Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Aeon Showmix 2.5 Dharma - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Aeon Showmix 2.5 Dharma (/showthread.php?tid=82899)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

- lazyman - 2010-10-11

ZombieRobot Wrote:Are you using the new build on this thread because i have added addons to the home page also in settings and the font align problem was rectified in the latest release what platform are you running it on?

Yes, I fetched the .rar from this thread.

Platform is dharma beta 1, ubuntu 9.10 minimal on asrock ion330. But this font and addon thing might be a problem on my side (see other thread - my installation/setting did reflect some heavy getting-used-to/patching/install und uninstall). Thx for clarifying. I'll check with a clean xbmc-settings-file soon and a complete ubuntu 10.04 reinstall when 10.00 release is available.

ZombieRobot Wrote:there is going to be quite s few bugs with this that i will look into

To do list that i am working on are:

Mummy!

- ZombieRobot - 2010-10-12

lazyman Wrote:Yes, I fetched the .rar from this thread.

Platform is dharma beta 1, ubuntu 9.10 minimal on asrock ion330. But this font and addon thing might be a problem on my side (see other thread - my installation/setting did reflect some heavy getting-used-to/patching/install und uninstall). Thx for clarifying. I'll check with a clean xbmc-settings-file soon and a complete ubuntu 10.04 reinstall when 10.00 release is available.

Mummy!

Let me know how you get on if it keeps up i will have to partition my drive and install ubuntu to see whats going on

- butchabay - 2010-10-12

Quote:Also i will be getting a tv card very soon so i will be adding a watch tv option to the home menu although dvr function will be added to XBMC build EDEN i will have it set up with some way not decided yet but there you will be able to activate this for home menu in settings this will take some time because 1 i dont have tuner yet and 2 i will need to get it setup first.

I am using a TV DVB-C Card and i'm starting DVB Viewer via Launcher, also put a Watch TV on Home. If all this will be integrated in the next XBMC Build ... wow !!!

- SilverJS - 2010-10-14

Hey there,

Loving this mod, but have one slight problem : When I tried to set up backdrops for the main menu, they all worked except for Weather. Actually, the image pops up, but now, instead of having the text "Weather" in the main menu, I get the path to the file! (i.e. "C:/User/blahblahblah") I tried deleting the skin directory and re-downloading, to no avail.

I suppose there's some kind of a preferences file I could simply delete and start over again? This is the only Aeon mod this happens on, and I used the same picture for all of them.

Thanks!

- ZombieRobot - 2010-10-14

SilverJS Wrote:Hey there,

Loving this mod, but have one slight problem : When I tried to set up backdrops for the main menu, they all worked except for Weather. Actually, the image pops up, but now, instead of having the text "Weather" in the main menu, I get the path to the file! (i.e. "C:/User/blahblahblah") I tried deleting the skin directory and re-downloading, to no avail.

I suppose there's some kind of a preferences file I could simply delete and start over again? This is the only Aeon mod this happens on, and I used the same picture for all of them.

Thanks!

Yeah thanks for pointing it out i 'm getting the same thing will look into it and try to have it fixed for my next release. will add it to the bugs list

- Linus82 - 2010-10-14

Switch between old and new fonts for home menu?

Big Grin finally

Aeon Showmix Evolution Release - ZombieRobot - 2010-10-16

I will upload to butchabay so he can test drive first this will be a full skin download because some media has changed but i will upload updated xml folders so people wont have to download full skin when possible. remember that this next release is a pre release of Evolution it is showmix with some bug fixes and some new features (Swappable home menu fonts) just to hold people over for a while the full release will be released in 23 days

Showmix Evolution Release Today - ZombieRobot - 2010-10-17

just found this bug i thought i rectified this its done while playing a recently added song and waiting for a bit then press left will fix this up for Evolution release it shouldn't cause too much problems.

Showmix Evolution beta will be released today butchabay will upload it soon you may notice some noticeable bugs most of the obvious ones are new options that i am working on and forgot to disable (two in particular) but if you find any please post them here the bugs/new features list can be found on page 2 of this thread and it is updated frequently so you can see how your bug is going.

Its not all buggy there is a lot of bug fixes over the last release of showmix in this build and some new features.

also the weather backdrop thing i will work on today after work so will see what i can do.

special thanks to Butchabay

Enjoy

- prae5 - 2010-10-18

ANy plans to add this to the official repo?

- ZombieRobot - 2010-10-18

prae5 Wrote:ANy plans to add this to the official repo?

Yeah i guess i will start working on that very soon just got some more bug fixes to do I'm not happy with it yet problem is trying to find the time atm not a lot of it to spare but it will get done.

- phil65 - 2010-10-18

be careful with the fonts. you´re using big_noodle_titling for example, it´s illegal to distribute that font. (i asked the author because I liked it, too but he said that he doesn´t want that font included in a skin). all other aeon fonts are also not properly licensed. you´d have to change that first.

- ZombieRobot - 2010-10-18

phil65 Wrote:be careful with the fonts. you´re using big_noodle_titling for example, it´s illegal to distribute that font. (i asked the author because I liked it, too but he said that he doesn´t want that font included in a skin). all other aeon fonts are also not properly licensed. you´d have to change that first.

yeah thanks phil thats why i haven't started working on it i don't even want to think of having to choose all new fonts that sounds like such a chore to me then having to resize all the font to fit in nicely Confused guess i will look into it in a week or so.

My main problem is these dam textures being locked

- phil65 - 2010-10-18

ZombieRobot Wrote:yeah thanks phil thats why i haven't started working on it i don't even want to think of having to choose all new fonts that sounds like such a chore to me then having to resize all the font to fit in nicely Confused guess i will look into it in a week or so.

My main problem is these dam textures being locked

yeah fonts are really an annoying part of skinning...
concerning textures: tried to contact andyblac?

- butchabay - 2010-10-18

Aeon Showmix Evolution BETA uploaded! See first post: here

- ZombieRobot - 2010-10-19

phil65 Wrote:yeah fonts are really an annoying part of skinning...
concerning textures: tried to contact andyblac?

yeah i sent him a PM but haven't herd anything.

i really want to try shrink this skins file size where i can and try to get rid of any unused textures (sounds as much fun as replacing the fonts) the green.xpr and grey.xpr i don't think i need i removed them and haven't seen any changes to the skin.
Also tried theme color just stays the same so i'm sure i can get rid of them to start with and knock off 60mb of textures just there
(Correct me if i should keep these textures)

Anyone know if the sounds for aeon are open source i'm guessing they have to be also?