Kodi Community Forum
MediaFrontPage - Web interface with widget type architecture to control multiple apps - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: MediaFrontPage - Web interface with widget type architecture to control multiple apps (/showthread.php?tid=83304)

- DejaVu - 2011-08-03

Lunatixz Wrote:thank you for the suggestions... I tried them, but now navbar links don't work, and coming eposides don't display at all; where as before they just didn't load the banners...

I have all programs installed on one pc and have no problems accessing them directly using ip or host name...
any help would be great Smile

Can you give this a go for me and tell me what happens. This should work perfectly. Compared to mine, yours is practically the same (apart from the Ports).

Make sure xbmc's user/pass is set if you use them.
http://pastebin.com/dYBX0jTA

If you set it to localhost, it is only available on the computer you have installed it too. If you set it to the host name (ksg-htpc) it should be available from anywhere on your LAN.

- Lunatixz - 2011-08-03

DejaVu Wrote:Can you give this a go for me and tell me what happens. This should work perfectly. Compared to mine, yours is practically the same (apart from the Ports).

Make sure xbmc's user/pass is set if you use them.
http://pastebin.com/dYBX0jTA

If you set it to localhost, it is only available on the computer you have installed it too. If you set it to the host name (ksg-htpc) it should be available from anywhere on your LAN.

Working now... thanks for your help Laugh

- Mar2zz - 2011-08-04

few more issues:
- Back-button in Programs (where ip and user/pass is set) does nothing
- @ first launch in a browser session a popup for sickbeards username/password pops up, also when user/pass is provided in config.ini. Kinda annoying.
- the link to trakt.tv profile page (after trakt.api field) opens in the same tab, which is annoying because the settings will be gone just entered. It also goes to trakt.tv, it should go to http://trakt.tv/settings/api
-when settings/navbar isn't visited yet, but programs is, the links in the /settings/navbar could be taken from programs-settings (in my case all ports are different.
- RSS feeds: Remove removes the entry at the bottom. This could be annoying if you want to delete the middle one (delete from bottom until middle one, recreate all others that were removed and under the middle one. Could you add checkboxes?
- there are white boxes behind the normal ones under control widgets. (see picture).

This is all from a today's clone of gugahoi's repo: MediaFrontPage/mediafrontpage @ github.

- DejaVu - 2011-08-04

I shall clone it now and take a look.

EDIT:
Quote:- Back-button in Programs (where ip and user/pass is set) does nothing

Works for me!? Goes back to the list of programs. It's a simple 'javascript.history.back(-1)' command which is what your browser back button does...! We could make it a link to settings.php#PROGRAMS I guess.

Quote:- @ first launch in a browser session a popup for sickbeards username/password pops up, also when user/pass is provided in config.ini. Kinda annoying.

I cannot recreate this. I have a Username and Password for SB, but I have seen no such pop up and goes straight into SB.

Quote:- the link to trakt.tv profile page (after trakt.api field) opens in the same tab, which is annoying because the settings will be gone just entered. It also goes to trakt.tv, it should go to http://trakt.tv/settings/api

Fixed.

Quote:-when settings/navbar isn't visited yet, but programs is, the links in the /settings/navbar could be taken from programs-settings (in my case all ports are different.

This is because the settings page has been inherited from the original config.php style. This kind of integration is yet to be added/realised.

Quote:- RSS feeds: Remove removes the entry at the bottom. This could be annoying if you want to delete the middle one (delete from bottom until middle one, recreate all others that were removed and under the middle one. Could you add checkboxes?

Mentioned before, from the way it currently works, I'm not sure if it will be easy to change. Gugahoi will probably prove me wrong. This is the same with all the settings BTW.

Quote:- there are white boxes behind the normal ones under control widgets. (see picture).

It's the TEXT box being too large for some resolutions. Same is happening in RSS Feeds (they are overlapping each other).

- That's my input. Now back to my repo. :p
I really should run both of them side by side I think...

- Mar2zz - 2011-08-05

hmm, backbutton and that popup is no issue in chromium. Seems firefox-related on my machine.

Chromium also seems a lot faster when it comes to loading all widgets.

I think I will reinstall firefox (-purge) and try again.

What's the main difference between the 3 repo's? Which is the master repo? Nick8888 has one, which is the original
Gugahoi has one, which seems the original (because of the name)
Dejavu has one, with other functionality?

- gugahoi - 2011-08-05

Mar2zz Wrote:hmm, backbutton and that popup is no issue in chromium. Seems firefox-related on my machine.

Chromium also seems a lot faster when it comes to loading all widgets.

I think I will reinstall firefox (-purge) and try again.

What's the main difference between the 3 repo's? Which is the master repo? Nick8888 has one, which is the original
Gugahoi has one, which seems the original (because of the name)
Dejavu has one, with other functionality?

The "official" is MediaFrontPage.

My repo is under gugahoi/mediafrontpage and I would advise against it for the time being. When new features are ready, I put them up on the official so unless you can live with some bugs or unexpected behaviour, I wouldn't be using mine. And for the past couple of weeks, I've been real busy so not a lot of going on there. What I'm trying to accomplish now is get the update feature working. I think I know how to do it now but I've been running into minor problems.

Deja's repo is with a new navbar system. It does not use frames anymore but that has come at a price for now. It will possibly be merged into the official some time in the future.

Nick8888 repo is very outdated. It is the original but he has not been very active in here or on git. Have not been able to get in contact with him for quite some time.

- Mar2zz - 2011-08-05

Ok, I was using MediaFrontPage repo all along. Will test Deja's also today.

The installation-guide on mediafrontpage.net and github is outdated and also insecure, please change that as soon as possible.
1. Install Apache/PHP/PHP-Curl
sudo apt-get install apache2 php5 php5-curl
2. Clone the Git to the required directory, XBMCLive = /var/www.
sudo git clone git://github.com/mediafrontpage/mediafrontpage.git "/var/www/mediafrontpage"
3. Ensure file permissions allow web server to write to config.ini
sudo chown -R www-data /var/www/mediafrontpage
sudo chmod -R 774 /var/www/mediafrontpage (optional:this is only needed for gitpulls)

- DejaVu - 2011-08-05

I've just tried using the Official and mine in Firefox and your right. The Back button is not working and I'm not sure why.

I'll be changing the link to settings.php?#PROGRAMS to see if that helps.

- Mar2zz - 2011-08-05

Did you also get that annoying popup for sickbeard's password and username on firefox?

Thx for testing btw, saves me the time purging firefox and reinstall/setup all addons I use.

- DejaVu - 2011-08-05

Just tested it in Firefox (5.0.1).

If I have not got the User/Pass set for Sickbeard in settings I get a 401 Not Authorised Error, but I do not get any pop up.

When I add the User/Pass it logs straight in without a popup box. Odd.

Changing the links on my Repo now to settings.php#PROGRAMS to see if it solves that.

:EDIT:
I take that back. I closed FF, then reopened it and the ugly grey login box appeared.
This does not happen in Google Chrome. If the details are wrong you just get a 401. These are more reasons for me to stick with Google Chrome.

- DejaVu - 2011-08-05

Looks like there is somesort of new issue with javascript onclicks in Firefox. I clicked Back once - the URL changes, but the page does not change. Click it again, the Page loads.
Will fix this somehow.

EDIT:
Or maybe not. I've tried all sorts and it's not working.

I know it's not good practice, but if a browser is meant to do one thing and has a completely different reaction - is it not time to drop it? Firefox used to be top of the tree.
I'm not so sure any more. Chrome is on the rise and I can see why.

I mean - even a simple command like onclick="javascript:window.history.back(-1)" not working is ridiculous. 3 clicks and it goes back...!!?

- gugahoi - 2011-08-05

DejaVu Wrote:Looks like there is somesort of new issue with javascript onclicks in Firefox. I clicked Back once - the URL changes, but the page does not change. Click it again, the Page loads.
Will fix this somehow.

EDIT:
Or maybe not. I've tried all sorts and it's not working.

I know it's not good practice, but if a browser is meant to do one thing and has a completely different reaction - is it not time to drop it? Firefox used to be top of the tree.
I'm not so sure any more. Chrome is on the rise and I can see why.

I mean - even a simple command like onclick="javascript:window.history.back(-1)" not working is ridiculous. 3 clicks and it goes back...!!?

Have you tried not using 'javascript:'? onclick is already supposed to be javascript so you shouldn't specify. Also a ; in the end of the javascript code should be necessary... Give that a try and see if it makes a difference because even tho I too am a Chrome adopter, I know firefox is still a pretty good browser and I'm sure it handles this just fine.

- DejaVu - 2011-08-05

So far I've tried...

Code:
javascript:window.history.back(-1)
javascript:window.history.back(0)
javascript:window.history.back()
javascript:history.back(-1)
javascript:history.back(0)
javascript:history.back()
javascript:history.go(-1)
javascript:history.go(0)
javascript:history.go()
window.history.back(-1)
window.history.back(0)
window.history.back()
history.back(-1)
history.back(0)
history.back()
history.go(-1)
history.go(0)
history.go()

I googled this and it does seem like an issue. I thought it should work too.

All had ';' at the end and I also tried adding "return false;" after it too, as per this suggestion. Still broke.

I also tried adding settings.php#PROGRAMS instead. Weirdly, this did not work either!

Do you suppose it could be because the page is not actually changing and it's just navigating around DIV's hence it does not update?
Or Input Buttons being manipulated this way, Firefox doesnt play nicely. Sad

Yet, all of them work spot on in Chrome.

- Mar2zz - 2011-08-05

I have also reports of writable config.ini's that are not created or not changed when using IE9 for first visit or when changing settings.

I do not have a windows-pc, so I can't confirm myself, but on gathering.tweakers.net two guys reported it after installing mediafrontpage to their synology diskstations. In firefox and chrome it worked ok. (so there is an issue too.)

- DejaVu - 2011-08-05

Internet Explorer is not compatible with the Widget functionality and the widget columns do not play nice either. The whole thing looks a complete mess to be honest.

It has not been taken into consideration for this project, to put it bluntly, because it's crap and is not as versatile as the Mozilla/Webkit browsers.

The only advice I can give for this issue - use a grown-up's browser. Wink

I will add similar advice to the MFP Readme file too.