Kodi Community Forum
[WIP] Basic - a new skin in the works for XBMC - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Skinning (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+---- Forum: WIP Skins (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=160)
+---- Thread: [WIP] Basic - a new skin in the works for XBMC (/showthread.php?tid=83084)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

- Griffith86 - 2010-10-26

There will probably only be 3 views per section.

- loggio - 2010-10-26

Nice, sounds good.

Though, they're not really different. Same view, different style. Same same.

I do like the view, just... and i mean no disrespect what so ever... It seems a little boring.

But, totally my opinion... I want to hear what others think.

I can't believe how quickly it's coming along man! this is crazy.

loggio Wrote:Nice, sounds good.

Though, they're not really different. Same view, different style. Same same.

I do like the view, just... and i mean no disrespect what so ever... It seems a little boring.

But, totally my opinion... I want to hear what others think.

I can't believe how quickly it's coming along man! this is crazy.

Well, not to sound like a dick, but I'm not really making this skin to cater to anyones taste. If you think the views are boring and/or the same then, that's fine. I've said a few times that the skin is basically the skin I've always wanted.

So, if people like it that's cool and if they don't then thats fine too. You don't have to use it. x]

Thank you for your kind words though.

- loggio - 2010-10-26

Keep it up!

Oh, don't worry I didn't take offense at all and there is no need to apologize.

I know people are going to voice their opinion, and that's fine. I just wanted to get the point across that while I am open to suggestions and whatnot that I'm probably not going to change anything design wise because that's how I wanted it to look.

- freaktm - 2010-10-26

Man i can't wait for this! This just the skin I've been waiting for - even started coding myself Big Grin Yours is just so much better than what i could achieve - being a coder and not a graphical designer is such a huge disadvantage when it comes to skinning :p

- jwlb - 2010-10-26

Will we be able to add different backdrops for the main menu?

- Griffith86 - 2010-10-27

jwlb Wrote:Will we be able to add different backdrops for the main menu?

Yeah, that is already done.

- jwlb - 2010-10-27

Hey Griffith, Thanks for the reply!

I know that in the beginning you are not implementing a music library. Will this feature never be added to your skin or might this be added in the later versions?

Music library is not the biggest priority for me too, but id love to see it added later on.

Lastly, I would like to compliment both of you on the work you have been doing and the speed behind it.

Goodluck!

I don't ever plan on adding Music, no.

Done:

Movie View

Season View

Info View

- nemulate - 2010-10-27

No music? Oh dear well it's looking a good skin but won't be following it anymore as need my music views. Sincerely best of luck with this and hope it reached fruition Big Grin

nemulate Wrote:No music? Oh dear well it's looking a good skin but won't be following it anymore as need my music views. Sincerely best of luck with this and hope it reached fruition Big Grin

I've been saying that from the beginning, but thank you.

- ZombieRobot - 2010-10-27

Griffith86 Wrote:I've been saying that from the beginning, but thank you.

I'm sure Griffith wont mind people modding the skin once released keep a eye out someone will include music for youWink

- jwlb - 2010-10-28

That sounds like a perfect solution for the ones who want to get the full xbmc-experience

- loggio - 2010-11-03

What's happened to this skin? please don't let it die like a lot of "work in progress" skins... updates went from frequent to, well... none, lately.

any updates?