Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Aeon Showmix 2.5 Dharma - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Aeon Showmix 2.5 Dharma (/showthread.php?tid=82899)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

- FLuX0r - 2010-10-29

ZombieRobot Wrote:Work has begun on the fully customizable settings interface this is a $h!t load of coding for little gain but i feel that it will make things way easier for the XBMC noobs out there wanting to setup there skin but not knowing what each option really does.
Absolutely all skin settings options will be able to be toggled visually no text thats the goal so that the user can see every single tweak visually.
You are absolutely right, there is no better concept out there. Cool

ZombieRobot Wrote:I begun work on the custom osd menu today adding switchable backdrops, spinning cdart in info screen animated slideshow, toggling on and off a ton of text/progress bar you will literally be able to turn on and off every single thing in osd to create a fully customizable view.
this will happen throughout the full interface of showmix evolution you will be able to add and move things around the home screen as you please add or remove recently added switch between different recently added options and positions add analog clock and move it around.
Great news!
To move things around is not so important for me in personal, but to have an option to turn thinks on and off or change their appearance is really important.

OK, back to business. Nerd

System:
- Windows 7 - 64bit
- XBMX Dharma Beta 3
- Aeon Showmix Evolution Beta : 18.10.2010

Bug Report:
1. "music/video options" in advanced settings is missing options
When you go to the AEON advanced settings dialog > "music/video options", there are no options to choose from, the settings-window on the right is blank.

FLuX0r Wrote:2. Jumping back in the homescreen changes the previous selected category
When in homescreen and you choose and enter the "movies"-section for example and the get back to the homescreen, the chosen (highlighted) category has changed. So now there is "settings" highlighted for example and not "movies" as previously chosen.
This happens for other categories like musik as well.
Oh man, this is a really anoying bug !
Would it be possible to fix this with a small update? Please. Huh

Feature Request:
1. Option for NOT dimming the background in music vizalisation screen
When in the music vizalisation screen, the background is allways dimmed.
I don't see any reason for that and it doesn't look good in my opinion.
It would be nice, to have an option to turn the dimming of, so we can see our fanart/backdrop in full gloss shine.

2. Smaller lower bar in the music vizualisation screen
When in the music vizalisation screen, the lower bar (with progress, artist, album and title) is really big/bulky.
An option for a narrower or fully transparent bar (meaning the background, not the letters, progression) would be nice.

ZombieRobot Wrote:Simple slideshow music osd

Looks really nice and clean. Nod
To meet everyones needs, you may want to add a compromise between the big/bulky player-view today and this clean one. what i mean is this slim concept with a small progression bar and a small album cover incl. artist/album-name. like in the home-screen for example.

Last but no least:
I figured out yesterday, that there is an option to choose, whether the bottom-line and/or the information-window should be dark or bright.
I turned both to "dark" (bottom-line is by default) an the skin looks even better !!! Big Grin

One last Question:
What does the option "mediavizualisation on/off" in the shutdown-menu do ?
I could not see any changes in the appearance of the skin.

Update - ZombieRobot - 2010-10-31

Toggle between movie info screens!
switch between two movie info screens now added

Showmix movie info

Aeon Stark movie info added

- hendoben - 2010-10-31

ZombieRobot Wrote:Image

Showmix movie info

Great work.

How do i name my artwork to get it to show up inside the thumb boxes?

- ZombieRobot - 2010-10-31

hendoben Wrote:Great work.

How do i name my artwork to get it to show up inside the thumb boxes?

you need to have a folder inside your movie folder named extrathumbs and name each thumb thumb1,thumb2,thumb3,thumb4 you should use ember movie manager you can get and save extrathumbs using ember

- FLuX0r - 2010-10-31

Back with a few fresh bugs. Wink

System:
- Windows 7 - 64bit
- XBMX Dharma Beta 3
- Aeon Showmix Evolution Beta : 18.10.2010

Bug Report:
1. Blanc option screen in AEON advanced settings
After changing any option in one of the AION-advanced settings menus, going back to the home screen and then back in AION-advanced settings again (by pressing "s" > choosing "advanced"), the OPTION screen is blanc.
You have to press anykey to make the options show up again.

2. In movies multiplex view the word "MIN" misses after the runtime
In the original showmix skin there is the word "MIN" after the runtime in the movies multiplex view (lower left corner).
It is missing.

FLuX0r Wrote:One last Question:
I could not see any changes in the appearance of the skin.
Does anyone know, what this option is for ?

- sergiocos - 2010-10-31

FLuX0r Wrote:Does anyone know, what this option is for ?

Probably to see music visualization in the background when you browse the main menu (and listen to music) or to see the movie in the background when you browse the main menu (and a video file is playing)

- FLuX0r - 2010-10-31

FLuX0r Wrote:One last Question:
I could not see any changes in the appearance of the skin. Does anyone know, what this option is for ?
sergiocos Wrote:Probably to see music visualization in the background when you browse the main menu (and listen to music) or to see the movie in the background when you browse the main menu (and a video file is playing)
That's it, you are right.
Thanks. Smile

- ZombieRobot - 2010-11-01

FLuX0r thanks for all the bug posts regarding the MIN in multiplex you may have to re scrape your movies because i am getting the mins on two different computers or change scrapers also the music/video options in skin settings is just blank because i havent populated it yet so its not a bug just not finished in beta release your bug posts are very helpful thanks a lot

Update - ZombieRobot - 2010-11-02

UPDATE

New smart playlist support add up to 22 playlists (God knows why so many but there you go) to add to home menu with customizable backdrops just like any other menu
Custom playlist Sub menus coming soon

Next up is bringing some classic Aeon stark into Showmix

Also ppics awesome tvtunes has been added and working well a release should be in around two to three weeks if i can get in enough coding time you wouldn't believe how much time you need to put into skinning i try to get 3 to 4 hours a day on top of working 11 hour days its nuts i have so much respect for jezz x, hitcher, mcborzu, Team Blackbolt, ronie and all the others for doing it for so long its tough work but very addictive/rewarding

- meshwolf - 2010-11-02

ZombieRobot Wrote:UPDATE

Also ppics awesome tvtunes has been added and working well a release should be in around two to three weeks if i can get in enough coding time you wouldn't believe how much time you need to put into skinning i try to get 3 to 4 hours a day on top of working 11 hour days its nuts i have so much respect for jezz x, hitcher, mcborzu, Team Blackbolt, ronie and all the others for doing it for so long its tough work but very addictive/rewarding

But you're doing great! Smile

- butchabay - 2010-11-02

ZombieRobot Wrote:UPDATE

New smart playlist support add up to 18 playlists to home menu with customizable backdrops just like any other menu

Mate you are doing really a fantastic job !!! I am working on the MOD Fanart in Launcher Plugin for Showmix and it isn't really a big thing but anyway it takes time to do it. So we all appreciate your work and effort aswell as all the skinners out there!

Cheers

- Anacotic - 2010-11-03

ZombieRobot Wrote:you need to have a folder inside your movie folder named extrathumbs and name each thumb thumb1,thumb2,thumb3,thumb4 you should use ember movie manager you can get and save extrathumbs using ember

Yeah thats right, but can u add a slideshow function to the 4 Pictures view, too?

id love to see that but im not able to do it myself Big Grin

- ZombieRobot - 2010-11-03

Anacotic Wrote:Yeah thats right, but can u add a slideshow function to the 4 Pictures view, too?

id love to see that but im not able to do it myself Big Grin

I could look into that will add it to the list

- ZombieRobot - 2010-11-04

butchabay Wrote:Mate you are doing really a fantastic job !!! I am working on the MOD Fanart in Launcher Plugin for Showmix and it isn't really a big thing but anyway it takes time to do it. So we all appreciate your work and effort aswell as all the skinners out there!

Cheers

Yo Butch do you want to add support for your mod to evolution?( if i can that is) whats needed to change in the skin (Anything?) or is it all done in the launcher plugin? if you need a latest build of showmix to work with i can pm you a download link if you want it.

- butchabay - 2010-11-04

ZombieRobot Wrote:Yo Butch do you want to add support for your mod to evolution?( if i can that is) whats needed to change in the skin (Anything?) or is it all done in the launcher plugin? if you need a latest build of showmix to work with i can pm you a download link if you want it.

Hi Zombie, sharing your work would be helpful, there are little modifications in:
MyPrograms.xml, Includes.xml, Includes_Furniture.xml and Strings.xml.

I still don't know if i'll implement Tall View, because of the compressed Textures. I'll have a look and decide.

Cheers