Kodi Community Forum
MediaFrontPage - Web interface with widget type architecture to control multiple apps - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: MediaFrontPage - Web interface with widget type architecture to control multiple apps (/showthread.php?tid=83304)

- steve1977 - 2011-07-19

DejaVu Wrote:I'm not to sure about this, I personally prefer the footer to lay right across the bottom, but this maybe an option if I cannot get it 'overflow' the content.

Actually you may be the right, it indeed looks better to have a footer.

One other thought - currently, MFP is designed to fit on the screen on screen resolution 1280x800 without scrolling. This assumes using one "long" widget per column (e.g., coming episodes) and using Chrome at 100%. This is actually quite cool and I didn't have the widget page to scroll at all. With the subnavbar, I now have to scroll by a little bit (only very little). Would it be possible to adjust the widgets (such as coming episodes) to make them a bit shorter to allow without scrolling with the slightly longer new navbar and the subnavbar?

DejaVu Wrote:My other idea was to make the footer thinner - I was going to make it so it's just the height of the letters - or even remove the background completely and have it transparent.

Idea's I'm still playing with. Wink

Sounds cool, have full trust that you come up with something cool :-)

- DejaVu - 2011-07-19

steve1977 Wrote:Actually you may be the right, it indeed looks better to have a footer.

One other thought - currently, MFP is designed to fit on the screen on screen resolution 1280x800 without scrolling.
Designed the same for all resolutions - mine does the same thing on 1680x1050. Wink

steve1977 Wrote:This assumes using one "long" widget per column (e.g., coming episodes) and using Chrome at 100%. This is actually quite cool and I didn't have the widget page to scroll at all. With the subnavbar, I now have to scroll by a little bit (only very little). Would it be possible to adjust the widgets (such as coming episodes) to make them a bit shorter to allow without scrolling with the slightly longer new navbar and the subnavbar?
I've been trying to workout which part this is that does it.
I've messed with widget.css, front.css and footer.css trying to workout how to make the widget part slightly smaller, changing the obvious settings does nothing, so I think it is a combination of things. The looking at the CSS overall is confusing, individually is pretty straight forward. This is why I suggested consolidation them all - but turns out it's more work than it's worth and not recommended. Some of the settings, where things have been moved about, are no longer required too!

I'm hopefully going to go through the lot and try to explain what every setting does (Wish me luck!) Big Grin

We need someone with awesome CSS skills to take a look and try and work out what is what - but it's not easy!

- steve1977 - 2011-07-19

DejaVu Wrote:Designed the same for all resolutions - mine does the same thing on 1680x1050. Wink

This is very cool!!!

DejaVu Wrote:I've been trying to workout which part this is that does it.

Does what? You mean the need to scroll since subnav got introduced?

DejaVu Wrote:We need someone with awesome CSS skills to take a look and try and work out what is what - but it's not easy!

Fingers crossed. Thanks!!!

- DejaVu - 2011-07-19

steve1977 Wrote:Does what? You mean the need to scroll since subnav got introduced?

Yes.

Looking into it just now, it seems as though it's the ComingEpisode is doing this (if it's the only widget towards the bottom).

I've managed to get it working right, but this does depend on your resolution I think.

I changed this in /css/comingepisdoes.css (around line 138) -
Code:
    #main #wComingEpisodes.widget .widget-content {
        max-height:96%;

to
Code:
    #main #wComingEpisodes.widget .widget-content {
        max-height:92%;
and it no longder scrolls for me. Mess with that setting to get it just right.

- rflores2323 - 2011-07-19

Hey I just noticed on the front page the below commands

Quote:8 - Sickbeard image cache to speed up image loading times.

a) Create a folder named sbpcache

sudo mkdir /var/www/sbpcache

b) Give MFP write permissions to the Cache folder

sudo chmod 777 /var/www/spbcache

looks like the last command its mispelled in bold and should be sbpcache. just thought you should know incase someone wants to update the front post. I checked the git page its it correct on there.

- _Mikie_ - 2011-07-19

steve1977 Wrote:Wow, this is awesome. The slow-loading comingepisodes was bogging me quite a bit. Fantastic to see this solved. Thank you guys!!!

Is this change to comingepisodes in any repo yet? Also, have seen that quite a bit has been added back to the main master repo. Would you suggest to use this these days? Is dejavu's navbar now part of the official repo as well?

One last feature request - would it be possible to have the subnavbar transparent for the areas that are not used with buttons?

Thanks in advance. This looks like you guys are getting close to a RC?

Unfortunately even thought it was fixed for me on my windows box it broke for DejaVu and gugahoi on linux and mac.. Will have to re look at it at some stage..

- DejaVu - 2011-07-19

It was corrected before, but I've gone back in time since as I had to revert the Repo. Am working on a full Readme.md for my Repo at the moment.

It will explain everything - hopefully.

I'm also going to make the sbpcache folder part of the install - although, I have never seen any images actually go in there! lol

- Archigos - 2011-07-20

I've been trying to write a few new widgets, mostly for personal use, but at least one I was going to add to my repo when I finish, but I'm having an issue. The widget needs a few variables from the config.php to ease the end user and the pre-existing ones seem to work fine, I added a new one to the config and no matter how many times I flush my browser cache and reload it will not except it, so that part appears broken.

Any ideas so I don't have to switch back to the second half being a hardcoded URL?

- DejaVu - 2011-07-20

I saw something today, that really impressed me and the cogs started turning, so simple, yet effective...

What about this for an idea -
http://www.ormanclark.com/

Can you see where I'm going with it?! Wink

- rflores2323 - 2011-07-20

DejaVu Wrote:I saw something today, that really impressed me and the cogs started turning, so simple, yet effective...

What about this for an idea -
http://www.ormanclark.com/

Can you see where I'm going with it?! Wink

that is pretty cool but I would also suggest a function to turn it off if wanted. Looks awesome though.

Also any word on the mobile application for this?
the layout could really be improved on I think.
also upcoming episodes dont show
there are no other new widgets like trakt

- DejaVu - 2011-07-20

The idea would be to have ALL the programs open all at once and use the Navigation to fly to the Anchors - thus making things work better seeing as they will already load in the background.

The Mobile section has been a little neglected as of late and your right, it could do with a revisit.

I will look into making it look nicer - as for more widgets, I will have to leave that in the hands of the Guru for the time being (til I learn some more PHP!).

- branlr - 2011-07-20

Just a thought--How about a Meebo Bar?

- thezoggy - 2011-07-20

http://cl.ly/3T2U1X2y0O2A3G3P1104

- DejaVu - 2011-07-20

branlr Wrote:Just a thought--How about a Meebo Bar?
Not a bad idea - communication just between MFP Users I gather? Interesting.
thezoggy Wrote:http://cl.ly/3T2U1X2y0O2A3G3P1104
Hey Z, been a while.

What are we looking at there - Seems an API has been added into Sickbeard - not working here on source yet though...!?

Can see that being extremely useful if it is!

- branlr - 2011-07-20

Quote:Not a bad idea - communication just between MFP Users I gather? Interesting.

Yeah, as well as AIM list, Facebook, GTalk, etc.