Kodi Community Forum
MediaFrontPage - Web interface with widget type architecture to control multiple apps - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: MediaFrontPage - Web interface with widget type architecture to control multiple apps (/showthread.php?tid=83304)

- steve1977 - 2011-07-06

While deja's repo fixed the conf GUI for me, quite a few other things aren't working anymore. My guess is that it is all related to reverse-proxies not properly being supported anymore.

Issue is related to the nav bar - with the new conf-setting in deja's repo, it does not display anymore at all. With the "old" settings, it does work, but the nav bar doesn't show up anymore.

*edited*
Two more things that don't appear ro be working properly:
1) Display of the main menu optimized to reach end of page (where you will now find the sub-nav-bar); for this reason the bottom of the main MFP page does not show up
2) CP logo missing (displaying a "?" instead)

Again, thanks so much for your help!!!

- dr.energy - 2011-07-06

Guys,

Maybe im wrong but on the official repo https://github.com/MediaFrontPage/mediafrontpage the programs.php is missing! Can anyone upload it to this repo?

- DejaVu - 2011-07-06

Official Repo does not use the programs.php. Programs.php was created by me on my Repo to function with the new Nav Bar I've been creating.

- gugahoi - 2011-07-06

dr.energy Wrote:Guys,

Maybe im wrong but on the official repo https://github.com/MediaFrontPage/mediafrontpage the programs.php is missing! Can anyone upload it to this repo?

Why do you need that file on the official?

DejaVu Wrote:@gugahoi (again) -
Any reason why you think the new Nav bar should not live on the Official Master branch of MFP yet? Or is it for 'just incase'?
Also going to find out about more with the removal of the iFrame in the next few days.

I'm actually thinking about our next big thing, which would be making a working settings page to finish up ease of use (even tho I'm quite satisfied with our current config page, it still leaves room for a lot of user error). I'm not entirely sure how easy it would be to convert the two existent solutions to this new nav. It was a fairly big change. Because of that, I'd prefer if we stayed with the official the way it is for now. Another thing that has bugged me, however easy would be to fix, is that some links do not load up "in" mfp anymore because they are not two separate frames. I already know of a few possible fixes but that was a big feature for me that is missing. Furthermore, the iframe page will have to be expanded significantly for it to be really functional.

As I said, I already have ideas to fix the things I mentioned, but I am thinking a bit ahead. Seeing as such big change affects my planning and "vision" for mfp a lot. I'll need to stop and rethink about a few planned features and of ways to tackle it. And if not possible, we might have to weight the pros and cons of future features to see if it is even worth implementing them.

- steve1977 - 2011-07-06

One more question / request - I just added subsonic to my navbar, but figured it is not properly working when using as part of MFP. As subsonic is working for me when pulled directly, it may be something triggered by MFP.

When pulling up subsonic in MFP, it does not display all frames. It cuts the upper frame, the left frame and the lower frame. This has no impact on videos, but stops music from running properly. Anyone using subsonic through MFP and has it working?

- DejaVu - 2011-07-06

I'm using it and it shows up correctly. What Screen resolution you using?
What do you have in your Config.php file?

The only problems I'm having is the transcoding is not working correctly.

- steve1977 - 2011-07-06

DejaVu Wrote:I'm using it and it shows up correctly. What Screen resolution you using?
What do you have in your Config.php file?

The only problems I'm having is the transcoding is not working correctly.

Thanks, I am on 1280*800. Also, to be more precise, it still does what it is supposed to do on "first click" (which can result in something you have, but then I go to the main frame when clicking on something (like a specific artist). Also, even in the main frame, I cannot actually play music. Interesting enough, my issue is only relevant for music, not videos. For videos, it also goes to the main frame only, but at least I can play the video from the main frame....

Transcoding of videos appear to be working for me though?!

- Archigos - 2011-07-07

steve1977 Wrote:Thanks, I am on 1280*800. Also, to be more precise, it still does what it is supposed to do on "first click" (which can result in something you have, but then I go to the main frame when clicking on something (like a specific artist). Also, even in the main frame, I cannot actually play music. Interesting enough, my issue is only relevant for music, not videos. For videos, it also goes to the main frame only, but at least I can play the video from the main frame....

Transcoding of videos appear to be working for me though?!

Your SubSonic issue isn't with MFP in this case. When I view SubSonic on my laptop (1366x768) I get all thee frames but it's slightly squished. Changing to your resolution just doesn't offer anything wide enough to accommodate it correctly. In your case due to resolution you may want to have SubSonic open in a secondary tab/window.

Update on my mediafrontpage status. - MarkHT - 2011-07-07

So all was working great this morning. But i went to watch a movie using mediafrontpage, by pressing "play". But got nothing playing on my xbmc-HTPC. no biggy tho i have a harmony remote for that. Once i got my movie playing tho, open up mediafrontpage and the video just starts dropping frames and audio is still fine and playing. a few seconds go by frames dropping galore, then all of a sudden the video speeds up and video is synced up with the audio and all is fine.

this happens any time i click refresh on the browser while viewing mediafrontpage. this just could not work, i cant have my htpc glitching out each time i wanna check MFG. So i deleted uniserver and MFG from the windows 7 HTPC.

I have a ds211+, i tried at first to get MFG running on it but ran into some road blocks i assumed. So i went onto installing XAMPP and then Uniserver to finally see some results and start using MFG. Well the above happened, and i went back to the diskstation. well iam glad i did, bc all i had to do was a few file name changes and i was cooking again. Plus no more dropped frames while watching videos on my xbmc-HTPC's.

anyone else ever had a crazy MFG experience like that? probably not, just glad i got this working. now i just need to figure out how yall get those cool icons on your tabs or w/e. lol

- steve1977 - 2011-07-07

Archigos Wrote:Your SubSonic issue isn't with MFP in this case. When I view SubSonic on my laptop (1366x768) I get all thee frames but it's slightly squished. Changing to your resolution just doesn't offer anything wide enough to accommodate it correctly. In your case due to resolution you may want to have SubSonic open in a secondary tab/window.

Thanks for your help! I would be surprised if this is resolution driven. I changed my resolution to 800x600 and it still works without MFP. Also, MFP only decrease height (and not width) and my height resolution is higher than yours (800 versus 768). Don't want to make any conclusions based on this, but it would surprise me if the screen resolution is the issue.

One question of interest to me: has anyone got subsonic working as "part" of MFP with the official repo or "only" with dejavu's repo. Unfortunately, I cannot use dejavu's repo for testing as it doesn't fully support reverse-proxies at this point of time.

Any thoughts?

- Archigos - 2011-07-07

MarkHT Wrote:So all was working great this morning. But i went to watch a movie using mediafrontpage, by pressing "play". But got nothing playing on my xbmc-HTPC. no biggy tho i have a harmony remote for that. Once i got my movie playing tho, open up mediafrontpage and the video just starts dropping frames and audio is still fine and playing. a few seconds go by frames dropping galore, then all of a sudden the video speeds up and video is synced up with the audio and all is fine.

I've been having a similar issue with the frame rates, out of sync with stutter, then video playing catch up... As far as I can tell, I've traced it back to one of the freakin' Windows Updates that screwed with something. Glad you were able to change stuff around and fix it.

After I finish my extended 'vacation' (in the hospital) I'm going to do a complete overhaul on my HTPC, Laptop, and hell, pretty much all systems in the house.

@steve1977
I apologize for the bad advice on this one... I tried opening SubSonic in the following four ways with these results:
SubSonic 'in' MFP (1366x768) = Fine
SubSonic 'in' MFP (lower res) = missing frames
On it's own (1366) = Fine
On it's own (lower) = had 'issues'
That's why I assumed it wasn't MFP's fault. (Might be some other issue on my test system). As far as having SubSonic work with the main Repo, have you tried to just create a link for it in the standard Nav (just by IPTongueort or whatever your RP-Call is)?

--Side Note for Guga, Deja, whoever--
Do you know of a way I can scrap my current Repo and grab a fresh copy from Deja's Repo (I don't want any of my current changes included in the fresh copy). That way after I redo the computers I can do a better job with commits, comments, etc. on there... (I'm going to do a lot of reading over the next few days).

- DejaVu - 2011-07-07

Go here -
https://github.com/Archigos/mediafrontpage

Click 'Admin',

Scroll to the Bottom under Danger Zone.

Click Delete this Repository.

Once you have, wait about an hour for the Github Servers to catch up. Then just refork.

Least thats what I did. You could go back in time (the first commit you forked from), but thats a little harder to explain, especially if your using Git in Windows. Smile

- steve1977 - 2011-07-07

Archigos Wrote:@steve1977
I apologize for the bad advice on this one... I tried opening SubSonic in the following four ways with these results:
SubSonic 'in' MFP (1366x768) = Fine
SubSonic 'in' MFP (lower res) = missing frames
On it's own (1366) = Fine
On it's own (lower) = had 'issues'
That's why I assumed it wasn't MFP's fault. (Might be some other issue on my test system). As far as having SubSonic work with the main Repo, have you tried to just create a link for it in the standard Nav (just by IPTongueort or whatever your RP-Call is)?

No need to apologize, your advice can very well be correct and in any case is highly appreciated!!! Thank you!

I tried with a link over the standard repo, but with no success. So, it should not be caused by the reverse-proxy. Maybe, it is indeed the resolution. Still don't understand why, but maybe that's it. Let me try on another computer with higher resolution...

*** UPDATE *** it is not related to the resolution. I have tested on a 27" screen with some ridiculously high resolution and the issue remains. Also, tried both Chrome, Safari and IExplorer without success.

Any other thoughts welcome!

- Archigos - 2011-07-07

DejaVu Wrote:Click Delete this Repository.

I saw that option but figured it'd kill all the crap I've written for the Wiki on there, which I plan on moving to the main repo anyway so I guess it's fine... I just have to remember to grab a copy of that before it goes bye-bye.

- Avigrace - 2011-07-07

About the links you can have at the top of the page, how can I get it to open inside the MFP frame and not in a new page?