native sling app.

Keep up the good work!!! I am subscribing to this thread.

- phonehead - 2011-02-19

Subscribing as well. To get this to work on an Apple TV 2 would be the ultimate win for anyone that travels as well as expats around the world. Keep up the amazing work (FYI I have a slingbox pro and apple TV 2 if you need any more testing)

- piniata - 2011-02-19

HI, I cant get it to connect to my slingbox. i se it trying but without any succes. i have tested all combinations and nothing happens. please if you could explain more detailed for us newbies that would be helpful.
Thanks and keep up the good work.

- Harry Muscle - 2011-02-20

piniata Wrote:HI, I cant get it to connect to my slingbox. i se it trying but without any succes. i have tested all combinations and nothing happens. please if you could explain more detailed for us newbies that would be helpful.
Thanks and keep up the good work.

Can you post a debug log to pastebin.com and post the link here ... I'll take a look.

Thanks,
Harry

- SofaKng - 2011-02-20

Does anybody know of a way to record/capture Slingbox streams? (espicially Dish Network Sling Adapter/DVR content)

This addon looks extremely useful and maybe I can look at the source and try to figure it out myself but it's probably a bit too complicated for me.

- wturnerharris - 2011-02-21

Harry Muscle Wrote:Can you post the xbmc.log file to pastebin.com and post the link here? I'll try to take a look and see what's going on.

Thanks,
Harry

Boy, am I glad you're back. I've been on vacation, but I'm going to see if your latest changes and the slingbox xml fixes things on linux. I won't be booting into linux for a little bit though. I'll report back soon and have a pastebin link if I run into more errors.

- wturnerharris - 2011-02-22

Harry Muscle Wrote:Can you post a debug log to pastebin.com and post the link here ... I'll take a look.

Thanks,
Harry

Sent you a pm.

- chris0147 - 2011-02-22

Thanks Harry, can I change the channels using with the SlingboxLib??

If so, how??

- wturnerharris - 2011-02-23

For anyone wanting to try this on linux, I've compiled a build with Harry Muscle's sling code. I see video, but it gets garbled and there's no audio. Also don't know how to change channels/guide/buttons.

You need to follow the directions to build dependencies for xbmc on linux. You MUST build-dep FIRST. Then you should be able to install using this deb.

xbmc

- Harry Muscle - 2011-02-23

wturnerharris Wrote:For anyone wanting to try this on linux, I've compiled a build with Harry Muscle's sling code. I see video, but it gets garbled and there's no audio. Also don't know how to change channels/guide/buttons.

You need to follow the directions to build dependencies for xbmc on linux. You MUST build-dep FIRST. Then you should be able to install using this deb.

xbmc

Sounds like your stream is encrypted ... btw, I got your PM, I'll respond with more details when I have a moment. In the mean time, you'll find lots more info in post 86. Post 85 deals exactly with what you are seeing.

Thanks,
Harry

- piniata - 2011-02-23

"slingadress"? what is itHuh because a tried with every frekin`ip adress Ill could find in "slingplayer" but non of them work. haw do i find my "slingadress"?

P.S! Yes I´m A newbie.

- chris0147 - 2011-02-23

Harry, can I change the channels using with slingboxLib??

- crackers8199 - 2011-02-23

hey harry, are you still in need of a slingbox pro-hd to test? i'm very anxiously watching this thread to see if someone can get this working on the apple tv, it would be nice to be able to use that as a true slingcatcher (or at least one of some sort) rather than needing a directv box in every room in the house...

- Harry Muscle - 2011-02-23

chris0147 Wrote:Harry, can I change the channels using with slingboxLib??

Yes you can ... take a look at the source ... it will tell all Smile

Harry