Kodi Community Forum
[WIP] Basic - a new skin in the works for XBMC - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Skinning (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+---- Forum: WIP Skins (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=160)
+---- Thread: [WIP] Basic - a new skin in the works for XBMC (/showthread.php?tid=83084)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

- Casanova_32210 - 2010-10-16

NIce!!

- buzz_kill - 2010-10-16

Looks nice, looking forward to seeing how this turns out.

- Griffith86 - 2010-10-17

Thought I'd give an update on where we've gotten in the last few days and also want to thank psike for all the hard work he's put in on this so far.

Everything on the home page is fully functional. The movie screen is also completed as well. There are a few things we still need to finish like the season/episode information. Other than that it's pretty much done.

Next we plan on moving onto the OSD and figuring out exactly what we are going to include (my OSD is going to change a bit).

- DannyDroid - 2010-10-17

I am very impressed. Not only have you made a beautiful skin, but your coder has been able to build a like-for-like working copy.

Well done!

- Griffith86 - 2010-10-20

Wow, so I posted that old picture thinking we were pretty much done with the home section of the skin and we were both wrong. So now, this is the final version of the home section.

Movie Section

TV Section

You can also see how the sub-menu looks in the TV picture. Thank you, Hitcher, for updating your recentlyadded script so we could actually use the Season / Episode information.

DannyDroid Wrote:I am very impressed. Not only have you made a beautiful skin, but your coder has been able to build a like-for-like working copy.

Well done!

Thank you for your kind words. Yeah, psike has been a champ.

- Stranger - 2010-10-20

Griffith86 Wrote:Wow, so I posted that old picture thinking we were pretty much done with the home section of the skin and we were both wrong. So now, this is the final version of the home section.

Movie Section

TV Section

You can also see how the sub-menu looks in the TV picture. Thank you, Hitcher, for updating your recentlyadded script so we could actually use the Season / Episode information.

Thank you for your kind words. Yeah, psike has been a champ.

Great work, but I would suggest (love to see) the sub-menu extending further...

- jag0 - 2010-10-20

Loving the look of this skin so far. Like you I only really use the Movies/TV sections of XBMC as of right now (Though i think I'll be using the games and music section once i figure them out)

in any case.... cool stuff so far man!

Stranger Wrote:Great work, but I would suggest (love to see) the sub-menu extending further...

Further as in?

- Stranger - 2010-10-20

Griffith86 Wrote:Further as in?

Length

Honestly, I made mine small so it wasn't really in the way. Kind of in the same vein as Alaska. It does it on the bottom of it's boxes (in default home view).

It's there but not an eye sore. Plus all of the options are still there, you just have to scroll left and right.

The other reason I wanted to do mine that way was to be a little creative about it. I didn't really want to do anything that someone else has done (a lot of skins have that layout).

- ZombieRobot - 2010-10-20

guys looks like a great skin so far would also be great for kids very simple and clean good job

- Stranger - 2010-10-20

Griffith86 Wrote:Honestly, I made mine small so it wasn't really in the way. Kind of in the same vein as Alaska. It does it on the bottom of it's boxes (in default home view).

It's there but not an eye sore. Plus all of the options are still there, you just have to scroll left and right.

The other reason I wanted to do mine that way was to be a little creative about it. I didn't really want to do anything that someone else has done (a lot of skins have that layout).

Fair point

Stranger Wrote:Although ultimately being creative in respects to skinning is improving/innovating what has already been done, which trumps your point since it's still a sub-menu

I never said I was trying to innovate, lol. I just wanted to do something different, in the end it's always going to be a sub-menu. So, I'm not exactly sure how "trumps" my point.

To be honest, I wasn't even trying to make a point, I just wanted to style mine differently from what other people have done and gave my reasoning behind it.

- fullfatcream - 2010-10-20

For me please keep doing what you are doing as am looking forward to this very much.

- Stranger - 2010-10-20

Griffith86 Wrote:I never said I was trying to innovate, lol. I just wanted to do something different, in the end it's always going to be a sub-menu. So, I'm not exactly sure how "trumps" my point.

To be honest, I wasn't even trying to make a point, I just wanted to style mine differently from what other people have done and gave my reasoning behind it.

Your right