Kodi Community Forum
MediaFrontPage - Web interface with widget type architecture to control multiple apps - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: MediaFrontPage - Web interface with widget type architecture to control multiple apps (/showthread.php?tid=83304)

- gugahoi - 2011-08-11

thebusiness Wrote:Warning: parse error in config.ini on line 1 in C:\wamp\www\lib\class.settings.php on line 206

This is all over the place, on a new install, with your distro

Hmmm seems like there's an error in the config.ini, I'll take a look. But let me warn you about my repo tho, I've been doing a lot of commits today and some of them might not work. If you want something "guaranteed" working, you probably should use the official one. When I'm finished with a new feature, and I know it's done, I'll add it there.

I can't vouch for Deja's repo, but he has been maintaining it and has had time to keep constant updates. You might want to check it out too. In any case, the error would be related to something in config.ini but I don't see where. Are you able to use MFP at all? Because warnings usually don't break it. IF you are you can go into your PHP.ini file and change the error reporting to not show warnings.

- thebusiness - 2011-08-11

gugahoi Wrote:Hmmm seems like there's an error in the config.ini, I'll take a look. But let me warn you about my repo tho, I've been doing a lot of commits today and some of them might not work. If you want something "guaranteed" working, you probably should use the official one. When I'm finished with a new feature, and I know it's done, I'll add it there.

I can't vouch for Deja's repo, but he has been maintaining it and has had time to keep constant updates. You might want to check it out too. In any case, the error would be related to something in config.ini but I don't see where. Are you able to use MFP at all? Because warnings usually don't break it. IF you are you can go into your PHP.ini file and change the error reporting to not show warnings.

Thats all that shows on the main screen, and I get the same error with deja's

- gugahoi - 2011-08-11

thebusiness Wrote:Thats all that shows on the main screen, and I get the same error with deja's

Oh. Damn. What Web Server are you using? What OS? It seems then that parse_ini_file is not included in your PHP installation or something. Very ODD as it is supposed to be default. Are you even able to go to servercheck.php page? Or does that give you error as well?

gugahoi Wrote:Oh. Damn. What Web Server are you using? What OS? It seems then that parse_ini_file is not included in your PHP installation or something. Very ODD as it is supposed to be default. Are you even able to go to servercheck.php page? Or does that give you error as well?

The server check page has 5 green checks

- steve1977 - 2011-08-11

thebusiness Wrote:The server check page has 5 green checks

What web server are you using. From my experience, uniform server package is the only one that truly worked for MFP. I tried weeks to get XAMPP set up right, but it just didn't properly work for various reasons.

steve1977 Wrote:What web server are you using. From my experience, uniform server package is the only one that truly worked for MFP. I tried weeks to get XAMPP set up right, but it just didn't properly work for various reasons.

Using WAMP
http://www.wampserver.com/en/

It worked fine with the old old version which used the config.php file

- steve1977 - 2011-08-11

thebusiness Wrote:Using WAMP
http://www.wampserver.com/en/

It worked fine with the old old version which used the config.php file

We should probably hear from others whether anyone has succeeded to work with WAMP and the latest release. My guess is that it is related to this. I have spent weeks (if not months) trying to stick to XAMPP. I have done all sort of updates and then sort-of got MFP to work until seeing it break again shortly after. Since moving to Uniformserver, it finally is easy and everything works out of the box (besides some smaller bugs remaining, which the developers are aware of).

- RaNaMaster - 2011-08-11

i uploaded xampp for you guys with mfp just use it. it has mfp loaded all you have to do it download it http://www.speedyshare.com/files/29810312/download/xampplite.zip

steve1977 Wrote:We should probably hear from others whether anyone has succeeded to work with WAMP and the latest release. My guess is that it is related to this. I have spent weeks (if not months) trying to stick to XAMPP. I have done all sort of updates and then sort-of got MFP to work until seeing it break again shortly after. Since moving to Uniformserver, it finally is easy and everything works out of the box (besides some smaller bugs remaining, which the developers are aware of).

- TheStretchedElf - 2011-08-11

DejaVu Wrote:Any issues installing it after you've followed the instructions, post in here and someone will help you (as you can see!)

Once you make a start you will realise how daft your post was. Wink
That's just the thing though. I can't even begin to follow the instructions as there doesn't seem to be any for Windows users. Perhaps for Linux users lines like "SSH into..." and "clone the git" mean something, but I have no idea what they mean. That's why I said too much prior knowledge seemed to be required. Most people expect to install something by running an install programme. Anyway, I will try to follow rana's help when I get back from work later.

- gugahoi - 2011-08-11

TheStretchedElf Wrote:That's just the thing though. I can't even begin to follow the instructions as there doesn't seem to be any for Windows users. Perhaps for Linux users lines like "SSH into..." and "clone the git" mean something, but I have no idea what they mean. That's why I said too much prior knowledge seemed to be required. Most people expect to install something by running an install programme. Anyway, I will try to follow rana's help when I get back from work later.

There are tons of instructions through the thread! I realise it's a huge thread and I don't expect anyone to have to read through all of that. We are also unable to modify the 1st post as Nick has been inaccessible for a very long time! you can always ask if you need help and I'm sure someone around here is gonna help you out.

When I installed it on a Win7 I used XAMPP. To activate cURL and others you can google cause that is not hard. However, The Uniform Server seems to come with everything out of the box, so I would advise that instead. It's just a matter of installing the Web Server and doing a git pull or a regular download in your htdocs or www folder. Not much harder than the programs that are being used by this program in my opinion. If you think there is an easier way, please, I am all ears. Oh and by the way, there is an initial check to check is some of the main components are available otherwise it won't let you go on until you activate them (again, normally a simple google search would do, but you can always ask here). Furthermore Mar22z has implemented MediaFrontPage into his Lazy Admin script which automates the installation of virtually all the programs!

On another news, I believe I have a working auto update page! It is interactive too so it tells you where it fails if it did! I would like for some people to test it for me please cause I've been hard at work at it and I really hope it works for everyone! There are a couple more things that I will update through MFP but if you download from my git for testing, just go to http://your.MFP.url/update.php and it will start the updating progress. Please give me some feedback so I can implement it in the official repo!

- Mar2zz - 2011-08-11

I am sorry to say it doesn't work. Downloading latest version keeps spinning and nothing happens anymore. How can we debug?

(a quick setup for a test-site: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/18712538/Mediafrontpage/gugahoi_test.sh) (wget en sudo chmod +x and ./gugahoi_test.sh) This will install in /var/www/gugahoi.

Do I need extra dependency's?

- gugahoi - 2011-08-11

Mar2zz Wrote:I am sorry to say it doesn't work. Downloading latest version keeps spinning and nothing happens anymore. How can we debug?

(a quick setup for a test-site: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/18712538/Mediafrontpage/gugahoi_test.sh) (wget en sudo chmod +x and ./gugahoi_test.sh) This will install in /var/www/gugahoi.

Do I need extra dependency's?

Really?!?!? I just tested on Ubuntu and on OS X and both worked. You might need to have chmod 777 for the first update so that PHP can create the zip for the download.

And maybe check for the zip extension, but I don't think this is it as I have put code in for that and it would fail when unzipping not when downloading. It could be just a matter of patience as the first one is the download. It should time out after 30 seconds, so it won't stay there forever. You are also on Ubuntu right?

- shadowfighter - 2011-08-11

Hi,

thanks for this great work. As a newby I tried installing and run into some issues. I have Ubuntu with Apache installed. I found that the installation details from the start post are not working anymore. Can you please change that??

Quote:Ubuntu Commandline/XBMCLive

1 - SSH or Telnet into XBMCLive - or simply press CTRL F2 and login with you user details.

2 - Clone the Git to the required directory, XBMCLive = /var/www.

sudo git clone git://github.com/gugahoi/mediafrontpage.git "/var/www"

3 - Open default-config.php with gedit or nano and edit appropriately

sudo nano /var/www/default-config.php

Should this be: default-config.ini and NOT php?

4 - Rename default-config.php to config.php

sudo mv /var/www/default-config.php /var/www/config.php

Should this be: default-config.ini and NOT php?

5 - Rename default-layout.php to layout.php

sudo mv /var/www/default-layout.php /var/www/layout.php

6 - Ensure file permissions allow web server to write to layout.php eg use chmod

sudo chmod 777 /var/www/layout.php

7 - Install PHP-Curl

sudo apt-get install php5-curl

Optional

8 - Sickbeard image cache to speed up image loading times.

a) Create a folder named sbpcache

sudo mkdir /var/www/sbpcache

b) Give MFP write permissions to the Cache folder

sudo chmod 777 /var/www/spbcache

Folder names are not equal? What should someone use (I assume sbpcache)

So some things to add for installing Apache etc on Ubuntu:

1. install Apache

apt-get install apache2

2. install modules for Apache

sudo apt-get install php5 libapache2-mod-php5

So now I was seeing the page with all the options marked green..

However when I clicked Continue, it wasn't continuing... So I renamed the firstcheck.php

Most of the things now work... only sabnzbd is still doesn't show anything..

Any help?

- Mar2zz - 2011-08-11

Omg, I forgot I had noScript enabled... Updating works in Chrome and firefox! chmod 774 is enough.

Strange detail, but no biggie, al text is centered on the page in chrome, and on the left in firefox.

It doesn't update the last updated time >> after update, this is the time of my git pull:
Last Updated Time: 13:59:21 Date: 2011-08-11

And it does the servercheck again after the update.

All files in the folder are updated, but they also become part of the group www-data. Which doesn't break the website or folder, but it changes permissions from their original ownership (mine were all from user www-data and group my username). I have to rechown them to www-data:marsjaco to enable git pulls again.

@shadowfighter...
New installationprocedure (safe and secure)
Code:
sudo apt-get install apache2 php5 php5-curl
git clone https://github.com/MediaFrontPage/mediafrontpage.git
sudo mv mediafrontpage /var/www/mediafrontpage
sudo chown -R www-data /var/www/mediafrontpage

- gugahoi - 2011-08-11

shadowfighter Wrote:Hi,

thanks for this great work. As a newby I tried installing and run into some issues. I have Ubuntu with Apache installed. I found that the installation details from the start post are not working anymore. Can you please change that??

Folder names are not equal? What should someone use (I assume sbpcache)

So some things to add for installing Apache etc on Ubuntu:

1. install Apache

apt-get install apache2

2. install modules for Apache

sudo apt-get install php5 libapache2-mod-php5

So now I was seeing the page with all the options marked green..

However when I clicked Continue, it wasn't continuing... So I renamed the firstcheck.php

Most of the things now work... only sabnzbd is still doesn't show anything..

Any help?

It's true. The first post is outdated! Pretty much all you have to do is install curl and the required modules as you did. After that you can either

chmod -R 777 /var/www/

(this will give full read/write permission in www page and according to Mar2zz should not be done)

Otherwise you can chown to php's user... I forgot which one it is at the moment (www something). If you are on ubuntu, I'd advise you to use Mar2zz Lasi script because it is just incredibly easy!