Kodi Community Forum
Night - 1.4.7 -Release/General Discussion - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Night (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=130)
+----- Thread: Night - 1.4.7 -Release/General Discussion (/showthread.php?tid=82628)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45

- mcborzu - 2011-01-24

TheHazel3yes Wrote:Again: Thank you so much! Wink It's really great work you're doing here!

If I may add another tiny little thing: When opening submenus you can close them again with either up or down key presses (or the same thing on the remote). Only in TV Shows and Movies you have to press up, down won't work here. I know, this is really no problem, but if it isn't much work it would be another step to perfection. Wink
Oh, yes, and CPU Usage (in System Info summary screen) still gets cut, so I see:
Code:
CPU Usage: CPU0: 5.0% CPU1:...

Alright I believe I got it now, wonder if something changed in XBMC as what I had before worked - *I thoght*

Now, take horizontal Home(bottom) for example. Down goes back to Home, up goes to Recently added. Before down did nothing...

And system info looks like I don't have dual core on my coding computer so never noticed, fixed now...

- mcborzu - 2011-01-25

1/24/2011
-Artist label now on "Shelf" view
-Up/down navigation fix to Horizontal home
-Poster Frame still showed in "Info" screen when disabled - Fixed
-'Next' still showed when nothing next on Global now playin

- Danielocean - 2011-01-25

mcborzu Wrote:1/24/2011
-Artist label now on "Shelf" view
-Up/down navigation fix to Horizontal home
-Poster Frame still showed in "Info" screen when disabled - Fixed
-'Next' still showed when nothing next on Global now playin

Thank you very much for this small but GREAT update!!!

The Artist label for "Shelf" is great! and the fixes work perfectly!

Is it true that you stretch time for the "now playing"?! it looks loke the "Next playing" is shorter (same time till before) so the screen is much quieter!!! Thanx for that!

- supertom44 - 2011-01-28

Have you considered enabling the user to remove items from the home sub menus. For example I never use director or actor or studio or hell most of the submenus on the movies or tvs, I'd prefer to just have the ones I added like my custom playlists and favourites.

- mcborzu - 2011-01-28

supertom44 Wrote:Have you considered enabling the user to remove items from the home sub menus. For example I never use director or actor or studio or hell most of the submenus on the movies or tvs, I'd prefer to just have the ones I added like my custom playlists and favourites.

Don't see it in the foreseeable future but one thing I try and stay away from is having tons and tons of settings. Like some skins all I want to do is check on/off a couple things and I hate having to navigating through tons of settings...

- TheHazel3yes - 2011-01-28

mcborzu Wrote:Like some skins all I want to do is check on/off a couple things and I hate having to navigating through tons of settings...

+1!
Without bashing great Aeon, but it's a real pain to go through all the settings, so I totally agree with you. Nod

- supertom44 - 2011-01-28

I see where your coming from only reason I asked is i dont like having to scroll through all the default sub menus I dont use to get to the one I want.

It wasn't anything major just a personal preference really.

Cheers.

- stoli - 2011-01-28

supertom44 Wrote:I see where your coming from only reason I asked is i dont like having to scroll through all the default sub menus I dont use to get to the one I want.

Cheers.

With a little xml editing you could change the order of them (or remove what you don't want)

- mcborzu - 2011-01-28

supertom44 Wrote:I see where your coming from only reason I asked is i dont like having to scroll through all the default sub menus I dont use to get to the one I want.

Cheers.

i thought I had it coded so custom subs are first in the list so users get to them quicker than having them at the bottom...

- TheHazel3yes - 2011-01-28

At least for my Apple Movie Trailers script that is true, so you got your job done. Wink

- supertom44 - 2011-01-29

Oh yeh they do appear first lol.

I'll have a look see through the xmls when I get chance.

More movies in Newest Sub Category? - hitman47 - 2011-01-30

Just want to say thanks Mcborzu. This is the best skin I have used so far. I changed to Night a few months ago and never looked back. I appreciate all the hard work that went into it. Cheers!!

Now I was wondering can anyone tell me how to change the number of movies in the Newest sub category for movies. Currently there are 25 movies in there and I was looking to change it to maybe 45. I add a lot of new movies you see and would like it if they stayed in Newest for a bit longer. That way I don't have to go and track them down in the regular Movies folder so often.

Thanks people.

- User 55003 - 2011-01-30

That would be in the advancedsettings.xml..

Code:
<videolibrary>

<recentlyaddeditems>45</recentlyaddeditems> <!-- number of recently added items. Defaults to 25 -->
  </videolibrary>

- hitman47 - 2011-01-30

Steveb Wrote:That would be in the advancedsettings.xml..

Code:
<videolibrary>

<recentlyaddeditems>45</recentlyaddeditems> <!-- number of recently added items. Defaults to 25 -->
  </videolibrary>

Thanks for the help. Buy I cant seem to find advancedsettings.xml anywhere. Is it in the skin folder(skin.night)? Cheers

- KiSUAN - 2011-01-30

hitman47 Wrote:Thanks for the help. Buy I cant seem to find advancedsettings.xml anywhere. Is it in the skin folder(skin.night)? Cheers

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Advancedsettings.xml