Kodi Community Forum
MediaFrontPage - Web interface with widget type architecture to control multiple apps - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: MediaFrontPage - Web interface with widget type architecture to control multiple apps (/showthread.php?tid=83304)

- DejaVu - 2011-08-10

I'll add an alternative 3 Column widget.css file to my repo this evening. Wink

@ Gugahoi
Can we add a settings that can do some renaming for this to happen in the Settings section?
Perhaps a simple renaming of files?

- _Mikie_ - 2011-08-10

Why not, instead of renaming files which still leaves you stuck with certain setting, rather take the column widths bit out of the current css and make column.css and use the same idea as the .ini files to edit the css from within the settings of MFP? I was going to do it when I had some time but it'll take me much longer to work out how it all works than one of you who have already been working with the settings.

If the css can be edited in this way then it would open possibilities to separate certain widget css's and make them editable so you can edit lengths of widgets etc.

- TheStretchedElf - 2011-08-10

Quote:MediaFrontPage requires an Apache/PHP Webserver to be running on the machine or network and must have PHP Curl configured correctly.
Say what? I can't help wondering if this is the least user accessible supplemental tool I've ever seen. Too much prior knowledge required for noobs like me, unfortunately, which is a shame because it looks quite cool.

- thebusiness - 2011-08-10

gugahoi Wrote:Doesn't sound like a browser issue. Which repo are you running from?

Using this one

http://github.com/DejaVu/Mediafrontpage

Is there more than one repo for this?

- rflores2323 - 2011-08-10

TheStretchedElf Wrote:Say what? I can't help wondering if this is the least user accessible supplemental tool I've ever seen. Too much prior knowledge required for noobs like me, unfortunately, which is a shame because it looks quite cool.

its actually not that bad. I installed LAMPP and then PHP curl (sudo apt-get install php5-curl) it downloaded all the files that I needed to run it.

took a bit of getting used to since on my ubuntu system I didnt have a /var/www as it was under /htdocs but I got it up and running and its great to have everything under one roof. Also showing off the system to friends away from the house is easy aswell. Its worth the effort.

Is this a Linux only thing then?

- rflores2323 - 2011-08-10

TheStretchedElf Wrote:Is this a Linux only thing then?

Oh I thought you were on linux.

rflores2323 Wrote:Oh I thought you were on linux.

Na Win7. Is this Linux only?

- CoinTos - 2011-08-11

TheStretchedElf Wrote:Na Win7. Is this Linux only?
It will run on any operating system that can run a web server with php. So yes it will run on win7, what you need is web server package, the choice is really yours'. A few on here use Uniformserver for windows.

windows/linux - RaNaMaster - 2011-08-11

im going to make it easy for windows users to use MFP download this http://www.speedyshare.com/files/29810312/download/xampplite.zip
and extract it to c:\ after that run C:\xampplite\xampp-control.exe and start the apache server and your good to go in Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome type in http://localhost/ and start configuring MFP easy as that

- DejaVu - 2011-08-11

TheStretchedElf Wrote:Say what? I can't help wondering if this is the least user accessible supplemental tool I've ever seen. Too much prior knowledge required for noobs like me, unfortunately, which is a shame because it looks quite cool.
I was a noob with XBMC/Linux and PHP in May last year. I'd never touched them before. I was even naive to the fact that Windows was the only real Operating System. A year later I have it mastered (although PHP is still a bit challenging).

Quote:the least user accessible supplemental tool
I'm guessing your not running any of the other programs from source...! Laugh

A little reading (and perhaps searching in this huge thread) has managed to get everyone using it. We have tried to make the installation process as simple as possible, with only 2 full time contributors it's doing very well as the 3rd most discussed thread in the Supplemental Forum and 9th most viewed.

Any issues installing it after you've followed the instructions, post in here and someone will help you (as you can see!)

Once you make a start you will realise how daft your post was. Wink

- thebusiness - 2011-08-11

For some reason it does not like

$this->VARS = parse_ini_file( $path, $this->PROCESS_SECTIONS);

- gugahoi - 2011-08-11

thebusiness Wrote:For some reason it does not like

$this->VARS = parse_ini_file( $path, $this->PROCESS_SECTIONS);

What error are you getting exactly?

- thebusiness - 2011-08-11

gugahoi Wrote:What error are you getting exactly?

Warning: parse error in config.ini on line 1 in C:\wamp\www\lib\class.settings.php on line 206

This is all over the place, on a new install, with your distro

- steve1977 - 2011-08-11

DejaVu Wrote:I'm guessing your not running any of the other programs from source...! Laugh

A little reading (and perhaps searching in this huge thread) has managed to get everyone using it. We have tried to make the installation process as simple as possible, with only 2 full time contributors it's doing very well as the 3rd most discussed thread in the Supplemental Forum and 9th most viewed.

Agree with Deja that it is actually trivial to use MFP, definitely not more difficult than CP, SB and the others around. Since the config GUI is there, it is really as easy...

There is one additional piece of complexity, which is causing lots of pain and is a big hurdle, which I am sure prevents many folks to try it out. And this is about installing a web server. Also, XAMPP is not really compatible (and is what many use). Uniform server works out of the office / immediately with Windows, but not sure how easy it is with other OSs...