Kodi Community Forum
Night - 1.4.7 -Release/General Discussion - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Night (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=130)
+----- Thread: Night - 1.4.7 -Release/General Discussion (/showthread.php?tid=82628)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45

- mobious - 2010-11-20

KidKiwi Wrote:Hi Guys,

Sorry to be a pain, but somehow, the Night skin on my system updated itself without me doing anything and now some things have changed - namely the media flags.

While the new flags are awesome, they are too busy for me and I'd like to know if someone could point me to where to download the older ones (they were the ones that were black squares with a white?? border around them - for eg audio was "5.1" using just text). Or, could someone that has them upload them somewhere so I could get them) Thx. (I could find them Eek)

Also, how do you get the flags to display the correct aspect ratio. If I put the correct AR in the nfo file, they are right on reload, but then xbmc overwrites them when it plays the file.

for eg - I'd like 2.35 but what I get is 16:9? Thx

Aw man...since nobody answered my question I assumed that the old flags were still an option. I really don't like the new flags.
Edit: never mind, a misunderstanding on my end, you want the ones in the release trailer correct?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qP7oQova9cA

- azido - 2010-11-20

zwat Wrote:hi azido, long time no see. do git and u have the full control. Big Grin

Hey Zwat Wink nice to see you're still around, too Tongue

Oh, really - github hosts the full uncompressed data? that'll be nice :p

- azido - 2010-11-20

mcborzu Wrote:You could try this mod...It has a nice white-ish glow around the posters.

All skins in the Repo will be in .xbt, to get folder structure use git/SVN of a skin...

Ah, saving space on the repo i assume. Great, so i'll git and do my own modifications Wink

- chapusongs - 2010-11-20

mcborzu Wrote:After:

How can I make the TV show image to look like that? Even if I use an image like that it gets Poster size. (and if I use "use banners" instead of "use posters" in the skin settings then this view doesn't even appear as an option in TV Series).

And one more thing. If you use the "Poster half" view using banners then the "Next Episode" information appears over the Genre information:

- KidKiwi - 2010-11-21

mobious Wrote:Aw man...since nobody answered my question I assumed that the old flags were still an option. I really don't like the new flags.
Edit: never mind, a misunderstanding on my end, you want the ones in the release trailer correct?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qP7oQova9cA

No - they were later than those ones. Actually, if I were to guess, I would say they were the ones prior to the latest ones being used.

- mcborzu - 2010-11-21

KidKiwi Wrote:No - they were later than those ones. Actually, if I were to guess, I would say they were the ones prior to the latest ones being used.

Still havent decided on the flags, I not much of a flag guy so it gets pushed down my todo list. Like to finalize those sometime this week though...

- hikaricore - 2010-11-21

chapusongs Wrote:And one more thing. If you use the "Poster half" view using banners then the "Next Episode" information appears over the Genre information

If I had to take a guess based on your first screenshot which is 1280x800, the text is in the wrong place and overlapping things because you're not using a proper 16:9 resolution as the skin was intended for.

- User 55003 - 2010-11-21

Flomaster Wrote:im running on xbmcFreak beta4 I have no right clicking to be had only command line.

ok there must be a way to revert changes in linux using git now I need to find out how to do it.

-=Jason=-

Its a command line short cut in windows, so you should be able to type "git gui" from the git bash command prompt.

- mobious - 2010-11-21

KidKiwi Wrote:No - they were later than those ones. Actually, if I were to guess, I would say they were the ones prior to the latest ones being used.

Ah so the ones I like did get replaced. Well I have a suggestion but I am not entirely sure how it can be done or even if it is possible. Mcborzu gave us the ability to choose between normal and monochrome flags in the skin settings menu, is it at all possible to do the same with the new and old flags instead? Like keep the new ones on by default but give us users who are fond of the old ones the option to turn em on in the skin settings menu? I am sure kidKiwi and I aren't the only ones who prefer the olds flags over the new ones.

- KidKiwi - 2010-11-21

mcborzu Wrote:Still havent decided on the flags, I not much of a flag guy so it gets pushed down my todo list. Like to finalize those sometime this week though...

Me either.

For me the focus has to be the media (the covers). When I loaded the skin with the new flags, I was shocked at how much they distracted from the covers.

While they are great looking flags, I find them too busy and apart from the text - say 5.1, I can't read them from 2.7M away on a 42" TV.

That's what I liked about the old black flags. They were less obtrusive and blended nicely with the black background - almost to the point of being invisible until you want to utilise them. Again...media needs to be the focus IMHO - not flags - even if they are spunky.

Perhaps like mobious said - you could offer a choice, although that makes for more effort to keep everything up to date.

- mcborzu - 2010-11-21

KidKiwi Wrote:Me either.

For me the focus has to be the media (the covers). When I loaded the skin with the new flags, I was shocked at how much they distracted from the covers.

While they are great looking flags, I find them too busy and apart from the text - say 5.1, I can't read them from 2.7M away on a 42" TV.

That's what I liked about the old black flags. They were less obtrusive and blended nicely with the black background - almost to the point of being invisible until you want to utilise them. Again...media needs to be the focus IMHO - not flags - even if they are spunky.

Perhaps like mobious said - you could offer a choice, although that makes for more effort to keep everything up to date.

Are you guys talking about the Conluence flags Night first had or the new colored/monochrome ones, not the ones I have in at the moment?

- mobious - 2010-11-21

Well I am talking about the colored ones that had the option to switch to monochrome, he says its the ones you used after the ones in the YouTube video you had showcasing night so I assume were talking about the same flags. Basically there the ones in the pictures at the first page of this thread.

- fonzie - 2010-11-21

I agree with the above. The colored flags currently in the first post are the nicest we have had. Even though the newer ones are done beautifully, I too believe that they stand out too much and do detract from everything else.

It would be nice if you could leave both of them, but that would probably be too many options 4 (two for each, colored and monochrome) and we all know how you like to keep the options to a minimum.

- krypt2nite - 2010-11-21

I have to agree. I appreciate all the work that's gone in to them but I dislike the flags. I still use the original version of the new ones. I even like the opacity. I can make them out no problem from any distance and they are subtle enough to not distract someone. 7

- PatOso - 2010-11-21

the best: The original color flags Nod
mcborzu have not put the curtain in a solid color background?
a dark solid color?

Another thing the main menu is not as fluid as in other skin. Maybe it's my PC

Greetings