Kodi Community Forum
MediaFrontPage - Web interface with widget type architecture to control multiple apps - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: MediaFrontPage - Web interface with widget type architecture to control multiple apps (/showthread.php?tid=83304)

- gugahoi - 2011-06-14

SleepyP Wrote:Not having proper access to internet from work is driving me nuts Sad Used to be I could chip away at things in MFP like all day

Thought of one feature request that may go along with the config editor: some way to reset the layout back to the default? At the moment there's not a good easy way to put a widget back in if you delete it.

That sucks. I've been waiting for your additions as I so want to finish off v1 to start working on a settings page! I believe there's only a couple of bugs after yours are done.

@DejaVu

Hey dude, I think you've been commenting on the wrong repo...

Nick's repo is quite outdated so I don't think there's any point to answer the "issues" reported there. On another note, I have a very busy week so till friday comes I won't be able to do any coding! After that I want to finish off v1 as quick as possible! Cheers

- DejaVu - 2011-06-14

Yeah, I realised that when I was part way through.

I tend to have those moments of pointlessness! Smile

- DejaVu - 2011-06-15

SleepyP Wrote:Thought of one feature request that may go along with the config editor: some way to reset the layout back to the default? At the moment there's not a good easy way to put a widget back in if you delete it.

I have added the config editor to the Official Repo now and I'm working on something to try and reload the original incase of any screw up's.
Going to add it to Lighthouse.

- gugahoi - 2011-06-15

OK, I couldn't keep myself from looking at the code and consequently made a few changes. Already uploaded as your links pointed to paths from your machine only. Also wanted to remind you guys that deleting a widget is not yet possible. However, restoring the default layout should be very simple. Something like a deleting of the current layout.php

PHP Code:
unlink('layout.php'); 

and then copying the default-layout.php as layout.php which is what I did in servercheck.php with the config file. This way the default config is not lost.

PHP Code:
copy("default-layout.php""layout.php"); 

- SleepyP - 2011-06-16

That's pretty much exactly what I was thinking, Gugahoi Smile

I had one thing that I noticed about your System Widget: it displays so much info that you have to have scroll bars. However, the widget auto-refreshes. When it refreshes, it resets the scroll bar positions. This makes it super annoying to actually try and get to info at the bottom. Any way to make it not auto-refresh, and instead refresh with the click of a link? Or just refresh only after like 15 minutes or some other super long period?

- DejaVu - 2011-06-16

Does it need to refresh? How much is likely to change in the amount of time MFP is loaded?

- solidsatras - 2011-06-17

The nice drag&drop/edit/close of the widgets isn´t working for me.
According to the severcheck all dependencies are installed.
This is how it looks like atm:

SAB, SB(R6), CP & MFP(master) are running on an intel based QNAP-NAS.

I´m clueless where to look for this problem so any help would be much appreciated Smile

- DejaVu - 2011-06-17

solidsatras Wrote:The nice drag&drop/edit/close of the widgets isn´t working for me.

I´m clueless where to look for this problem so any help would be much appreciated Smile

Is that a fresh install from github.com/mediafrontpage/mediafrontpage amd using the newest config file? I just cloned from it and mines working perfectly.

I have just been playing with MFP and noticed a lot of referenced files in the code that have been pulled out and is causing errors. I'm going to start stripping these out on my setup as I think this is what's causing the delays when loading.

- gugahoi - 2011-06-17

solidsatras Wrote:The nice drag&drop/edit/close of the widgets isn´t working for me.

That is weird. What is the web server in your QNAP? Does it support jQuery?

DejaVu Wrote:I have just been playing with MFP and noticed a lot of referenced files in the code that have been pulled out and is causing errors. I'm going to start stripping these out on my setup as I think this is what's causing the delays when loading.

Whoa!!!! What are those? I don't think they were ever in MFP! They look like stuff from SickBeard... probably coming from ComingEpisodes widget!

- DejaVu - 2011-06-17

Yea, must be. But they are there and my MFP is taking ages to load up (a good 25 seconds now).

With the help of Dreamweaver CS5, I've already found a few.

this.addStylesheet(this.CSSBaseDir + "mycontentflow.css");

in js/ContentFlow/contentflow.js

for example. Once I've cleaned it up, I'll put it on my Repo and see if it makes a difference to anyone else. Smile

- gugahoi - 2011-06-17

DejaVu Wrote:Yea, must be. But they are there and my MFP is taking ages to load up (a good 25 seconds now).

With the help of Dreamweaver CS5, I've already found a few.

this.addStylesheet(this.CSSBaseDir + "mycontentflow.css");

in js/ContentFlow/contentflow.js

for example. Once I've cleaned it up, I'll put it on my Repo and see if it makes a difference to anyone else. Smile

I think that plugin can be deleted.

- DejaVu - 2011-06-17

Just realised, that was the coverflow for the original TrakT widget.

Is there still a reference to it somewhere? According to Google Inspector on mine there is.

--WOOHOO--
Post 500 and some of them wasnt even Spam! Smile

- gugahoi - 2011-06-17

hahha, I don;t think there is mention anywhere but it's worth double checking.

We also surpassed 100.000 views recently!

- DejaVu - 2011-06-17

Just checking both SB and MFP's ComingEpisodes Widget source, both have this -

Code:
<title>Sick Beard - alpha master - Coming Episodes</title>
    <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8" />
    <link rel="shortcut icon" href="/images/favicon.ico" />
    <link rel="apple-touch-icon" href="/images/sickbeard_touch_icon.png" />
    <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="/css/default.css" />
    <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="/css/browser.css" />
    <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="/css/comingEpisodes.css" />
    <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="/css/config.css" />
    <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="/css/jquery.pnotify.default.css" />
    <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="/css/jquery.autocomplete.css" />
    <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="/css/smooth-grinder/jquery-ui-1.8.13.custom.css" />
    <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="/css/superfish.css" />
    <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="/css/tablesorter.css"/>
    <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" media="only screen and (max-device-width: 480px)" href="/css/iphone.css" />

Hence why MFP is erroring out a lot on mine and I think the cause of the long delays. I know it's just a skinned page, but is there a way these can be stripped out using str_replace, much the same way that this does (from the wComingEpisodes.php file near the bottom).

Code:
$body = str_replace("src=\"/showPoster/", "src=\"".$reldir."sickbeardposter.php", $body);

Even if it replaces the stylesheets with blank lines or a 'null.css' file we can point it too?

gugahoi Wrote:We also surpassed 100.000 views recently!
That's almost a 3rd of what SB has!
Did you realise it's the 12th most viewed thread on XBMC's Supplemental Tools section! Not bad considering some of the superb projects running for XBMC. Big Grin

- SleepyP - 2011-06-17

I would LOVE to get MFP loading faster! Most widgets begin to appear but the browser shows the "loading" animation for a really long time.