Kodi Community Forum
MediaFrontPage - Web interface with widget type architecture to control multiple apps - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: MediaFrontPage - Web interface with widget type architecture to control multiple apps (/showthread.php?tid=83304)

- steve1977 - 2011-10-25

Thanks for your message. Good question why behavior is / appears different.

Re alphabetical order - I should clarify. My are also sort-of in alphabetical order. What I mean by this: it appears alphabetical and I could do a screenshot like the one you posted. However, I have 6 "sources" within XBMC, which are all classified as movies. Within MFP, movies from each disk/source will show alphabetically. After "Z" of disk 1, "A" of disk 2 starts, etc.

Re hard drives - did you make these changes via GUI or directly in the config.ini? One thing I could try is to work off a "new" config.ini file. Maybe, mine doesnt work because my config.ini file is too old?

- DejaVu - 2011-10-25

steve1977 Wrote:Thanks for your message. Good question why behavior is / appears different.

Re alphabetical order - I should clarify. My are also sort-of in alphabetical order. What I mean by this: it appears alphabetical and I could do a screenshot like the one you posted. However, I have 6 "sources" within XBMC, which are all classified as movies. Within MFP, movies from each disk/source will show alphabetically. After "Z" of disk 1, "A" of disk 2 starts, etc.

Re hard drives - did you make these changes via GUI or directly in the config.ini? One thing I could try is to work off a "new" config.ini file. Maybe, mine doesnt work because my config.ini file is too old?
Alphabetical order -
I have 1 "source" in XBMC called 'Movies' with 2x 2TB drives
I then have another "source" called TV Shows with 2x 1TB drives assigned to it and a Network location.

Do you have 6 sources called 'Movies' - 'Films' - 'Motion Pictures' - 'Flicks' etc. All with 1 drive assigned to each source? This would explain the issue your having, it will certainly 'drill' through the sources in this way.

Hard Drives Renaming.
Investigated this to see exactly what happens and I think how it's handled is quite clever, but might be a bit misleading.

This should explain exactly what is happening when you rename an existing drive. It does not rename it. It actually deletes it in the config.ini file and renews it as a new entry at the bottom of the list. The script that is being used does it this way, I think, because it is easier to code than actually rewritting the whole section to the config.ini each time something changes.

I'm not sure if I'm right on this, but I've been wondering if your Updates have not been working, because your using Reverse Proxy. I think that maybe the only logical explanation. Will look into it.

Subsonic's Program check has been revisited and should now also work correctly.

- prophetizer - 2011-10-25

DejaVu Wrote:Firefox?
Try Google Chrome. Firefox is making things break of late. Even the minor things FireFox used to do, it no longer does.

IE - javascript:history.back(-1)

Stranglely only goes back if pressed twice. Maybe something to do with the support for JQuery.

It may also have something to do with the settings in Sickbeard itself.
All MFP/ComingEpisodes does is read the information from the ComingEpisodes section of Sickbeard and reskins it to match the interface.
well if it was indeed firefox, then shouldn't the same thing happen when i see the banners in sickbeard?

- steve1977 - 2011-10-25

Thanks for your help!!!

DejaVu Wrote:Alphabetical order -
I have 1 "source" in XBMC called 'Movies' with 2x 2TB drives
I then have another "source" called TV Shows with 2x 1TB drives assigned to it and a Network location.

Do you have 6 sources called 'Movies' - 'Films' - 'Motion Pictures' - 'Flicks' etc. All with 1 drive assigned to each source? This would explain the issue your having, it will certainly 'drill' through the sources in this way.

I have "Movie drive 1", "Movie drive 2", etc., but they are all part of one "XBMC source" called MOVIES. Are your 2x2TB drives joint as volume or separate disks and ony "joined" by XBMC?

DejaVu Wrote:Hard Drives Renaming.
Investigated this to see exactly what happens and I think how it's handled is quite clever, but might be a bit misleading.

This should explain exactly what is happening when you rename an existing drive. It does not rename it. It actually deletes it in the config.ini file and renews it as a new entry at the bottom of the list. The script that is being used does it this way, I think, because it is easier to code than actually rewritting the whole section to the config.ini each time something changes.

Actually, there must be something else weird on my computer. Actually, when I delete all drives and "save" and then go back to the main MFP menu, the "HTPC drive" is still there. When I then go back to "settings", it is there again.

DejaVu Wrote:I'm not sure if I'm right on this, but I've been wondering if your Updates have not been working, because your using Reverse Proxy. I think that maybe the only logical explanation. Will look into it

This may very well be the case. I also have the feeling that the .htaccess file may have something to do with it...

- DejaVu - 2011-10-25

prophetizer Wrote:well if it was indeed firefox, then shouldn't the same thing happen when i see the banners in sickbeard?

The problem lies within the ComingEpisodes.css file that styles the ComingEpisodes widget in MFP. I have tried to understand the problem, but Firefox does not seem to read it correctly. The CSS in MFP is very complex and quite difficult to understand and there are obviously things in there written for Google Chrome, that conflict with FF. I believe it could a the Webkit stuff.

Another known issue is with HiSlide and Firefox not doing what its meant to - but no-one has sussed it yet...

http://mediafrontpage.lighthouseapp.com/projects/76089/tickets/10-fix-highslide-in-commingepisodes-widget-on-firefox

I admit, there are weird anomalies going on with the differences between Firefox and Google Chrome and I for one do not understand them fully.

@steve1977
If I delete all my drives from MFP, the widget is completely empty. I then go back to Hard Drives and I have nothing listed at all. Not even a text field is visible til I hit '+'.
My drives are only joined by the XBMC Source.

This is quite bewildering - surely it cannot be anything to do with which operating system, because it's simply a localhost running under apache and should be the same for everyone. I think looking into you .htaccess file may help - I do not have that setup or any other security for that matter, so cant assist.

I think the security thing with MFP (or my HTPC) is a bit overkill. It's just a video viewer.

- prophetizer - 2011-10-25

DejaVu Wrote:The problem lies within the ComingEpisodes.css file that styles the ComingEpisodes widget in MFP. I have tried to understand the problem, but Firefox does not seem to read it correctly. The CSS in MFP is very complex and quite difficult to understand and there are obviously things in there written for Google Chrome, that conflict with FF. I believe it could a the Webkit stuff.

Another known issue is with HiSlide and Firefox not doing what its meant to - but no-one has sussed it yet...

http://mediafrontpage.lighthouseapp.com/projects/76089/tickets/10-fix-highslide-in-commingepisodes-widget-on-firefox

I admit, there are weird anomalies going on with the differences between Firefox and Google Chrome and I for one do not understand them fully.

@steve1977
If I delete all my drives from MFP, the widget is completely empty. I then go back to Hard Drives and I have nothing listed at all. Not even a text field is visible til I hit '+'.

This is quite bewildering - surely it cannot be anything to do with which operating system, because it's simply a localhost running under apache and should be the same for everyone. I think looking into you .htaccess file may help - I do not have that setup or any other security for that matter, so cant assist.

I think the security thing with MFP (or my HTPC) is a bit overkill. It's just a video viewer.

well, i do understand CSS quite a bit, and can create exceptions for browsers, maybe i will take a look and report back

- HarryRosen - 2011-10-25

I wondering if anyone can help me out, I have it running fine but getting JSON API errors but I am thinking it's because i run a centralized db on my unraid server using mysql, if anyone can point me to the right direction on how to fix that I would appreciate it.

- HarryRosen - 2011-10-25

nevermind it seems to working now for some reason

- HarryRosen - 2011-10-26

One other thing, I have 3 xbmc in my house and all run on one database. I would like to have all 3 on one page, is it possible to have a widget for now playing for each machine?

- steve1977 - 2011-10-26

DejaVu Wrote:Hard Drive Settings is now inside an overflowed Div (DONE).
HeadPhones Reverse Proxy changed slightly, hopefully to work (DONE?).

Confirmed to be solved. Thanks!!!

- steve1977 - 2011-10-26

DejaVu Wrote:@steve1977

It's really awkward... Just updated to your latest GIT and was great to see headphones now working. However, I still face some of the issues and behaviour is different from what yours actually is.

1) Not only cannot I not get rid of the hard drive #1, but also can I not "unclick" from the GUI.

2) Also checked back with the sorting-order of the movies. It is reverse to "recently added" and not alphabetically added by disk 1-6. Just looks like because I scanned. The movies I just added today to the library show up at the very bottom of the list...

Really awkward behavior...

- DejaVu - 2011-10-26

I'm setting up MFP on a friends PC today (remotely using TeamViewer). It's running on Windows 7 and is almost exactly the same setup you have Steve - probably going to be without the Reverse Proxy, as I cannot for the life of me, set that up properly.

Hopefully this will shed some light on the situations your having.

Off topic - chrisuk11 - 2011-10-26

Its slightly off topic, but relevant to the way Media Front Page works.

Basically I like the idea of having 1 webpage to view a multitude of different resources. This got me thinking of how it would be ideal if I could use a similar idea to mnitor numrous servers etc at work.

So, I would like a front end page, that can display HDD space for various servers. We currently have a program that outputs to a webpage; that monitors various services etc, so I would like to add this webpage as a widget, or allocate it a third of the webpage. There is then another program that outputs to another webpage that I would also like to integrate to the frontend.

Is it easier to integrate the existing webpages into the front page, or get the output to actually go to the front page (if its possible).

As my inital line admitted, this is slightly off topic, however the principle is very similar. Can anyone point me towards some helpful sites or anything to start to create something like the above?

The goal obviously being that, more things can be added to the front page as it evolves.

Hope the post makes sense (It did to me, but that means nothing Smile )

Thanks

- DejaVu - 2011-10-26

Everything created in MFP is completely open source and is all written in PHP, Javascript or JQuery.

https://github.com/DejaVu/mediafrontpage

The source is open for viewing, changing or editting (on your own github) how you want.

I see what your after and can see the logic, so long as you have PHP/Javascript coding skills, what your wanting to do is relatively easy, it's called Website Scraping and PHP uses a few different functions to accomplish it - not that I'm any sort of expert!

You can make a start at looking at the source code for the Hard Drive widget at my repo here - https://github.com/DejaVu/mediafrontpage/blob/master/widgets/wHardDrives.php

but this is not going to help too much at first, because some variables are set in other files which are called globally.

MFP has had a multitude of different contributors that have come and gone (or so it seems), so sussing out everything is quite difficult.

- _Mikie_ - 2011-10-27

HarryRosen Wrote:One other thing, I have 3 xbmc in my house and all run on one database. I would like to have all 3 on one page, is it possible to have a widget for now playing for each machine?

Should work. If you read back someone did it already. You have to rename all the variables in the widget and the widget name so nothing clashes.