Kodi Community Forum
MediaFrontPage - Web interface with widget type architecture to control multiple apps - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: MediaFrontPage - Web interface with widget type architecture to control multiple apps (/showthread.php?tid=83304)

- _Mikie_ - 2011-09-01

jaaahaaa Wrote:Start/paus/stop/volume/power/next/prev buttons would be really neat. Then what song is playing. You don't need a squeezebox to check out the software. Install the server and then download squeezeplay (a software player) if you wanna check it out.

I'll look into it. If there's an api for the web interface it shouldn't be too difficult. Smile

No images in coming episodes - Erwin - 2011-09-01

I recently installed mfp on my synology NAS.

I don't see images in the "coming episodes" widget. No banner, and even not the small icons follwing the episode title.
The text shown is OK, although it takes quite long to load it.

Is there anybody who knows were I could start looking to solve this issue ?

PS 1: sickbeard is also installed on the same nas.
PS 2: apache is configured to be able to reach sickbeard through a reverse proxy at http:/mydynamicdomainname/tv/
PS 3: mfp is also setup to reach sickbeard through this reverse proxy

Update:
I found a solution. I changed the global URL in the settings of mfp, i replaced the internal ip address by my ddns domain name.

- Archigos - 2011-09-01

Erwin Wrote:I recently installed mfp on my synology NAS.

I don't see images in the "coming episodes" widget. No banner, and even not the small icons follwing the episode title.
The text shown is OK, although it takes quite long to load it.

Is there anybody who knows were I could start looking to solve this issue ?

PS 1: sickbeard is also installed on the same nas.
PS 2: apache is configured to be able to reach sickbeard through a reverse proxy at http:/mydynamicdomainname/tv/
PS 3: mfp is also setup to reach sickbeard through this reverse proxy

Did you set up coming episodes in SB? Open SB and make sure either Poster or Banner is selected (List view is NOT going to work right)

- RaNaMaster - 2011-09-01

also make sure the tv shows are airing if they ended or are canceled then your going to get nothing

- DejaVu - 2011-09-02

Sorry for my lack of updates lately, I've been sucked into an emergency job at work and it's taking up all my time up at the moment.

Once I get this out the way, I should be back abd updating vigorously again (perhaps midweek next week).

Will need to find out what's what though.

- _Mikie_ - 2011-09-02

jaaahaaa Wrote:Start/paus/stop/volume/power/next/prev buttons would be really neat. Then what song is playing. You don't need a squeezebox to check out the software. Install the server and then download squeezeplay (a software player) if you wanna check it out.

So it seems the only api that exists doesn't support software players or at least I can't get them to work. Do you use squeezeplay or is support for hard ware players enough?

- Erwin - 2011-09-02

Aenima99x Wrote:As promised, here's my working reverse proxy setup.
MFP Config
Code:
$GLOBAL_MACHINE      = false;
     $GLOBAL_USER_PASS    = true;
     $GLOBAL_IP           = $_SERVER["HTTP_HOST"];
     $GLOBAL_USER         = 'xxxxxxx';
     $GLOBAL_PASS         = 'xxxxxxx';

$REVERSE_PROXY       = true;
     $XBMC_WEBROOT        = 'xbmc';
     $SICKBEARD_WEBROOT   = 'tv';
     $COUCHPOTATO_WEBROOT = 'movies';
     $SABNZBD_WEBROOT     = 'sab';

$navlink;
          $navlink["XBMC"]           = '/xbmc/';
          $navlink["XWMM"]           = '/xwmm/';
          $navlink["SabNZBd"]        = '/sab/';
          $navlink["Sickbeard"]      = '/tv/';
          $navlink["CouchPotato"]    = '/movies/';
          $navlink["HeadPhones"]     = '/music/';
note the GLOBAL_IP....setting it as that is what really makes all the magic happen lol
Also, all of the sections for xbmc, cp, etc are left empty except for the API info in the SAB section.

Can you tell me what exactly is in the "global IP" field on the mfp general settings page ? Is it literally $_SERVER["HTTP_HOST"] or should i replace $_SERVER and/or HTTP_HOST with a server name or ip-adress ?

Can you explain the logic behind this ?

I can't get the xbmc and XWMM navigation working.
I have a similar setup as yours: All programs are on a synology nas, except xbmc which runs on a small windows pc.

Have you found a way to wakeup your xbmc machine through mfp ?
I've noticed that the widgets: xbmc library, recent tv and recent movies don't work when the xbmc pc is sleeping.

I've tried the navigation in mfp with the literal $_SERVER["HTTP_HOST"] in the global IP but it didn't work. I also tried with my domain name in the global IP, but that didn't work either. With the IP adres of my nas it is even worse.

Thanks in advance.

- steve1977 - 2011-09-02

Anyone can confirm whether the "comingepisodes" widget is currently working in deja's repo? For me, the banners show up, but going massively outside the widget (basically covering half of the screen). Column width is set to 25/25/25/25.

Thanks for any help!

- _Mikie_ - 2011-09-02

steve1977 Wrote:Anyone can confirm whether the "comingepisodes" widget is currently working in deja's repo? For me, the banners show up, but going massively outside the widget (basically covering half of the screen). Column width is set to 25/25/25/25.

Thanks for any help!

Quite possibly not. I rewrote it so you could use theme's and the coming episode options separately but there are still a few issues. Under settings do you have it set to the default one? That one should work. The banners and posters view's still need a bit of work. Sorry for the hassle. I'll try sort them out this weekend

- CoinTos - 2011-09-02

Erwin Wrote:Can you tell me what exactly is in the "global IP" field on the mfp general settings page ? Is it literally $_SERVER["HTTP_HOST"] or should i replace $_SERVER and/or HTTP_HOST with a server name or ip-adress ?

The global ip is the address the widgets listed in your config will use if it doesn't have a value for it's own ip variable. Now on to $_SERVER["HTTP_HOST"], that is a built in php global variable, what it does is take whatever host you fill in your location bar it will use.

For example the $_SERVER["HTTP_HOST"] would be for
IP -> http://192.168.1.1/mfp/ = 192.168.1.1
Intranet (hostnames) -> http://example/mfp/ = example
Internet -> http://www.example.com/mfp/ = www.example.com

The reason you use this for reverse proxy is it can be handy if your internet provider is down. Basically, why talk to you external isp dns servers if you are inside your network, I would use hostnames.. If you don't want the use $_SERVER['HTTP_HOST'] you can just use your internet domain instead.

- Aenima99x - 2011-09-02

Erwin Wrote:Can you tell me what exactly is in the "global IP" field on the mfp general settings page ? Is it literally $_SERVER["HTTP_HOST"] or should i replace $_SERVER and/or HTTP_HOST with a server name or ip-adress ?

I can't get the xbmc and XWMM navigation working.
I have a similar setup as yours: All programs are on a synology nas, except xbmc which runs on a small windows pc.

Have you found a way to wakeup your xbmc machine through mfp ?
I've noticed that the widgets: xbmc library, recent tv and recent movies don't work when the xbmc pc is sleeping.

I've tried the navigation in mfp with the literal $_SERVER["HTTP_HOST"] in the global IP but it didn't work. I also tried with my domain name in the global IP, but that didn't work either. With the IP adres of my nas it is even worse.

Thanks in advance.

Something changed in MFP and it doesn't work doing it that way anymore. Your domain name should work fine, that's what I use now. The XBMC & XWMM web interfaces don't work correctly through a reverse proxy for some reason...at least I haven't been able to get them to.

- Adeiko - 2011-09-02

When i try to update in my xbmc live with git pull it puts this error:

Quote:Updating 94acb23..a23fdbf
error: Your local changes to the following files would be overwritten by merge:
settings.php
Please, commit your changes or stash them before you can merge.
Aborting

Anyone know what i must change to update it? Do i need to reset settings.php ?

- sraue - 2011-09-02

Adeiko Wrote:When i try to update in my xbmc live with git pull it puts this error:

Code:
Updating 94acb23..a23fdbf
error: Your local changes to the following files would be overwritten by merge:
settings.php
Please, commit your changes or stash them before you can merge.
Aborting

Anyone know what i must change to update it? Do i need to reset settings.php ?

a configfile which contains configs the user do should never be in in the package dir byself. this should be inside $HOME/{.packagename} and should contain no code, only settings.

- DejaVu - 2011-09-03

steve1977 Wrote:Anyone can confirm whether the "comingepisodes" widget is currently working in deja's repo? For me, the banners show up, but going massively outside the widget (basically covering half of the screen). Column width is set to 25/25/25/25.

Thanks for any help!

It is working fine. The fault, if I remember rightly, is because the default option for the comingepisodes css settings is not set to default using your old default-config.ini.

You would need to tick the option in the settings section.

reverse proxy - Erwin - 2011-09-03

@CointTos: Thanks for your explication of $_SERVER["HTTP_HOST"]
@Aenima99x: Thanks for pointing out that the xbmc and xwmm web interfaces don't work properly behind a reverse proxy.

For those with a Synology nas who like to add WOL on their mfp page, here's how i did it.
  • Download the WOL software package from http://sourceforge.net/projects/wolviaphp/files/wolviaphp/version%202/
  • unzip the downloaded file
  • telnet into your nas
  • md /volume1/web/wol/
  • copy contents of zip file to /volume1/web/wol/
  • point your browser to http://nas/wol/
  • enter the mac address of the pc you wanna wake, probably your xbmc machine
  • press rend request button
  • copy the url behind "bookmark this url to repeat this request"
  • go to mfp settings subnav
  • add WOL and paste the url
Next time, all you have to do is click the WOL link on the subnav bar of your mfp page.

I'm very happy now with my mfp setup