Kodi Community Forum
MediaFrontPage - Web interface with widget type architecture to control multiple apps - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: MediaFrontPage - Web interface with widget type architecture to control multiple apps (/showthread.php?tid=83304)

- SleepyP - 2011-06-11

I was wanting to check out the new setup and login functionality. Which repo should I look at?

- gugahoi - 2011-06-11

SleepyP Wrote:I was wanting to check out the new setup and login functionality. Which repo should I look at?

My patch-1 branch should have all modifications (Mikies, deja's and mine) so I'd advise that one. But I haven't checked Deja's last change as he posted just above so I can't say anything about his further improvements.

I also was going to ask: is there anything else you're waiting on to make a pull request, Sleepy?

From my check's everything seems to be fine, but I do know most of the visible modifications you made were related to nightly builds so not my case. But it seems to me like it's error free as that's what I've been able to check.

- steve1977 - 2011-06-11

gugahoi Wrote:Headphones looks like a very interesting program! I will also watch it. If you feel the need for more widgets tho, by all means make one and submit it to be added!

Anyone with skills and interest to work on this?

Also, anyone using it and knows whether there is any active development?

- SleepyP - 2011-06-11

I might take a crack at it once I get the other stuff done. Basically the goal right now is to get everything we have working 100% error free so we can lock in "version 1.0". I believe the deadline is July. Once I get that stuff cleared, I was planning on looking at making some new widgets. I need to learn to do AJAX stuff for the shell script launcher I want to make, so after that I should be able to make just about anything, and if not me, one of the other team members.

- gugahoi - 2011-06-11

steve1977 Wrote:Anyone with skills and interest to work on this?

Also, anyone using it and knows whether there is any active development?

I assume development is very active. It only started 3 weeks or so ago! And it seems like there are changes every week or so...

- RaNaMaster - 2011-06-11

Capt.Insano Wrote:Thanks folks,

I'll have a look at the forks but I might not put them on my server root as ye suggested!!

I will post the request on lighthouse also; I just feel that rtorrent is prob the best lightweight torrent client for linux servers we have at the moment!
(I'm waiting for utorrent to allow RSS set-up through webui!!)

Thanks again!
The Capt.

here you go Rss set use this and you can setup rss from the webui
http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?id=58156

- DejaVu - 2011-06-11

gugahoi Wrote:I assume development is very active. It only started 3 weeks or so ago! And it seems like there are changes every week or so...

I agree, I'm about to start using this, it sounds very promising. Looks easy to setup and perhaps easy to implement some bits into MFP?

- steve1977 - 2011-06-12

DejaVu Wrote:I agree, I'm about to start using this, it sounds very promising. Looks easy to setup and perhaps easy to implement some bits into MFP?

Very cool to hear!!! Also, assume that it should be very easy to integrate into the top-bar of MFP (basically as easy that even I could do it :-)

Btw, just downloaded. How to start the py-files in Win7x86 (given no exe provided) and how to auto-start?

- DejaVu - 2011-06-12

steve1977 Wrote:Very cool to hear!!! Also, assume that it should be very easy to integrate into the top-bar of MFP (basically as easy that even I could do it :-)

Btw, just downloaded. How to start the py-files in Win7x86 (given no exe provided) and how to auto-start?

You need to download and install Python for Windows before you can start running Python scripts. That being said, I use Linux to run Python, but tried Windows last night and have to say it's not too straight forward.

- steve1977 - 2011-06-12

DejaVu Wrote:You need to download and install Python for Windows before you can start running Python scripts. That being said, I use Linux to run Python, but tried Windows last night and have to say it's not too straight forward.

Thanks. I am already running SB and CP, which I thought were python scripts as well. They worked right away. What does make these different?

- CoinTos - 2011-06-12

steve1977 Wrote:Thanks. I am already running SB and CP, which I thought were python scripts as well. They worked right away. What does make these different?
Basically, their windows release would have a executable with the required python components compiled/linked into it. Example of such a tool that can do that is py2exe.

Quote:That being said, I use Linux to run Python, but tried Windows last night and have to say it's not too straight forward.
There are thrid party python releases that make it a little easier in windows, like ActivePython, the community edition is free.

- gugahoi - 2011-06-12

CoinTos Wrote:Basically, their windows release would have a executable with the required python components compiled/linked into it. Example of such a tool that can do that is py2exe.

There are thrid party python releases that make it a little easier in windows, like ActivePython, the community edition is free.

There are instructions in the git page. I would recommend starting a new thread if you want to discuss about that program. Try to keep this one a bit more related to MFP...

ps.: something that seems to work similarly -- http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=96794 -- I think it's windows only for now.

- steve1977 - 2011-06-12

gugahoi Wrote:There are instructions in the git page. I would recommend starting a new thread if you want to discuss about that program. Try to keep this one a bit more related to MFP...

ps.: something that seems to work similarly -- http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=96794 -- I think it's windows only for now.

Sorry for the off-topic and thanks for your help!!! I have already texted the developer and he will open its own thread in this forum in a few days.

- DejaVu - 2011-06-14

Not much activity the last few days. Everyone's enjoying the summer months! Big Grin

Just a little update from me, I am still trying to edit config files directly within MFP. So far, they are showing and able to switch between them with links, just a little issue with saving them ATM (Not Permission related). I think it has something to do with either the way they are called or I have a variable in the wrong place. (--EDIT-- Fixed by Gugahoi).

So far I have managed to access them via a PHP file like - http://serverip/mfpedit?p=config.php

Any file in the root directory can be called this way and is automatically skinned into the widget architecture. Check my Repo for a better idea.

- SleepyP - 2011-06-14

Not having proper access to internet from work is driving me nuts Sad Used to be I could chip away at things in MFP like all day

Thought of one feature request that may go along with the config editor: some way to reset the layout back to the default? At the moment there's not a good easy way to put a widget back in if you delete it.