Kodi Community Forum
MediaFrontPage - Web interface with widget type architecture to control multiple apps - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: MediaFrontPage - Web interface with widget type architecture to control multiple apps (/showthread.php?tid=83304)

- guy_smiley:) - 2011-07-10

guy_smiley:) Wrote:Will try a new modem when I get home from work on Wednesday... unless anyone can think of anything else, maybe a proxy or something webserver based?

Ok, I definitely think it's the router now. I changed my GLOBAL_IP to localhost and it works fully on my local server. On the external it loads everything except the displays for ComingEpisodes widget, they point to localhost instead of the proper external.

- chrisuk11 - 2011-07-10

Hi,
Rebooted PC and now the webpage will not diplay? Not even the admin control.

Using Uniserver. I have started the application (icon appears in taskbar)

Start all services. navigate to localhost - nothing.
Double click the icon (fpr the admin) nothing.

Closed it down, restarted it £run as administrator" still nothing?

Yet it was running fine yesterday as soon as I instaled it?

- Using Windows 7
- I think if I re-installed it all again, it would work. But obviously don't want to keep doing this each time I reboot

- DPickles - 2011-07-10

Archigos Wrote:I tried this for the hell of it, but it ended up doing what I thought, rebooted the computer and not just XBMC Sad

==
By the way, they let me out of the hospital about 6 hours ago... feels good to be home, but wish they gave me more pain killers.

Whoops. My bad. I just assumed that was what they wanted. I'm going to use it anyway. Should come in handy on my live installation.

- guy_smiley:) - 2011-07-10

I got it!
I added my dyndns.com address into the hosts file to point back to 127.0.0.1 and restarted networking. All of a sudden absolutely everything is working!

Thanks to all those helping me along the way, the help was much appreciated!! Big Grin

- DejaVu - 2011-07-10

gugahoi Wrote:Thanks, it's virtually ready. There's only one thing I haven't been able to figure out, other than being messy as hell that is.
Had a little go at improving the look. Going to style text inputs to make them look nicer next. Smile

DejaVu Wrote:I know it's still WIP. But I just tried to integrate it into my Repo with the Nav Menu - skinning the Settings page was pretty easy, and everything seemed to work fine. The only thing I think it needs to do (if possible) is reload the page after Saving (perhaps a timeout of 5 seconds or a alert box that refreshes like mfpedit.php).
This is what happens when clicking save though. If an alert box saying Settings Saved appears and refreshes once clicked, I think it will fix it.

--EDIT--
All images associated to the settings page have not been uploaded.

- LiLChris - 2011-07-10

Archigos Wrote:I tried this for the hell of it, but it ended up doing what I thought, rebooted the computer and not just XBMC Sad

DPickles Wrote:Whoops. My bad. I just assumed that was what they wanted. I'm going to use it anyway. Should come in handy on my live installation.

Yea I figured that was going to happen, didn't try it since I saw your reply. Big Grin

gugahoi Wrote:That was my bad, sorry!

:p

- DejaVu - 2011-07-10

Been playing with your settings page Gugahoi and adding it into my Nav Bar branch on my Repo (hope that's OK).

So far it's coming on a bundle and looks the BOMB!

Just have to keep an eye out for further development and hopefully, be able to understand it.

Oh. I changed the API fields into Password Type so they are masked! Wink

YouTube video of it coming shortly.

- DejaVu - 2011-07-10

Here it is -
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q2qNLeGKRr8

- gugahoi - 2011-07-11

DejaVu Wrote:Been playing with your settings page Gugahoi and adding it into my Nav Bar branch on my Repo (hope that's OK).

So far it's coming on a bundle and looks the BOMB!

Just have to keep an eye out for further development and hopefully, be able to understand it.

Oh. I changed the API fields into Password Type so they are masked! Wink

YouTube video of it coming shortly.

I quite like it. I was thinking of skinning like in the database branch tho. This looks pretty good, but I still want to take some stuff from the database branch. Have you uploaded this anywhere?

- DejaVu - 2011-07-11

I have not added it anywhere yet.

Here is the mfp folder zipped up with the edits. I'm not going to add it to my Repo yet.

- gugahoi - 2011-07-11

DejaVu Wrote:I have not added it anywhere yet.

Here is the mfp folder zipped up with the edits. I'm not going to add it to my Repo yet.

DUDE! I loved the CSS Mods page. Genius.

- DejaVu - 2011-07-11

Not bad is it.
Simply, yet simple! Smile

- gugahoi - 2011-07-11

DejaVu Wrote:Not bad is it.
Simply, yet simple! Smile

I've implemented the MFP theme from your version. One problem came up tho: there are too many sections to fit in the page so my solution was to get the programs and make a dock. It looks like this:

I want to get it in the page "frame" but can't do it for some reason. If you can find another alternative over a dock let me know...

This is virtually it. Everything seems to work. All settings. Have to improve some things still but this is fully functional. We only have to add some info about the settings on each section and perfect some other things. But I believe this is 99% ready. What do you think?

I'll also have to write some kind of instructions for developers that may want to make new widgets on how to use the settings to implement it in 'cause it's quite messy now.

- rflores2323 - 2011-07-11

Ok I got the stable MFP from this repo (https://github.com/MediaFrontPage/mediafrontpage.git) however I would like the latest one with all the goodies. What repo is that?

I also installed Dejavu repo and like his layout.. great job. One thing... when I go to a site like sickbeard or couch potato the nagivation panel dissapears and I have to use the back button to go back to the MFP page. Shouldnt the top nagivation panel stay?

I like the dock idea ^ also. what repo is that in?

I am missing however the picture for sickbeard on the navigation panel for dejavu mod. How can I fix this?

- _Mikie_ - 2011-07-11

Its the INI Branch.

GORGEOUS! Couple small things I picked up.

1. Turn widgets on/off in settings
2. Ability to make system widget a custom length easily.
3. For the HDD widget have it so you don't need the : So instead of E: just E
4. When you click continue after the server checks go straight to config not to the home page.
5. Can't get global IP to work. Maybe me? EDIT: Unless global IP doesn't affect navbar?

Also if you add an IP does it overwrite Global IP? If yes then I don't think you should put default as localhost as this messes everything up because you don't realize you need to delete them when you add global ip.

6. Instead of dock. Under Global have a menu down the left which has main and then each of the other services.