Kodi Community Forum
MediaFrontPage - Web interface with widget type architecture to control multiple apps - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: MediaFrontPage - Web interface with widget type architecture to control multiple apps (/showthread.php?tid=83304)

- DejaVu - 2011-07-03

Archigos Wrote:removed the redundant "Global Headphones Settings" near the bottom of config.php.

Redundant? I will check this - but I recall I use it! :p

- Archigos - 2011-07-03

DejaVu Wrote:Redundant? I will check this - but I recall I use it! :p

Yeah, there's a second identical set like 3 or 4 spots down from the first one... I'm not looking at the file right now, but I'd say 20-30 lines or so from the bottom

- DejaVu - 2011-07-03

Found it. See what you mean. I changed that into SubSonic's URL Variable now...

BTW -
This looks very interesting - Streaming to the webserver via SubSonic.
Just having issues with Codecs and permissions ATM.

Also edited the submitted CSS's to support the Nav Menu...

I'm pretty confident this can now be added to the original repo if no-one has any queries. Somethings have changed - Like the links to the programs are now defined as

http://server/programs?p=SickBeard

These variables are called from Config.php so I do not believe it affects anything and should not break anything. If you want to add a program, it needs a variable adding - but I think we've covered all the main ones so far.

- Archigos - 2011-07-03

DejaVu Wrote:http://server/programs?p=SickBeard

These variables are called from Config.php so I do not believe it affects anything and should not break anything. If you want to add a program, it needs a variable adding - but I think we've covered all the main ones so far.

I've added a few other programs (and navicons) in my repo, I don't plan on doing a pull/push request yet since I'm still trying to figure out a few things with the iPad specific mobile interface (which is pissing me off, but that may be because it's 97ºF (36ºC) in my freakin' bedroom...)

I need to find an extension cord so I can plug in my medical equipment and be out doors... this sucks.

- gugahoi - 2011-07-04

DejaVu Wrote:Found it. See what you mean. I changed that into SubSonic's URL Variable now...

BTW -

I'm pretty confident this can now be added to the original repo if no-one has any queries. Somethings have changed - Like the links to the programs are now defined as

Have you checked my Patch branch recently? I've done a couple more commits...

- DejaVu - 2011-07-04

Just checked it and all looks good - but can you make sure the merge is going to be OK.

https://github.com/DejaVu77/mediafrontpage/pull/2

I too have been playing with the same files and do not want it to break anything. Works really well at the moment (CustomCSS) and I think it's EXCELLENT! Smile

SubSonic variables also need adding to the default-config.php.

I've done it already (mostly), but do not want to add it til this Pull Request goed through Ok.

- gugahoi - 2011-07-04

DejaVu Wrote:Just checked it and all looks good - but can you make sure the merge is going to be OK.

https://github.com/DejaVu77/mediafrontpage/pull/2

I too have been playing with the same files and do not want it to break anything. Works really well at the moment (CustomCSS) and I think it's EXCELLENT! Smile

SubSonic variables also need adding to the default-config.php.

I've done it already (mostly), but do not want to add it til this Pull Request goed through Ok.

I had a look at it. Didn't really understand some modifications. I did find an error on nav.php tho. It seems you have changed the loading of mixed type widget headers from index to nav. That doesn't make sense and you should probably change it back. Regarding the merge, I didn't really see anything that would create a problem but some of the changes you made aren't showing up as simple changes so it's hard to tell exactly what was modified when the entire file is rewritten in GIT.

And from my point of view, if you want to put it in the Official repo, I would create a separate branch for that.

- DejaVu - 2011-07-04

I may not have done that on purpose, I'm going to have to check now! lol

I did have to change the way some CSS was loaded. The ordered they loaded took preference over the way the CSS reacted. It should now make sure anything loaded from a CustomCSS is not overpowered or ignored.

Quote:This pull request can not be automatically merged.
Sad

Pulled my changes back now. Going to merge the Patch, then rethink what and why I did what I did.
I'm trying to pull information from the already made CSS's to integrate with styling the Nav Menu colors... Need to sort this CSS business out though. Feels messy to me. I've a bit of OCD! Smile

I had sorted it, but it broke some bits somehow.

I'm still not sure how to branch off from a Repo - I'm guessing that is commandline to do so yes?

- gugahoi - 2011-07-05

DejaVu Wrote:I may not have done that on purpose, I'm going to have to check now! lol

I did have to change the way some CSS was loaded. The ordered they loaded took preference over the way the CSS reacted. It should now make sure anything loaded from a CustomCSS is not overpowered or ignored.

Sad

Pulled my changes back now. Going to merge the Patch, then rethink what and why I did what I did.
I'm trying to pull information from the already made CSS's to integrate with styling the Nav Menu colors... Need to sort this CSS business out though. Feels messy to me. I've a bit of OCD! Smile

I had sorted it, but it broke some bits somehow.

I'm still not sure how to branch off from a Repo - I'm guessing that is commandline to do so yes?

Ye it is command line, but I use SmartGIT and I can branch from the GUI with a couple of clicks. So I can't really help you with the command line. Sorry

- DPickles - 2011-07-05

i think we need to pull all the css tags being used into a single css file and comment and group the hell out of it. I might start doing this myself if i can find some time.

- _Mikie_ - 2011-07-05

DPickles Wrote:i think we need to pull all the css tags being used into a single css file and comment and group the hell out of it. I might start doing this myself if i can find some time.

Sounds good. If possible I think that the widths of the columns should be in there own file and then we can link to that like the config is linked to for easy editing?

- DPickles - 2011-07-05

_Mikie_ Wrote:Sounds good. If possible I think that the widths of the columns should be in there own file and then we can link to that like the config is linked to for easy editing?

That's fairly easy, I included them at the very begining pf my css theme. So if you're happy with the default "theme" but just want to change the column widths you just need to put the code into it's own css file and have mfp link to that in the config.

Code:
/*Start Columns*/

#main .section {
    float: left;
    min-height: 400px;
    height: auto !important;
    }

#main #section1 {
    width: 25% !important;
    }

#main #section2 {
    }

#main #section3 {
    }

#main #section4 {
    }

/*End Columns */

- steve1977 - 2011-07-05

DejaVu Wrote:Found it. See what you mean. I changed that into SubSonic's URL Variable now...

BTW -

The subsonic integration looks awesome!!! Two questions:

1) Would it be possible to integrate subsonic into the mobile app that I can use it on ipad and android phone?
2) Would it be possible to initiate subsonic-streaming directly from the XBMC library instead of the subsonic interface?

- Archigos - 2011-07-05

steve1977 Wrote:The subsonic integration looks awesome!!! Two questions:

1) Would it be possible to integrate subsonic into the mobile app that I can use it on ipad and android phone?
2) Would it be possible to initiate subsonic-streaming directly from the XBMC library instead of the subsonic interface?

As for #1, I can take a look at that since I'm still writing an iPad specific mobile interface, but things are getting a little delayed since there's a high probability I'm going to be stuck in the hospital for the next few days and they'll let me bring my iPad but not my laptop. Sad

I hope I can hack their Wifi and be able to connect to my network so I can at least attempt to do some work. I'll give updates once I know if they're keeping me or letting me go this time. (I hate these bastards)

Oh, and #2, no idea, they can try if they want, but I'm not going to touch that one as I'll probably end up breaking things too much.

- Robotica - 2011-07-05

Hi guys, I think you missed my comment. Maybe it is useful.

Robotica Wrote:Works great for me! One thing what I noticed, is that before setting the config files all the widget were full with errors. Those errors cross the widget borders since they are big strings.

I think a check if there are values in the config files and if not >>don't execute the code. Would make it a little more cleaner. A message like: "set up your config file for useful widgets" would do.

And clicking (also before config) the top navigation (sickbeard and the like except mfp logo) create a mess...'

But it's a great project! Thanks for sharing..