Kodi Community Forum
Night - 1.4.7 -Release/General Discussion - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Night (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=130)
+----- Thread: Night - 1.4.7 -Release/General Discussion (/showthread.php?tid=82628)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45

- mcborzu - 2010-12-21

msderganc Wrote:I'm not sure if this is a bug or on purpose, but the home screen art is very slow - 5-15s - for those menu items that are referencing a folder. The single file items are normal speed.

Essentially, going from Music -> Movies -> TV Shows, sometimes the art never changes, or takes a long time to catch up. I've noticed that Music is by far the fastest of the three (<5s), but single image backgrounds on my custom menu items are instant switches.

This is Win7 64bit + XBMC 10.0 Release.

It happens with both Night and Night.Purity, but not with Confluence.

About the whole transition discussion I have a pretty low powered PC which actually helps me develop and makes sure things are snappy. Heck I run 'Night' on my XBOX...

Has to more going on? As even with Recently added turned on the fanart switches instantly, mostly 720p only a few 1080p pics. If you run a bunch of the optional stuff - extrafanart, logos, landscape.jpg, pan/zoom effects, etc - will obviously use more resources. But short story I will always try to skin with the low power ION type HTPC's in mind...

- mcborzu - 2010-12-21

12/20/2010
-16x9 flags global clock fix
-"Cinema Button" no longer overides 'Play' now own button called "Cinema"
-Next Aired added to 16x9 and Landscape Fanart views
-Updated flags, now has Unrated flag
-Removed "Recently Added" on TV level option
-Skin now defaults on Posters for TV, Landscape now has a setting to check
-Changed the order of settings in Movie/TV options of skin settings
-Poster views hidden on TV level with 'Banner' option selected

- isamu.dragon - 2010-12-21

Could you make it where on the season level you can have the landscape view?

Edit: My preferred layout is this
TV Show Level: Posters; Dark View
Season Level: Landscape View, with Posters
Episode Level: Episode View

- Rygrath - 2010-12-21

New one for you. This is in regards to BannerPanel.
When browsing through the shows, the upper left corner is used for fanart which works fine. However when you're playing a video and decide to browse the shows, this happens

Corner is just blank. It looks like it's intended to be a Now Playing window since it's no longer showing fanart.

And while on the subject of the BannerPanel, think it'd be possible to toss in Next Aired information somewhere? I thought somewhere next to the current time/date would be a nice spot without being obtrusive. Made a screenshot to give you an idea about what I mean.

Just a thought, I'm no designer by any means. Smile

- logictester - 2010-12-21

mcborzu Wrote:12/20/2010
-16x9 flags global clock fix
-"Cinema Button" no longer overides 'Play' now own button called "Cinema"
-Next Aired added to 16x9 and Landscape Fanart views
-Removed "Recently Added" on TV level option
-Skin now defaults on Posters for TV, Landscape now has a setting to check
-Changed the order of settings in Movie/TV options of skin settings
-Poster views hidden on TV level with 'Banner' option selected

thanks for the next aired in fanart view - much better location for the info than my suggestion - looks great!

- SALAMINOMACHOS - 2010-12-21

Why i can not see any cinema button either in Night or in Night SVN ?
There is not any update for this.
Thanks

- Rygrath - 2010-12-21

Sorry to add another thing to the list. The LandPanel view for TV Shows doesn't appear to be using the landscape.jpg. Right now I get squashed posters in the view (Settings are set to use Landscape.jpg). I went and changed some of the code in Viewtype_PanelLandscape.xml to use it and it now looks like it's (I assume) it's supposed to.

Line 34:
Code:
$INFO[Container(57).listitem.icon]</texture>
to
Code:
$INFO[Container(57).listitem.path,,landscape.jpg]</texture>

Line 74:
Code:
$INFO[ListItem.Icon]
to
Code:
$INFO[ListItem.Path,,landscape.jpg]

Line 153:
Code:
$INFO[ListItem.Icon]
to
Code:
$INFO[ListItem.Path,,landscape.jpg]

I've noticed it for a good long while now and just thought that's how it was supposed to look. It just dawned on me it was called "LandPanel" which probably meant landscape panel Rolleyes. After making those changes I see the landscape images fit perfectly and now makes more sense. It looks much nicer now Smile

Also this LandPanel view shares the same Now Playing window problem that I reported with the Banner Panel view (it's missing). Panel view under Movies does have the Now Playing window in the corner however.

Thanks again mcborzu

- Maxoo - 2010-12-21

I miss your last avatar McBrozu Big Grin

Anyway, thanks for the updates !

- mcborzu - 2010-12-22

12/21/2010
-Fixed Landscape w/Posters not showing in Season level
-Fixed landscape.jpg not used in "LandPanel"
-Now Playing window wouldn't show on some views
-Also time overlapped Now Playing on some views

- Maxoo - 2010-12-22

Is there any way you could go from three boolean option (landscape 1/0, banner 1/0, and poster 1/0) to only one option with three choices ?
Like "Image in Library : Poster/Banner/Landscape" ?

I think it would be a lot less confusing.

- KiSUAN - 2010-12-22

isamu.dragon Wrote:Could you make it where on the season level you can have the landscape view?

Edit: My preferred layout is this
TV Show Level: Posters; Dark View
Season Level: Landscape View, with Posters
Episode Level: Episode View

Just change in Viewtype_Landscape.xml this line

Code:
<visible>!Skin.HasSetting(no_Landscape) + [[Skin.HasSetting(landscape_jpg) + Container.Content(tvshows)] | [Skin.HasSetting(landscape_thumbs) + [Container.Content(tvshows) | Container.Content(seasons)]]] | Container.Content(episodes)</visible>

to

Code:
<visible>!Skin.HasSetting(no_Landscape) + [[Skin.HasSetting(landscape_jpg) + Container.Content(tvshows)] | [!Skin.HasSetting(TVBanners) + [Container.Content(tvshows) | Container.Content(seasons)]]] | Container.Content(episodes)</visible>

- KiSUAN - 2010-12-22

mcborzu Wrote:12/20/2010

Need to update the codecflagging xml also

- mcborzu - 2010-12-22

KiSUAN Wrote:Need to update the codecflagging xml also

done, thx...

- htpc guy - 2010-12-22

Thanks for updating Night to support the Advanced Launcher. I only have one more suggestion, which I hope is easy to implement.

Currently it only supports the landscape view. The poster view and square views do not display the game plot. The landscape is great for SNES roms but the Poster view would be ideal for NES and Genisis and the square would be needed for PS1.

- mcborzu - 2010-12-22

htpc guy Wrote:Thanks for updating Night to support the Advanced Launcher. I only have one more suggestion, which I hope is easy to implement.

Currently it only supports the landscape view. The poster view and square views do not display the game plot. The landscape is great for SNES roms but the Poster view would be ideal for NES and Genisis and the square would be needed for PS1.

Everything seems fine on my end - Files/Poster/Square/Landscape - all available. And plot is now an option to check, view options- press opposite way of navigating, I think it defaults to off...