Kodi Community Forum
Night - 1.4.7 -Release/General Discussion - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Night (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=130)
+----- Thread: Night - 1.4.7 -Release/General Discussion (/showthread.php?tid=82628)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45

- UserInterface - 2010-12-10

I have created a logo for one of my tv shows and didn't like it so made a new one. But night seems to hold the incorect one still.
I tried to remove show from my liberary and rescrape but it still shows the old one.

Any one got any ideas?

- zwat - 2010-12-10

locate and delete textrues.db. should say where to find in in FAQ thread

- KiSUAN - 2010-12-10

@ mcborzu

Alaska has the flags (they are literaly flags) but dosent have the code.

@ logictester

Don't know about Transparency!, will take a look, the info is read from the video file it self or the nfo and stored in the library info and then read from there to display the flags, srt recognition is possible, its all in the links I supplied, or that's what I understanded.

@ zwat

I know that.

Are you kidding me? Lets make some math, lets say the pack of flags have 100 files (maybe more), so I have to make lets say 1000 files to have 10 colour options. In top redo again all the code for Views and Includes. In top redo the code for some views, checking views, sorting what flags to show or not, testing all that. Having to deal with people that want X flag here or there. On top making them into xbt.

As know, if I'm a user I only have to change 6 numbers in a xml file and click on an option inside xbmc and I have 16777216 colour options, and that's not accounting for background or frame as variables. I don't see how narrowing that option to 10, renaming and searching flags is an improvement.

So in conclusion it isn't simpler or practical or even better, so no chance that's going to happen, but if you want to do it, you have all what is needed to do this, the flat or vanilla sets and the xmls. There are simpler ways of doing this by code alone anyway, but I want to make a “visual interfase” or view lets say, and not just an on/off option, at least that's a plan for thee future.

- zwat - 2010-12-10

don't u have to make 1000 files for 10 color options today? to redo code for views and include is not such a big job. a simple replace would do. sorting flags to show is being done now also isn't it or are all views showing same flags? (i'm only using poster for movies and landscape for tv so not sure what other views display.) not sure how and what xbt is\does so that was just a thought to make flag color switch easier for users not advanced enough to use the git.

i thought flag colors was set in the flag image files and not by color tag in skin. instead of having flagging\video\vanilla, flagging\video\monochrome etc. u just have flagging\video and for example if the vanilla flag was default with the skin u could just replace that folder with the monochrome flags. in the version i have of ur purity mod there is 6 options on flags. and to me it doesn't look easy to see what flag u gonna get when playing lotto on the toggle selection.

i saw a screenshot of a preview of flags and if that is what u are talking about it would be a great feature. however i think the packet would be unnecessary huge if u include 3-5 different flag options in the release. i would rather have those flag in individual packages that ppl can dl for the style they like to replace the default ones.

i absolutely luv ur flags, but feel the code and setup is for complex for users to swap between em on a easy matter (unless changed since my last git pull). anyway mcborzu is the boss so i go for what he decide. and as long as i have the skills to redo stuff to my likings i will do that

- KiSUAN - 2010-12-10

The only thing that I have to do today is have a flag set in white, currently there are two (Flat and Vanilla), the other thing is apply colordiffuse to the texture. The colordiffuse is what you later change in the default.xml. So you are limited only by the number of combinations in hex, ergo you can have flags in 16777216 colors, thats not counting that you can set back to a different color and frame also. The combination for that would be in the billions, so theres no limit to the color of the flags the user want to have. Have you tried what I'm telling you? Change the color... just open the default.xml, have you tried selecting the other sets? or read my FAQ at my MOD thread.

About the coding, no, it isn't that simple, i would have to apply a condition visibility to the flags I don't want to show in certain views, I would have to modify the group lists of every view, maybe limit the amount of flags not showing certain type of flag at all, create the includes, make the codecflagging for the new flags (paths, name or visibility condition), one for every new flag, the same over and over for each set of flags. Of course yo have replace and other tools, but they wont make things from nothing.

Xbt is the only thing that would allow you to have themes, is the compressed file that uses XBMC for all the content in the media folder. Users don't need to have any degree of knowledge beside the ability to read to change the color of the flags, I explained how in my MOD post. My Mod is available through compressed file downloaded also, directly from the GiT, it just downloaded from there through DD, it doesn't get more easy than that, you hit the link, window pop up, download, decompress, copy to User XBMC Addons, presto.

Do you have the last version of Purity? Theres preview now, same as Night. I will add a SS to the first post of my thread. I make updates every 2 days at least for now. Now you can change the bottom bar and customize same as flags.

All the flags, the 4 sets are 5Mb, thats not huge at all, for back or frame I only need one image. The same is for the GiT version of Night.

I'm not questioning if you like or not the flags, I'm just explaining, i thought you know most of things that i explained, thats why i said "are you kidding me?". I appreciate any idea and thank you for it.

I'm not an advance user, I'm not a programmer, I'm not a hacker, I'm a freaking frustrated architect, 2 moths ago my knowledge in XBMC was pretty much the existence of the program. All you need to understand and learn is will.

- zwat - 2010-12-10

k. my version had 4 flagsets; custom, flat, original and vanilla. how do u do the matroska flag with two different colors on one flag with color diffuse? or have u skipped the multicolors sets. i have dharma on my work pc so i only update and play with xbmc at weekends.

u don't have to do a visibility conditions on views with my idea. u need a include every flagcatagory u want to display for each view.

- KiSUAN - 2010-12-10

Multicolor sets have no color change, to properly change the color the image must be pure white, maybe have a little shade of grey. So the color options are only for the Flat and Vanilla sets, also the MPAAs when any of this flags are on.

- mcborzu - 2010-12-12

Update 12/11

TVtunes label overlap fix
Home theater support - Enable via Settings->Skin->General

- PatOso - 2010-12-12

mcborzu where I can get the script home theater?
Greetings

- mcborzu - 2010-12-12

PatOso Wrote:mcborzu where I can get the script home theater?
Greetings

HERE

- PatOso - 2010-12-12

works great. Nod

thank you very much,
Greetings.

- PatOso - 2010-12-12

any way to use HT in kiosk mode? Huh

Greetings

- KiSUAN - 2010-12-12

Yes i already reported on it with fix:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?p=663109#post663109

- soundbyte - 2010-12-13

I just downloaded this skin and the Cinema Experience script, and I don't see any option to enable it in the Skin Settings. Is it possible the repo doesn't have the newest version of the skin?

Even the link to download on the first page, their change log only shows updates to 12/6.

EDIT: Downloaded the newest version from Passion and the option is there.

Is there anyway to have the Cinema Experience Script run everytime I watch a movie, without having to manual select the "Theatre" option from the dialog box?

- PatOso - 2010-12-13

Quote:Is there anyway to have the Cinema Experience Script run everytime I watch a movie, without having to manual select the "Theatre" option from the dialog box?

I like to have that option.