Kodi Community Forum
MediaFrontPage - Web interface with widget type architecture to control multiple apps - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: MediaFrontPage - Web interface with widget type architecture to control multiple apps (/showthread.php?tid=83304)

- gugahoi - 2011-06-17

DejaVu Wrote:Just checking both SB and MFP's ComingEpisodes Widget source, both have this -

Code:
<title>Sick Beard - alpha master - Coming Episodes</title>
    <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8" />
    <link rel="shortcut icon" href="/images/favicon.ico" />
    <link rel="apple-touch-icon" href="/images/sickbeard_touch_icon.png" />
    <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="/css/default.css" />
    <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="/css/browser.css" />
    <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="/css/comingEpisodes.css" />
    <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="/css/config.css" />
    <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="/css/jquery.pnotify.default.css" />
    <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="/css/jquery.autocomplete.css" />
    <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="/css/smooth-grinder/jquery-ui-1.8.13.custom.css" />
    <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="/css/superfish.css" />
    <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="/css/tablesorter.css"/>
    <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" media="only screen and (max-device-width: 480px)" href="/css/iphone.css" />

Hence why MFP is erroring out a lot on mine and I think the cause of the long delays. I know it's just a skinned page, but is there a way these can be stripped out using str_replace, much the same way that this does (from the wComingEpisodes.php file near the bottom).

Code:
$body = str_replace("src=\"/showPoster/", "src=\"".$reldir."sickbeardposter.php", $body);

Even if it replaces the stylesheets with blank lines or a 'null.css' file we can point it too?

Pretty sure that's possible, will look at it later on today

SleepyP Wrote:I would LOVE to get MFP loading faster! Most widgets begin to appear but the browser shows the "loading" animation for a really long time.

Are you using Firefox?! That loading floating thing is a bug from the coming episodes widget and the highslide plugin. It only shows up on firefox.

- solidsatras - 2011-06-17

DejaVu Wrote:Is that a fresh install from github.com/mediafrontpage/mediafrontpage amd using the newest config file?
Yes, it is. Downloaded a few hours back.

gugahoi Wrote:That is weird. What is the web server in your QNAP? Does it support jQuery?

Good question. I created the very basic jQuery example from here:
http://docs.jquery.com/How_jQuery_Works#Complete_Example
And i think it worked like intended.

The Webserver currently features:
PHP Version 5.2.14
MySQL-Server-Version: 5.1.36
libcurl 7.21.6-1
Java™ SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_22-b04)
Java HotSpot™ Client VM (build 17.1-b03, mixed mode, sharing)

Feels like something is missing, but don´t know what.

- gugahoi - 2011-06-17

solidsatras Wrote:Yes, it is. Downloaded a few hours back.

Good question. I created the very basic jQuery example from here:
http://docs.jquery.com/How_jQuery_Works#Complete_Example
And i think it worked like intended.

The Webserver currently features:
PHP Version 5.2.14
MySQL-Server-Version: 5.1.36
libcurl 7.21.6-1
Java™ SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_22-b04)
Java HotSpot™ Client VM (build 17.1-b03, mixed mode, sharing)

Feels like something is missing, but don´t know what.

Hmmm I'm not 100% sure but maybe php 5.3 could be necessary... Any chance you could try to update ?

To help you out I found this thread. Apparently there is a thorough explanation on how to update there.

Is there anything else that doesn't work? Is it possible to do a search in the search widget?

Cheers

- solidsatras - 2011-06-17

gugahoi Wrote:Hmmm I'm not 100% sure but maybe php 5.3 could be necessary... Any chance you could try to update ?

To help you out I found this thread. Apparently there is a thorough explanation on how to update there.

Is there anything else that doesn't work? Is it possible to do a search in the search widget?

Cheers

You´re right. The search also doesn´t work.
Big thanks for the php update link, will try that.

- steve1977 - 2011-06-17

gugahoi Wrote:Are you using Firefox?! That loading floating thing is a bug from the coming episodes widget and the highslide plugin. It only shows up on firefox.

I am using Chrome and the coming-episodes indeed takes ages too load. I don't mind that much, but wanted to share.

- DejaVu - 2011-06-17

steve1977 Wrote:I am using Chrome and the coming-episodes indeed takes ages too load. I don't mind that much, but wanted to share.

It's likely that it's all the 404 errors that cannot be found due to the missing css files that Sickbeard has in its folder that MFP cannot load.

The speed was not an issue when MFP was smaller, but the more features we add, the more the speed decrease is noticeable.

Hopefully, stripping the CSS out of the coming episodes will speed up loading times. Addressing the errors when MFP loads has got to make a difference.

Obsolete stuff also needs deleting - like ContentFlow that the trakt widget used to use. Smile

- DejaVu - 2011-06-17

Removed the ContentFlow Plugin from the Official Repo.

This maybe more geared towards Milestone v2.0.
But-
I have been looking into ways to try and get away from Frames with MFP and investigating how to create a floating Nav bar perhaps similar to that of CP.

I was then also thinking of creating a floating footer that could house the external links.

The only thing this would really affect doing this would be external websites/programs loading into the lower frame.

This will then make page real estate not so much of an issue and the one I propose first would be great if we could keep it in view when users are in Sickbeard or Couch.

Is it too much work to change the simple external link to a page that loads the external site into a full paged Div instead - or perhaps into a full page iframed widget to keep the look of MFP...?

Nav bars I quite like the look of -
http://tympanus.net/Tutorials/FixedNavigationTutorial2/

Can we somehow put the search widget into the Nav Bar?

- DejaVu - 2011-06-18

What do you think?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZ1GEiFGFLY

Needs some work still and a way to load up other URL's whilst still staying on the page.
But it's just a concept at the moment.

Strange behavior of disk drives widget & large disks - MeAgain73 - 2011-06-18

First off: Great work all of you! MFP is a real keeper for me. It makes life much easier.

I wrestled through (almost) all pages of this post before I replied (didn't want to miss anything Smile).

Today I noticed that the Hard Drives widget showed a wrong % of free space. My 6TB NAS was 40% ful, according to MFP. After some troubleshooting I found out that it had nothing to do with MFP, but with the way PHP returns the free and total space on very large disks. Since I haven't got a Windows machine at hand (only Mac's) I can't verify if this only affects Mac systems.

I already started to work on some kind of implementation for 'other' media players than XBMC. As soon as I got something to show (and I figured out how I can use more of git than just 'pull') I'll put something up.

- DejaVu - 2011-06-18

MeAgain73 Wrote:(and I figured out how I can use more of git than just 'pull') I'll put something up.
A little explanation from my point of view. Wink
http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=788764&postcount=811

- gugahoi - 2011-06-18

DejaVu Wrote:What do you think?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZ1GEiFGFLY

Needs some work still and a way to load up other URL's whilst still staying on the page.
But it's just a concept at the moment.

This looks very nice but one question: how customisable is it? Can users add links with ease or is it hardcoded?

- steve1977 - 2011-06-18

Just downloaded the latest from GIT. Fantastic to see this is getting close to 1.0 release. I have a few questions:

1) Is the config file "stable" now that I don't have the manually edit it anymore once downloading a new release?
2) Is the config from GUI working yet? It doesn't show anything for me when I click it?
3) I am using reverse proxies and have MFP "web-enabled". Using htaccess to secure my folder. It appears that I now have to enter my user name and password in the config file, which doesn't appear too safe. Is there any other way to do it?
4) I recall that someone was working on an authencitation prompt in MFP style. Did this go anywhere and (if so) how can I enable it?

Thanks a lot in advance!!

- gugahoi - 2011-06-18

steve1977 Wrote:Just downloaded the latest from GIT. Fantastic to see this is getting close to 1.0 release. I have a few questions:

1) Is the config file "stable" now that I don't have the manually edit it anymore once downloading a new release?
2) Is the config from GUI working yet? It doesn't show anything for me when I click it?
3) I am using reverse proxies and have MFP "web-enabled". Using htaccess to secure my folder. It appears that I now have to enter my user name and password in the config file, which doesn't appear too safe. Is there any other way to do it?
4) I recall that someone was working on an authencitation prompt in MFP style. Did this go anywhere and (if so) how can I enable it?

Thanks a lot in advance!!

1) Ye, it should be.
2) Yes it should be. Can you give any more info? Do you have a config.php file in the root of MFP? How about editing the layout, does that work?
3) If you use htaccess then you just do what you have always done. No need to enter the user/pass info in the config file.
4) Yes it is already in there. I will add some comments to the config file to make it clearer but basically the 3 new variables that have AUTH in the beginning refer to authentication. If it is set to true then there will be an authentication when you access MFP otherwise it will just go into MFP normally.

- steve1977 - 2011-06-18

gugahoi Wrote:2) Yes it should be. Can you give any more info? Do you have a config.php file in the root of MFP? How about editing the layout, does that work?
3) If you use htaccess then you just do what you have always done. No need to enter the user/pass info in the config file.
4) Yes it is already in there. I will add some comments to the config file to make it clearer but basically the 3 new variables that have AUTH in the beginning refer to authentication. If it is set to true then there will be an authentication when you access MFP otherwise it will just go into MFP normally.

ad 2) Editing config and layout both work if I do it manually. If I press "config" in the GUI, it only changes to a white page (navbar stays "as is")
ad 3) I am probably still doing something wrong then... Htaccess works well and I can access things online (with ID/PW prompt). When using MFP, it also asks me for the prompt, but the reverse proxy sites don't show up. Please see below my configs:
$GLOBAL_MACHINE = true;
$GLOBAL_USER_PASS = true;
$GLOBAL_IP = 'my URL, not IP';
$GLOBAL_USER = 'my username for the URL';
$GLOBAL_PASS = 'my PW for the URL';
$REVERSE_PROXY = true;
$XBMC_WEBROOT = '/xbmc';
$SICKBEARD_WEBROOT = '/tv';
$COUCHPOTATO_WEBROOT = '/CP';
$SABNZBD_WEBROOT = '/sabnzbd';
/* XBMC Section*/
$XBMC_IP = '';
$XBMC_PORT = '';
$XBMC_USERNAME = 'xbmc';
$XBMC_PASS = '';
/* SickBeard Section*/
$SICKBEARD_IP = '';
$SICKBEARD_PORT = '';
$SICKBEARD_USERNAME = '';
$SICKBEARD_PASS = '';
/* SABNZBD Section*/
$SABNZBD_IP = '';
$SABNZBD_PORT = '';
$SABNZBD_USERNAME = '';
$SABNZBD_PASS = '';
$SABNZBD_API = 'my API here';
/* CouchPotato Section*/
$COUCHPOTATO_IP = '';
$COUCHPOTATO_PORT = '';
$COUCHPOTATO_USERNAME= '';
$COUCHPOTATO_PASS = '';

ad 4) Found it. What should I enter here as user name and PW? Is still relevant even if I have htaccess?

- gugahoi - 2011-06-18

steve1977 Wrote:ad 2) Editing config and layout both work if I do it manually. If I press "config" in the GUI, it only changes to a white page (navbar stays "as is")
ad 3) I am probably still doing something wrong then... Htaccess works well and I can access things online (with ID/PW prompt). When using MFP, it also asks me for the prompt, but the reverse proxy sites don't show up. Please see below my configs:
$GLOBAL_MACHINE = true;
$GLOBAL_USER_PASS = true;
$GLOBAL_IP = 'my URL, not IP';
$GLOBAL_USER = 'my username for the URL';
$GLOBAL_PASS = 'my PW for the URL';
$REVERSE_PROXY = true;
$XBMC_WEBROOT = '/xbmc';
$SICKBEARD_WEBROOT = '/tv';
$COUCHPOTATO_WEBROOT = '/CP';
$SABNZBD_WEBROOT = '/sabnzbd';
/* XBMC Section*/
$XBMC_IP = '';
$XBMC_PORT = '';
$XBMC_USERNAME = 'xbmc';
$XBMC_PASS = '';
/* SickBeard Section*/
$SICKBEARD_IP = '';
$SICKBEARD_PORT = '';
$SICKBEARD_USERNAME = '';
$SICKBEARD_PASS = '';
/* SABNZBD Section*/
$SABNZBD_IP = '';
$SABNZBD_PORT = '';
$SABNZBD_USERNAME = '';
$SABNZBD_PASS = '';
$SABNZBD_API = 'my API here';
/* CouchPotato Section*/
$COUCHPOTATO_IP = '';
$COUCHPOTATO_PORT = '';
$COUCHPOTATO_USERNAME= '';
$COUCHPOTATO_PASS = '';

ad 4) Found it. What should I enter here as user name and PW? Is still relevant even if I have htaccess?

2) That's weird. Seems like you're missing a page. Any chance you can do a git pull again or just download everything from scratch and then test it?

3) I see you're using reverse proxies. I have been meaning to make it work properly with those. I haven't been close to my server for a while tho so can't really do much in that sense right now but I will in the next week or so because I really have to sort that out.

4)It isn't relevant if you have htaccess so don't worry about that.