Kodi Community Forum
MediaFrontPage - Web interface with widget type architecture to control multiple apps - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: MediaFrontPage - Web interface with widget type architecture to control multiple apps (/showthread.php?tid=83304)

- dr.energy - 2011-07-01

btw which repo should i use?

thanks in advance!

- Archigos - 2011-07-01

dr.energy Wrote:btw which repo should i use?

thanks in advance!

The most 'stable' one is https://github.com/MediaFrontPage/mediafrontpage since nothing gets pushed to it until it's been confirmed... Deja's and gugahoi's are mainly a 'playground' for tinkering and adding new stuff, which may not be 100% stable for everyone.

I'm going to download Deja's latest (forgot to a few hours ago when I mentioned it last time) and see if I can reproduce the error (I have a feeling I know what the issue is). Give me like 10-15 minutes on that.

As far as the reverse proxies, they're nice to have, but if you're unsure about them, best to ignore them for now. It's not that bad to setup in WAMP (from what I hear) but I'm using IIS 7.5 on a production server so I can't install that to test for you.

- dr.energy - 2011-07-01

Hi Archigos,

Thanks for your quick reply! Just downloaded the stable version from mediafrontpage/mediafrontpage

That is all working! So you don'y have to specially look it up for me, but i do have another question. I was trying to get it all working in IIS but i didn't came far. I have a server 2008 R2 with IIS and first i wanted to run everything in IIS. Do you got any hints or tips for installing in IIS?

I did the PHP stuff in IIS and the page was displaying but all of the other things were broken? Should i try to get it working on IIS? Or is WAMP a better solutions, im more a "Windows" guy Tongue

Again thank you !

- Archigos - 2011-07-01

dr.energy Wrote:I was trying to get it all working in IIS but i didn't came far. I have a server 2008 R2 with IIS and first i wanted to run everything in IIS. Do you got any hints or tips for installing in IIS?

I did the PHP stuff in IIS and the page was displaying but all of the other things were broken? Should i try to get it working on IIS? Or is WAMP a better solutions, im more a "Windows" guy Tongue

Again thank you !

Glad the main repo is working great for you. I'm watching "Beerfest" and not paying attention to coding... Wink

WAMP vs IIS can cause heated debates pending on who you talk to... but I originally started out using Xampp way back when before moving to IIS. I've been meaning to do a write up on my blog explaining how to install MFP, SB, CP, Sab, etc. from scratch with IIS so maybe you and I can chat via IM or something and I can help you out (it'll help me keep focus on writing the article too). I assume based on the way you worded that, WAMP is NOT on the 2k8R2 Server and running on a different machine correct? Having both IIS and WAMP on the same system can cause issues if not done properly (Same with IIS and Apache, although if done right can run perfect together).

PM me if you're interested in collaborating on that...

- DejaVu - 2011-07-01

We do NOT recommend WAMPP or XAMPP either. These cause issues with some things as a config.php already exists within the paths.

You are far better off using the Uniform Server for Windows installs as it is less of a nightmare to configure.

Always make sure to use the official repo to start with.

Extended Repo's are for testing and where most of the miracles happen before adding to the official one! Wink

As Archy said-
The official is - http://www.github.com/mediafrontpage/mediafrontpage

Mine is very good though. :p

@Archy.
Quote:I've been meaning to do a write up on my blog explaining how to install MFP, SB, CP, Sab, etc. from scratch with IIS
I've already got already drafted a great How-To for installing all of that on a Revo running XBMCLive if you want to use it to edit bits. Wink

It's on a site already and is pretty huge. Can bung it in a text file for ya...?

--EDIT--
Sod it.
Added it anyway. It's formatted already for BBCode. But it will not fit on one Post in XBMC's site.
Quote:The text that you have entered is too long (27491 characters). Please shorten it to 10000 characters long.
Some things might not be revelant, but the info's there.

Revo & XBMCLive Full setup guide - Used it this morning so know it works still.

Imaging my drive today! Gets rid of the hassle.

- Archigos - 2011-07-01

DejaVu Wrote:We do NOT recommend WAMPP or XAMPP either. These cause issues with some things as a config.php already exists within the paths.

You are far better off using the Uniform Server for Windows installs as it is less of a nightmare to configure.

Always make sure to use the official repo to start with.

Extended Repo's are for testing and where most of the miracles happen before adding to the official one! Wink

As Archy said-
The official is - http://www.github.com/mediafrontpage/mediafrontpage

Mine is very good though. :p

@Archy.

I've already got already drafted a great How-To for installing all of that with XBMCLive if you want to use it to edit bits. Wink

It's on a site already and is pretty huge. Can bung it in a text file for ya...?

'Archy' <- Haven't heard that one in awhile. Laugh
I totally forgot about the whole "WAMP/XAMPP" "Uniform" thing since I don't screw with those. Feel free to PM me the draft of that, I'm not sure how well the configs and stuff will transfer over, but at least it will remind me of a 'timeline' of sorts to keep me from getting distracted. The good dr.energy and I will be starting a joint write up this weekend and I'll post a link to the area of my blog that will host it when we finish.

Current game-plan for the guide:
EXTREMELY Basic setup of Windows Server 2008 R2 (Dr.)
EXTREMELY Basic setup of Windows 7 Ultimate x64 (Me)
Basic Setup/Configuration of IIS 7.5 on above platform
Microsoft Web Platform for PHP, etc. etc.
Then in order:
  • Sabnzbd+
  • Sickbeard
  • Couch Potato
  • Headphones
  • uTorrent
  • jDownloader (maybe)
  • MediaFrontPage (Official Repo)

Any questions, comments, suggestions are welcome.

- Archigos - 2011-07-01

Deja, since you're still here, I just remembered, while attempting some of my half-assed tweaks I noticed that someone added the Global Settings for Headphones in Config.php twice... I already removed the second copy from mine so I don't remember where it was exactly, but it's about 3 or 4 away from the other...

[HTML]
//HeadPhones Global Settings//
if(empty($HEADPHONES_IP) && !empty($HEADPHONES_PORT)){
$HEADPHONES_IP = $GLOBAL_IP;
}
[/HTML]

- DejaVu - 2011-07-01

I'm reinstalling at the moment. Once I get it all back to where it was, I'll sort that out. Also be adding TVHeadend into there too. But I recommended not installing it. It screwed my install! Smile

- Archigos - 2011-07-01

DejaVu Wrote:I'm reinstalling at the moment. Once I get it all back to where it was, I'll sort that out. Also be adding TVHeadend into there too. But I recommended not installing it. It screwed my install! Smile

I don't have XBMC or any of the 'tools/apps' running on any of my Linux boxes so Big Grin

Check your PM's later (no rush since you're busy fixing your system)

- Robotica - 2011-07-02

Works great for me! One thing what I noticed, is that before setting the config files all the widget were full with errors. Those errors cross the widget borders since they are big strings.

I think a check if there are values in the config files and if not >>don't execute the code. Would make it a little more cleaner. A message like: "set up your config file for useful widgets" would do.

And clicking (also before config) the top navigation (sickbeard and the like except mfp logo) create a mess...'

But it's a great project! Thanks for sharing..

- SleepyP - 2011-07-02

Oh my god, I have been away for a while. I'm not sure what the best would be to get up to date. Lots of reading to do I guess!

- DejaVu - 2011-07-03

@gugahoi.
I think I've sorted the CSS Image thingy. It's not called from a CSS file anymore, but the image is called by CSS still as a HTML tag seemed to break it.

It's ultimately a background-image for the hyperlink.

Would you mind taking a look and letting me know if there was a better way.
So long as the filename's are correct and added in the right place, it will show any image. Smile

@SleepyP
Where you been? Kipping!? :p

- gugahoi - 2011-07-03

Robotica Wrote:Works great for me! One thing what I noticed, is that before setting the config files all the widget were full with errors. Those errors cross the widget borders since they are big strings.

I think a check if there are values in the config files and if not >>don't execute the code. Would make it a little more cleaner. A message like: "set up your config file for useful widgets" would do.

And clicking (also before config) the top navigation (sickbeard and the like except mfp logo) create a mess...'

But it's a great project! Thanks for sharing..

Sleepy has been developing a function that will check if XBMC is offline. That will replace the current writings. I agree they don't look very good.

DejaVu Wrote:@gugahoi.
I think I've sorted the CSS Image thingy. It's not called from a CSS file anymore, but the image is called by CSS still as a HTML tag seemed to break it.

It's ultimately a background-image for the hyperlink.

Would you mind taking a look and letting me know if there was a better way.
So long as the filename's are correct and added in the right place, it will show any image. Smile

@SleepyP
Where you been? Kipping!? :p

I'll take a look. That's what I had in mind at first.

UPDATE: Just checked. That's exactly what I had in mind. Perfect.

- gugahoi - 2011-07-03

Archigos Wrote:Image

I think I've fixed this. Check out the Patch branch in Deja's repo.

- Archigos - 2011-07-03

gugahoi Wrote:I think I've fixed this. Check out the Patch branch in Deja's repo.

I'll check it out shortly...

As Deja suggested for me, I created an account on Github and forked his repo (https://github.com/Archigos/mediafrontpage) so far I've just added some addition stuff to programs.php and made the mods to config.php for them (off by default) and removed the redundant "Global Headphones Settings" near the bottom of config.php.

I apparently have to write better commit messages when I do a push. I'm still getting used to some of the crap with Git so um... yeah... Huh

Curious, who was the one responsible for the mobile detection that's currently being used, I've read over those files enough to make my eyes bleed but can't seem to find a way to make a singular detection separate (I'm working on an iPad specific version which obviously wouldn't work on the other smaller screen mobiles.)