Kodi Community Forum
Night - 1.4.7 -Release/General Discussion - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Night (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=130)
+----- Thread: Night - 1.4.7 -Release/General Discussion (/showthread.php?tid=82628)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45

- mcborzu - 2010-11-21

chapusongs Wrote:How can I make the TV show image to look like that? Even if I use an image like that it gets Poster size. (and if I use "use banners" instead of "use posters" in the skin settings then this view doesn't even appear as an option in TV Series).

Only way to get that look is to either use 'Landscape' thumbs as your main or downloading them and saving them in the root of the TV folder named 'landscape.jpg' and check the setting to use them in Skin settings

- mobious - 2010-11-21

So no decision on the flags yet Mcborzu? As you can see many people still prefer the old flags over the new ones.

- azido - 2010-11-21

mobious Wrote:So no decision on the flags yet Mcborzu? As you can see many people still prefer the old flags over the new ones.

Should be easy to replace them by hand.

- mobious - 2010-11-21

azido Wrote:Should be easy to replace them by hand.

I know that, but having them as the official flags again would be better for the skin itself, its feels more like they were made for Night while the new flags feel like they were put on there just for the heck of it.

- KidKiwi - 2010-11-21

mobious Wrote:...so I assume were talking about the same flags. Basically there the ones in the pictures at the first page of this thread.

Yeah...I think you're right. I don't remember them in their coloured versions - only remember the monochrome ones. They look like the ones I meant. Gee...amazing how fickle the memory is sometimes.

Are these ones available somewhere for download?

- mobious - 2010-11-21

KidKiwi Wrote:Yeah...I think you're right. I don't remember them in their coloured versions - only remember the monochrome ones. They look like the ones I meant. Gee...amazing how fickle the memory is sometimes.

Are these ones available somewhere for download?

http://community.mediabrowser.tv/permalinks/2958/coloured-mediainfo-logos

There ya go, the audio channel ones are not included in those sets.

After looking into the new media icons more, I realize that the aspect ratios that usually just show either 2.35 or 16:9 are more varied now, in other words I am seeing some I have never seen before 1.78 is obviously 16:9 but but then I see things like 1.85 and 1.66. Is it because of the lack of icons with the old icon set or has the detection method changed?

- azido - 2010-11-21

Hey mcborzu,

currently i'm doing my very own modifications of your great skin - mainly to improve readability when lying in bed watching xbmc from some distance, also some "cosmetics" i find they're need to be done to suit my taste.

I'm not really new in modding skins, but - atm i'm confused: where the heck is the color definition of the label displaying the active track (see marker on screenshot)?

i thought i'll find it in viewtype_songs.xml, but it seems not to be there.. No

- azido - 2010-11-21

..and i think i found a bug:

If you play music, and you are at the last track, the label for announcing the next track goes under (or over?) the current title:

- KidKiwi - 2010-11-22

mobious Wrote:There ya go, the audio channel ones are not included in those sets.

After looking into the new media icons more, I realize that the aspect ratios that usually just show either 2.35 or 16:9 are more varied now, in other words I am seeing some I have never seen before 1.78 is obviously 16:9 but but then I see things like 1.85 and 1.66. Is it because of the lack of icons with the old icon set or has the detection method changed?

Pity the Audio ones are missing.

Aspect ratio is a tough one. If you have the correct aspect ratio in your nfo file. it loads correctly, but as soon as you play the media file, xbmc overwrites it with what it thinks it is. I've looked at the db and I only get 1.777778 as the aspect ratio for widescreen (Even if it's 2.35:1) and 1.2 - 1.3 for 4:3 once xbmc has looked at the file. Seems to defeat the purpose of having nfo files??Oo

Anyone know if you can turn OFF the thing in xbmc that senses the media? Couldn't find anything in the wiki.

I might just accept 16:9 for every W/S aspect, although I'd like to be able to see 2.35:1 - which is my favourite.

- Oddsodz - 2010-11-22

azido Wrote:..and i think i found a bug:

If you play music, and you are at the last track, the label for announcing the next track goes under (or over?) the current title:

I Get this also.

- mcborzu - 2010-11-22

Alrighty I switched back to old flags, still want to touch those up a little more though...

- hikaricore - 2010-11-22

Are the new flags still optional or were they removed?
I'm a fan of them tbh but it seems I'm in the minority.

- zwat - 2010-11-22

i vote for mcborzu to decide what he likes the most and those who want other flags make their own or get other media flags packages. maybe would be better to not have a option for color or monochrome in skin. don't think ppl are gonna switch between em.

i made a sharing tread on mediaflags here

- mobious - 2010-11-22

mcborzu Wrote:Alrighty I switched back to old flags, still want to touch those up a little more though...

Thank you. I hope I didn't force you to do something you didn't really want to do as that was the last thing that I wanted to happen, it is your skin, you are the artist :p it's always your decision in the end.

- User 55003 - 2010-11-22

Just do what you think is best.. it's your skin Wink