Kodi Community Forum
MediaFrontPage - Web interface with widget type architecture to control multiple apps - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: MediaFrontPage - Web interface with widget type architecture to control multiple apps (/showthread.php?tid=83304)

- DejaVu - 2011-07-23

Had to resize the widget images.
Hopefully they should now fit inside the widget.

In mine they look swamped by the widget @ 1650x1050.

But lower res's will hopefully look fine. I'd like to resize the images to fit inside the widget box, but for now, it'll do. Smile

--EDIT--
Added the ComingEpisodes edits that Gugahoi has also been working on.

- DejaVu - 2011-07-24

I've just added some things to Control Widget to make it more functional.

Update Video Library
Update Audio Library
Mute XBMC
Quit XBMC
HTPC Suspend
HTPC Hibernate
HTPC Reboot
HTPC Shutdown

All doing what they should.

- Lunatixz - 2011-07-25

Sickbeard coming episodes banners won't show up... any ideas?

- DejaVu - 2011-07-26

Lunatixz Wrote:Sickbeard coming episodes banners won't show up... any ideas?

Post up your config.php or config.ini file and we'll have a look.
Remember to remove your API' and Passwords.

- rflores2323 - 2011-07-26

any news on the mobile section of mfp? was wondering since I want my wife to use it on her iphone but she cant see upcoming episodes or movies/tv that have recently been downloaded, etc..

- DejaVu - 2011-07-26

I've just had a look at the mobile interface and it is pretty simple to understand.

Looking into it, it seems as though the recent (large) update to Coming Episodes when it broke quite badly, is the cause for Upcoming not working in the mobile interface.

The function 'displayComingSoon()' gets called and is reskinned by the simple layout instead.

It's the same with all the widgets, they are called by the function assigned to the widget or the function that displays the information for the widget (set in default-mobileconfig.php).

I managed to get the search Widget to show, but I think, because it has other dependencies elsewhere, it did not work correctly.

This also will cause a problem as far as I can tell with Recent Tv/Movies being part of the same function/file as libXBMCLibrary.php.

I shall continue to investigate and see if I can come up with something.

Another few Commits added to my Repo today - clearing things up - and messing with a few others.
Starting to apply source formatting too - and as much explanations as I can to help others get involved.

- rflores2323 - 2011-07-26

DejaVu Wrote:I've just had a look at the mobile interface and it is pretty simple to understand.

Looking into it, it seems as though the recent (large) update to Coming Episodes when it broke quite badly, is the cause for Upcoming not working in the mobile interface.

The function 'displayComingSoon()' gets called and is reskinned by the simple layout instead.

It's the same with all the widgets, they are called by the function assigned to the widget or the function that displays the information for the widget (set in default-mobileconfig.php).

I managed to get the search Widget to show, but I think, because it has other dependencies elsewhere, it did not work correctly.

This also will cause a problem as far as I can tell with Recent Tv/Movies being part of the same function/file as libXBMCLibrary.php.

I shall continue to investigate and see if I can come up with something.

Another few Commits added to my Repo today - clearing things up - and messing with a few others.
Starting to apply source formatting too - and as much explanations as I can to help others get involved.

thanks soo much for your work on this. Big Grin

- Robotica - 2011-07-26

Today I tried dejavu repo: Great work!! Everything worked OFTB.

I also tested all this without having anything (couchpotato or others) running on my webserver but it is connected to the internet.

Below are mostly small suggestions for better user experience for first time MFP users (who test MFP without setting it up properly).

My suggestions (so those first time users won't get scared):
1> going to CSS mods, the save button is cut in half (in google chrome)
2> e.g. harddrive settings could use an example how to setup for first use.
3> same for message widgets
4> not setting up the widget results in errors within the widgets. those errors look messy (lots of errortext + also outside the widget) and maybe a check could just show: you need to setup this widget. or connection could not be establish. (I reported this earlier and you replied you fixed it. I see some improvements for some widgets but not a complete fix. I added a pic to show what I mean. As you can see the transmission widget solves this by showing a good error with a link to the settings.
4b> RSS feeds do work accept from github. Also see above mentioned screenshot.
5> for consistency: going to config it says settings. Or name them both config or both settings.
6> going to settings, general. it says glogal instead of global.
7> saving settings pops up dialog with "settings saved". but pushing that button more than once shows this message even if the last one didn't fade away. Functional there is no problem but it makes more sense to re-enable the save button after fade-out so this won't happen.
8> configuring nav and subnav bars, can only remove the last entry. Maybe it is easier to do have this option for all entries.
9> maybe "about" (in the settings page) could show a version of MFP.
10>maybe its an idea to add config/settings to each widget header (next to edit) and this would bring you straight to the settings page.

And like rflores2323 says: an (auto) update function would make MFP even better...

but great work. thnx

- DejaVu - 2011-07-27

Robotica Wrote:My suggestions (so those first time users won't get scared):
1> going to CSS mods, the save button is cut in half (in google chrome).

This is usually resolution specific. I'm guessing your using a laptop at something like 1280x800? Can you post an image of this please.

2> e.g. harddrive settings could use an example how to setup for first use.

That is in there as System - /
I could add a couple of others I suppose, but the explanations on each settings page are coming very soon. (as soon as I finish these 'requests'! Wink

EXAMPLES ADDED.

3> same for message widgets

See 2>
EXAMPLES ADDED.

4> not setting up the widget results in errors within the widgets. those errors look messy (lots of errortext + also outside the widget) and maybe a check could just show: you need to setup this widget. or connection could not be establish. (I reported this earlier and you replied you fixed it. I see some improvements for some widgets but not a complete fix. I added a pic to show what I mean. As you can see the transmission widget solves this by showing a good error with a link to the settings.

This completely slipped my mind. I'll get on that now too.
COMPLETE!

4b> RSS feeds do work accept from github. Also see above mentioned screenshot.

I should be able to sort this one out. It's trying to pull from a secure servers RSS and it's not enabled on your server - and is not necessary for MFP, yet.
COMPLETE - I think?

5> for consistency: going to config it says settings. Or name them both config or both settings.

Simple, yet effective - Settings it is. Config has just been inherited from the old version.
COMPLETE.

6> going to settings, general. it says glogal instead of global.

Changed this as I was source formatting.
COMPLETE.

7> saving settings pops up dialog with "settings saved". but pushing that button more than once shows this message even if the last one didn't fade away. Functional there is no problem but it makes more sense to re-enable the save button after fade-out so this won't happen.

More Gugahoi's department - do you mean disable the save button for a period of time until the fade vanishes?

8> configuring nav and subnav bars, can only remove the last entry. Maybe it is easier to do have this option for all entries.

This maybe a little harder to do seeing as it does it in order. I'm not sure if deleting the individual lines is possible with the script we are using. Probably not (Again, Gugahoi's dept! Wink)

9> maybe "about" (in the settings page) could show a version of MFP.

The version information available at the moment would just a commit number if it's made automatic. For the time being we are still at about v0.9 ish... lol.

10>maybe its an idea to add config/settings to each widget header (next to edit) and this would bring you straight to the settings page.

I shall take a look at this and see it is possible to do. I think it may look a bit busy with too much information, perhaps a small cog image that directs you to the settings page... Will brain storm something.

And like rflores2323 says: an (auto) update function would make MFP even better...

This is being looked into as I type this. Growl Notifications has been mentioned. Watch this space.

- Robotica - 2011-07-27

regarding 1:
Yes, I am using 1366x768. But the problem dissapeared...Huh

The rest are small things; I just informed you with what I saw. It's up to you guys...

4b> a quick fix would be to default to a nzbmatrix... Testing this, the mouse-over give a link to the .nfo but I never can tick that.

7> yes, I meant to disable the save button for a period of time until the fade vanishes. see this pic what happens when pushing a few times on save... Not a problem but maybe you can simple improve it.

9> showing any version number (even commits) is easier when supporting. Otherwise ppl say "downloaded last week" or similar. But again, not so important.

A new one:
there is a widget called "control"; I think "Control XBMC" is more to the point.

Thanks for your feedback & success with MFP!

- DejaVu - 2011-07-27

I suppose so, but Control is HTPC Control really.

Update Video Library / Update Audio Library / XBMC Mute Toggle / XBMC Quit / HTPC Reboot / HTPC Shutdown / HTPC Hibernate / HTPC Suspend

Are the standard controls on my repo, but it is capable of more. It's just a case of getting to grips with JSON's API and implementing the required actions.

- thezoggy - 2011-07-27

DejaVu Wrote:I suppose so, but Control is HTPC Control really.

Update Video Library / Update Audio Library / XBMC Mute Toggle / XBMC Quit / HTPC Reboot / HTPC Shutdown / HTPC Hibernate / HTPC Suspend

Are the standard controls on my repo, but it is capable of more. It's just a case of getting to grips with JSON's API and implementing the required actions.

dejavu, you should put your git branch url in your signature so people dont have to hunt through posts to figure it out.

- DejaVu - 2011-07-27

thezoggy Wrote:dejavu, you should put your git branch url in your signature so people dont have to hunt through posts to figure it out.

Done.

- thezoggy - 2011-07-27

DejaVu Wrote:Done.

not sure if you have been following the thread in mediadog, but lad and myself are working on an api for sickbeard. making some decent progress in it. json output. should be good for mfp as you guys can finally get the data properly and do whatever you want with it.. without fear of an update breaking something (unless we change the api)
http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=848365&postcount=130

- DejaVu - 2011-07-27

Just added a few more commits.
I'm finally adding Help sections and Tooltips to the Settings section. Big Grin

thezoggy Wrote:not sure if you have been following the thread in mediadog, but lad and myself are working on an api for sickbeard. making some decent progress in it. json output. should be good for mfp as you guys can finally get the data properly and do whatever you want with it.. without fear of an update breaking something (unless we change the api)
http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=848365&postcount=130
It was noticed a couple of pages back, we asked what the story was, but had no reply.

Is this available as of now then? Can this be used or is stuff still likely to change?

-EDIT--
Just seen your screenshots of the recent updates not added yet. Where are these branches being done?