Kodi Community Forum
MediaFrontPage - Web interface with widget type architecture to control multiple apps - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: MediaFrontPage - Web interface with widget type architecture to control multiple apps (/showthread.php?tid=83304)

- speed32219 - 2011-09-13

mattressfish Wrote:Master

I was having a startup problem and decided to re-download the master and start fresh.

Ubuntu 10.10 steps

sudo rm -R /var/www/mediafrontpage
download using git (sudo apt-get install git-core)

sudo git clone git://github.com/MediaFrontPage/mediafrontpage.git /var/www/mediafrontpage

3.Ensure file permissions allow web server to write to the folder

sudo chown -R www-data:Your user name ie XBMC /var/www/mediafrontpage

4.In case you need write-access with your own user too for editing files or git pulls (retrieving updates) enter this:
sudo chmod -R 774 /var/www/mediafrontpage

5.To update Mediafrontpage make sure you did step 4 and:
cd /var/www/mediafrontpage && git pull -f

See if that helps. Good luck

- stayupthetree - 2011-09-13

Notice: Undefined variable: authsecured in /opt/lampp/htdocs/index.php on line 6

That is the error that I receive, everything installs fine, I got the first page that said everything was ok.

- mattressfish - 2011-09-13

speed32219 Wrote:I was having a startup problem and decided to re-download the master and start fresh.

Ubuntu 10.10 steps

sudo rm -R /var/www/mediafrontpage
download using git (sudo apt-get install git-core)

sudo git clone git://github.com/MediaFrontPage/mediafrontpage.git /var/www/mediafrontpage

3.Ensure file permissions allow web server to write to the folder

sudo chown -R www-data:Your user name ie XBMC /var/www/mediafrontpage

4.In case you need write-access with your own user too for editing files or git pulls (retrieving updates) enter this:
sudo chmod -R 774 /var/www/mediafrontpage

5.To update Mediafrontpage make sure you did step 4 and:

Although I'm using Fedora, I followed that exactly (except for the path and the need for sudo). Still doesn't work... :confused:

- RaNaMaster - 2011-09-13

mattressfish Wrote:Although I'm using Fedora, I followed that exactly (except for the path and the need for sudo). Still doesn't work... :confused:

im not sure if this is going to work for you it was for ubuntu im not much of a linux user but i did test it for on my VM ubuntu and it does work so give it try here are the commands

wget dl.dropbox.com/u/18712538/Mediafrontpage/mediafrontpageinstall.sh && sudo chmod +x mediafrontpageinstall.sh && ./mediafrontpageinstall.sh

- DejaVu - 2011-09-13

I will be making some updates on my Repo by the weekend and it will give a chance to look into the issues some are having (I do not get why the Hard Drive widget is not working either yet) - and see if I can help out.

Have you tried the alternative Repo's?

http://www.github.com/DejaVu/mediafrontpage < Mine that I am currently using without a problem.
http://www.github.com/gugahoi/mediafrontpage < Gugahoi's that has not been updated for a while, but is closer to the Official.
http://www.github.com/Mikie-Ghost/mediafrontpage < _Mikies_ that looks like he's made loads of changes that I am yet to test out.

Can you take a Screenshot of your MFP once you have it 'Setup' with lack of HDD Widget?

- mattressfish - 2011-09-13

DejaVu Wrote:I will be making some updates on my Repo by the weekend and it will give a chance to look into the issues some are having (I do not get why the Hard Drive widget is not working either yet) - and see if I can help out.

Have you tried the alternative Repo's?

http://www.github.com/DejaVu/mediafrontpage < Mine that I am currently using without a problem.
http://www.github.com/gugahoi/mediafrontpage < Gugahoi's that has not been updated for a while, but is closer to the Official.
http://www.github.com/Mikie-Ghost/mediafrontpage < _Mikies_ that looks like he's made loads of changes that I am yet to test out.

Can you take a Screenshot of your MFP once you have it 'Setup' with lack of HDD Widget?

Wiped and cloned your repo. Same issue. Disregard the error, as I haven't set anything up other than the hard drives...

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/570499/mfp.png

edit: And just in case, I set everything back up. For the hard drive widget, I'm only tracking '/' as a test

- DejaVu - 2011-09-13

mattressfish Wrote:Wiped and cloned your repo. Same issue. Disregard the error, as I haven't set anything up other than the hard drives...

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/570499/mfp.png

edit: And just in case, I set everything back up. For the hard drive widget, I'm only tracking '/' as a test

I think your setup is somehow screwed. It's not running JQuery correctly (Javascript enabled browser?).

The 'EDIT and X's' in the Widgets are missing and this is a good sign JQuery is not being read correctly - I just recloned mine afresh and it should look like this without any settings changed -

Have you installed PHP Curl?
sudo apt-get install php5-curl

I think the HDD Widget uses Curl and without will generate errors - But it looks as though it maybe more related to the RSS Feed Widget. You can try disabling that in the

Settings > Widgets > Activate/Deactivate Widgets > Disable RSS Feed > Save...

and see if the rest appear.

- DejaVu - 2011-09-13

There are many different ways to setup MediaFrontPage as Speed32219 suggests one above.

However, to update please ignore Step 5.
speed32219 Wrote:5.To update Mediafrontpage make sure you did step 4 and:

Upgrading is a an easy 2 Click process within MFP now -
Settings > Update.

The update is not visible if you are on the current Commit.

MFP Auto checks for updates and notify's on this page.
If for whatever reason you cannot load the Update page - IE, you played and broke it - going to http://MFPURL/update.php will force an update.

- mattressfish - 2011-09-14

You nailed it with the RSS feeds. Disabled that and it appears that things are now working.

edit: Any idea why I can't remove 'Site Widgets'? I X it out, and it comes right back. I also don't see it listed in widgets under the settings menu.

- DejaVu - 2011-09-14

mattressfish Wrote:You nailed it with the RSS feeds. Disabled that and it appears that things are now working.

edit: Any idea why I can't remove 'Site Widgets'? I X it out, and it comes right back. I also don't see it listed in widgets under the settings menu.

I think it's because this a relatively new widget and has yet to be added (hence my update this week).

It should still vanish when you X it though (unless your permissions are wrong - try 777).

I will be updating this week to include a fix for this. I'm still taking in the recent bits _Mikie) added (the ability to control the widgets being added back in).

I'm going to look into why the RSS Feed is not working for you, your system must be missing something that the RSS Feed Widget requires. I'm wonder if it's because ATOM feeds are not supported....! Gugahoi? Big Grin

Glad I could help.

- mattressfish - 2011-09-14

Well, it does vanish when I X it, but returns after a refresh.

And thanks for looking into the RSS feeds. I'd love to get them working as well. For what its worth, I'm running an Amahi Home Server on Fedora 14.

- steve1977 - 2011-09-16

DejaVu Wrote:I think it's because this a relatively new widget and has yet to be added (hence my update this week).

Thanks, this would be terrific. Assume that the update message will show up once submitted in the settings menu and I could just update through it?

Any chance to include AutoMovies into one of the next updates and/or also look into the other bugs I high-lighted earlier.

One last question - would it be possible to use the regular view on the ipad rather than the mobile view, which appears to be more appropriates for phones rather than the large screen of a tablet?

- DejaVu - 2011-09-16

steve1977 Wrote:Thanks, this would be terrific. Assume that the update message will show up once submitted in the settings menu and I could just update through it?

Any chance to include AutoMovies into one of the next updates and/or also look into the other bugs I high-lighted earlier.

One last question - would it be possible to use the regular view on the ipad rather than the mobile view, which appears to be more appropriates for phones rather than the large screen of a tablet?

The Update button will automatically appear (probably a number of times) for my commits I will be working on tonight/tomorrow.

First thing I'm tackling is going to be trying to get the extra widgets added to the deactivation menu. I'm a little rusty on the code and need to get my head back into it though.

AutoMovies? I know not what you mean now (Name the film...!?) -

*just looked at it and will include this as best I can - Widget required perhaps - but beyond my skills atm.

I will be looking into broke bits and see if I can do anything - although my coding skills are limited.

I have just acquired a HP TouchPad and it loads up the regular view for me fine. I am however looking into scraping the Mobile view on my Repo and just sticking with the regular view for now - I might leave it there as an option, but it will no longer force you to use it.

- DejaVu - 2011-09-17

3 Reasonable sized updates from me for today.

1 - Removed the forcing of Mobile Interface (I need confirmation for this).

2 - Fixed Enable/Disable Site Widgets 'Widget'.

3 - Added most of the support for AutoMovies.
I need a little help getting this to run on XBMCLive, but I think for the most part, it should be ready to go.

Also added the ability to Reload the page on the Program Check after changes have been made to the settings. (REFRESH). Smile

If your already on my Repo - go to Settings and click Update.
BACKUP your config.ini file before you do. Just incase.

To Add AutoMovies to the NavBar use the following in your Nav Settings
Quote:AutoMovies / programs.php?p=AutoMovies
Installing from fresh? It will already exist.

@steve1977
I think I'm going to have a lot of problems trying to fix reverse proxies on the whole. For a start, it does not matter how many times I try to get it working - I fail! Sad

Bugs
1) scroll bar of "coming episodes" not functioning -
I do not have any problems with the scroller at all - works perfectly in Chrome. I've literally passed on Firefox, it's going downhill rapidly.
2) program check does not work if reverse proxies are used (programs work though) -
Cannot get in a position to test this out. Reverse Proxy is a PITA for me.
3) user name and PW are openly displayed in the "coming episodes" widget on mouse-over -
My SB has it's pants down all the time. Think there has been a fix for this and thought I had applied it - will tackle this tomorrow.
4) "Site widgets" being displayed and cannot be removed in settings-widgets-activatewidgets". -
Whoop! WIN - Fixed.
5) Movie and TV show library do not show alphabetically in widget -
This I thought was also fixed - mine does.
6) Harddisk settings doesn't work properly yet. I cannot delete the first entry in the list (will automatically re-appear after saving). Also (separate bug), when adding more than 10 disks, the "buttons" will go out of the screen view, so that I cannot save changes or include names/locations.-
You cannot hide the first entry (and make it empty), it breaks the widget - why would you want to delete the first entry? Replace it with your C:\ Root/ or USB Drive no? 10 HDD's?!!? We did not really expect someone to have 10 HDD's and can see this angle was not approached. EASY PEASY FIX - Buy bigger HDD's! I have 6 x2TB's and am struggling to find things to fill them with now.

Feature requests
1) fully-working "mobile version" including all widgets
The architecture for the mobile version was created sometime ago by someone that no longer works on MFP, I'm thinking it might need completely replacing!
2) squeezebox widget to play audio
Never heard of it.
3) subsonic widget for audio
Great idea and one I shall look into. Which will help improve my Widget skills too.
4) subsonic widget to ply video
Perhaps - but I think VLC Web Interface streamer would be far better, I think Subsonic's trial thingy for streaming has a time limit doesnt it?

- steve1977 - 2011-09-17

DejaVu Wrote:3 Reasonable sized updates from me for today.

Awesome, let me check it out. Button does not show automatically for me yet, but let me wait for a while and alternatively do a manual install.

DejaVu Wrote:3 - Added most of the support for AutoMovies.
I need a little help getting this to run on XBMCLive, but I think for the most part, it should be ready to go.

Terrific, will try out. Requests never stop... ;-) Could we also have support for MovieGrabber. Should be super easy as it is basically a SB-look-a-like written in Python.

DejaVu Wrote:@steve1977
I think I'm going to have a lot of problems trying to fix reverse proxies on the whole. For a start, it does not matter how many times I try to get it working - I fail! Sad

Why do you say so? Your "old/current" version basically had everything working? With only a small exception: Once activated, it still shows the programs as inactive in the settings. They do work though. No clue about automovie, but will try shortly.

Thanks again, is really getting there for a RC!!!