Kodi Community Forum
MediaFrontPage - Web interface with widget type architecture to control multiple apps - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: MediaFrontPage - Web interface with widget type architecture to control multiple apps (/showthread.php?tid=83304)

- DejaVu - 2011-07-14

I just made a BIG update on my Repo and now have it all working a treat with my Navbar - I also removed quite a few unnecessary files - including, I'm pleased to say - mediafrontpage.php!

I liked it that much I merged to 'master' is. Big Grin

http://www.github.com/DejaVu77/Mediafrontpage/

Let me know what you guys think.

One thing I need to solve is the cropping of the bottom of the widgets that the footer does - but it's been giving me headaches for days, so I just left it for now.

It automatically sends you to the Settings Page once the chmodding is done and seems perfect, so long as you know your settings.

- gugahoi - 2011-07-14

DejaVu Wrote:I just made a BIG update on my Repo and now have it all working a treat with my Navbar - I also removed quite a few unnecessary files - including, I'm pleased to say - mediafrontpage.php!

I liked it that much I merged to 'master' is. Big Grin

http://www.github.com/DejaVu77/Mediafrontpage/

Let me know what you guys think.

One thing I need to solve is the cropping of the bottom of the widgets that the footer does - but it's been giving me headaches for days, so I just left it for now.

It automatically sends you to the Settings Page once the chmodding is done and seems perfect, so long as you know your settings.

That's awesome deja, but I hate to break this to you. There is still a big big bug in my settings page which I'm trying to fix. When saving Subnav with 0 links (do not want it anymore) the config.ini goes crazy and breaks everything.

- LiLChris - 2011-07-14

Just tried it DejaVu, and my first and only gripe was that in the control widget it says XBMC but it actually shutdowns your PC, I think you should change the link title. :p
Everything else looks great!

Actually bumped into a problem, it keeps saying "empty titles break MFP" even though I actually have a title. O.o

- _Mikie_ - 2011-07-14

Zenshi Wrote:Hey guys,

Just a quick question, is it possible, or will it ever be, to open a widget when you click on a link?

I ask this because i'm developing a php/mysql script that loads the information of the movies/tv shows/music from the mysql database and would be nice to be able to integrate it with mfp.

Cheers,

Zenshi.

I don't quite understand what you mean when you say open a widget when you click on a link?

You can have a widget in mfp with a search box that you can search for the movie and then it displays that information within that same widget.

- gugahoi - 2011-07-14

LiLChris Wrote:Just tried it DejaVu, and my first and only gripe was that in the control widget it says XBMC but it actually shutdowns your PC, I think you should change the link title. :p
Everything else looks great!

Actually bumped into a problem, it keeps saying "empty titles break MFP" even though I actually have a title. O.o

Ye. That's one of the problems. I'm still fixing things. The settings page is definitely not ready yet.

- gugahoi - 2011-07-14

_Mikie_ Wrote:I don't quite understand what you mean when you say open a widget when you click on a link?

You can have a widget in mfp with a search box that you can search for the movie and then it displays that information within that same widget.

I don't understand what you mean either.

- DejaVu - 2011-07-14

gugahoi Wrote:When saving Subnav with 0 links (do not want it anymore) the config.ini goes crazy and breaks everything.

I never noticed that as my SubNav is at the bottom of the page and is not too intrusive, that being said, it will not let me delete the last entry in the settings page anyway. Is that something you did to try to rectify it?

Deleting the entry manually from config.ini removed the SubNav fine here.

One thing I managed to do was screw it up saving one, and the config.ini was full of 'arrays'. Cannot recreate this ATM.

As for the reoccurring save errors, I was hoping that was an easy fix.
It just seems like too many requests are being sent, could they just not be suppressed somehow?

I'm going to make a youtube video of setting mine up and you can see what I mean.

There you go - on XBMCLive accessed by Windows 7.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_H7NlRX2jiI

- gugahoi - 2011-07-14

DejaVu Wrote:I never noticed that as my SubNav is at the bottom of the page and is not too intrusive, that being said, it will not let me delete the last entry in the settings page anyway. Is that something you did to try to rectify it?

No really, it was just a bug in my JS function which I already fixed, but it breaks things when saving.

Quote:Deleting the entry manually from config.ini removed the SubNav fine here.
Ye editing it manually will always work fine.

Quote:One thing I managed to do was screw it up saving one, and the config.ini was full of 'arrays'. Cannot recreate this ATM.

Ye, I've seen that one happening a few times. Still trying to find a fix.

Quote:As for the reoccurring save errors, I was hoping that was an easy fix.
It just seems like too many requests are being sent, could they just not be suppressed somehow?

Ye don't worry about those. That's just me trying to get some feedback from javascript.

Quote:I'm going to make a youtube video of setting mine up and you can see what I mean.

There you go - on XBMCLive accessed by Windows 7.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_H7NlRX2jiI

Just watched the video. Ye, the version you have of the settings page is definitely not very good. I've been making quite a few changes. The annoying alerts don't come up as often anymore. Only "settings saved" or "error: description of the error" which I think is a bit more helpful. I'm still having problems with a few things but all in all I still think this is easier than editing the php file. In a couple of weeks I expect it to be quite polished and possibly ready.

I've been thinking about the alerts tho. They get annoying because there are so many sections to save. Maybe we can find another system to give feedback about the saving actions. What do you think?

Also, in regards to reloading, the code is mostly there already. Just have a look in the onclick function for the save button on the Nav section. It's just that I was reloading the frame where the Nav was in the "frameset" version but in your version you can just run a window.reload or something and it will work fine.

Try and update my latest couple of commits to your repo if you want, but know that I've been changing it a lot so it may not be worth it yet. You might want to wait for my next push tomorrow or the day after. I'm commenting the code to make it easier to understand. I have also noticed your servecheck is a bit different. Have you updated it? If not, get the one I've made which already ensures a copy from default-config.INI is made and not PHP.

- Dougedey - 2011-07-15

OK, I resynched with your repo, deja vu, the now playing widget still seems to be going to /fanart to get the thumbnail (when it doesn't exist), it also doesn't show the synopsis.

- steve1977 - 2011-07-15

@ dejavu, thanks for the fantastic work, very great!!! Was curious whether you are planning to get reverse-proxies working with your repo as well. From what I observe, it is broken since introduction of program.php.

Thanks in advance!!!

- Dougedey - 2011-07-15

@ dejavu: I changed wNowPlaying.php so the thumbnail check became this

PHP Code:
if (!empty($items['thumbnail'])) {

$thumb $items['thumbnail'];
                        } else {
                                if(!empty(
$items['fanart'])){  

$handle = @fopen($items['fanart'],'r');
                                if(
$handle !== false){

$thumb $items['fanart']; 
                                }
                                }
                        } 

Basically I check to see if the fanart can be opened, if it can't it falls back to the standard image

- DejaVu - 2011-07-15

@Dougedey.
I'm not even sure why the problems started with wNowPlaying.php, this must have something to with being a slightly older repo. Last mention of any changes to it was by SleepyP a little while back. I have not made any changes to it and is should still work as the Official Repo does. I'm now wondering if the INI Branch has an older version of some of the widgets in it.

@steve1977.
All programs.php does is resolve the variables from within the config file and adds an iFrame around it. Once Reverse proxies are sorted on the INI Branch, I'm certain they'll work with my Nav Menu and programs.php. Although instead of calling by set variables, I'm hoping it will read from the array directly (still learning!) Big Grin

All my Repo really is, is a slightly different look of the great work Gugahoi is putting together and I take nothing away from the huge amount of work he's doing/done for this project.

The only big difference is the Navigation as I loathe Frames (iFrames arent to bad and still have their uses - although they are 'deprecated' apparently).

I'm still very much a n00b, but I am spending 4+ hours a day on this trying to make it look right and learning as much as I can. I am a determined little f%$^er sometimes! Wink

- steve1977 - 2011-07-15

DejaVu Wrote:@steve1977.
All programs.php does is resolve the variables from within the config file and adds an iFrame around it. Once Reverse proxies are sorted on the INI Branch, I'm certain they'll work with my Nav Menu and programs.php.

Thanks, sounds promising. I tried your repo before config.ini existed and it didn't work with reverse-proxy. It didn't pull it from the navbar properly and just returned site-not-found error. There was someone else reporting same issue back then.

But let me give it a try with the latest repo to see wheter this may work again now.

Separate question (seeing that you are using subsonic) - did you succeed to play music "underneath" your navbar? In other words, does subsonic fully work if you do not open it in a new window/tab, but as part of MFP?

- DejaVu - 2011-07-15

I've just finished adding in the SubSonic support into the INI version on my Repo and so far it's working a treat.

I'm yet to add Music to it, but I cannot see how it's not going to work.

Due to recent comments, I'm going to thoroughly test it before adding it to my Repo.

- steve1977 - 2011-07-15

DejaVu Wrote:@steve1977.
All programs.php does is resolve the variables from within the config file and adds an iFrame around it. Once Reverse proxies are sorted on the INI Branch, I'm certain they'll work with my Nav Menu and programs.php. Although instead of calling by set variables, I'm hoping it will read from the array directly (still learning!) Big Grin

Thanks again. Gave it a try with your latest repo, but reverse proxy do not appear to be working yet. The relevant parts of the new config.ini look as follows. Any thoughts whether / what I am doing wrong:

[GLOBAL]
ENABLED = "true"
URL = "my-URL"
AUTHENTICATION = "true"
USERNAME = "my-reverse-proxy-ID"
PASSWORD = "my-reverse-proxy-PW"
[WEBROOT]
ENABLED = "true"
XBMC = "/xbmc"
SICKBEARD = "/TV"
COUCHPOTATO = "/CP"
SABNZBD = "/sabnzbd"