Kodi Community Forum
MediaFrontPage - Web interface with widget type architecture to control multiple apps - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: MediaFrontPage - Web interface with widget type architecture to control multiple apps (/showthread.php?tid=83304)

- Zarquon - 2010-11-17

Archigos Wrote:I wanted to mention a possible bug and had a quick question...

I've closed and confirmed that I didn't want the "Recent Movies" widget multiple times but everytime I go to a different link in the Navbar or refresh the page the widget returns, if this isn't a bug is there an easy to disable that, maybe via the config file?

I know the "Coming Episodes" is pulled and reskined from SickBeard, but is there anyway to make that widget use a scrollbar in itself so that the page doesn't go on forever since the scraper pulls all data and lists shows that don't start back up until next year?

By the way, love the interface and all the work you guys have done...
As a slight tweak to Nick8888's suggestion. Create a file in the css directory called something like archigos.css and place the above css code snippet in there. then set the $customStyleSheet in your config.php.
Code:
$customStyleSheet="css/archigos.css";
The reason for doing the change this way is that it will allow you to upgrade the comingepisodes.css with out worrying about having to reapply your updates.

Also if your layout changes are not saving it is typically because you do not have write permissions to the layout.php file or have not created it.

- Archigos - 2010-11-17

The edit to layout.php worked great, but using Nick's CSS tweak directly or via the edit above doesn't change anything to that widget. Sad

I've force refreshed to make sure it wasn't a cache issue, but still no good.

*** From bottom post ***

I found the area in the CSS to change for what I wanted/needed...

Either in the comingepisodes.css at the bottom of the file is:
Quote:#main #wComingEpisodes.widget .widget-content {
max-height:none;
overflow:hidden;
}
and needs to be changed to:
Quote:#main #wComingEpisodes.widget .widget-content {
max-height:800px;
overflow:hidden;
}

Or use Zarquon's suggestion of the custom css file. Smile

I still can't get a scrollbar on the widget so it just hides most of them, but any suggestions on that would be great

- Archigos - 2010-11-17

(Double Post) My apologies, feel free to delete this post...

- Nick8888 - 2010-11-17

changing listingWrapper works as intended here. May have been because I accidentally put an = instead on a : in the post (yes very stupid of me). Glad you got it going anyway. Zarquon is right, don't change any of the included files if you don't necessarily need to so that changes persist through updates.

- Archigos - 2010-11-17

Nick, I figured it out, if you take your suggestion of max-height and my suggestion, using both together will give the user the scrollbar. Smile

I changed the two required sections in a custom CSS file and it works great.

*** Added Info ***
Use the custom theme in the config.php as Zarquon suggests and use the below code in your custom.css to get the scrollbar and still have the overall show count and episode count still show up at the bottom of the widget (which is why there is a 30px difference).

Quote:#listingWrapper {
max-height: 770px;
}

#main #wComingEpisodes.widget .widget-content {
}

- DejaVu - 2010-11-17

RSS works to a certain degree. Add's it to Sab, but sab rejects it as the Username and APIKey for NZBMatrix is missing...

Guessing this will be added to the config.php?

- Nick8888 - 2010-11-17

https://github.com/nick8888/mediafrontpage/commit/ba62782375754dfa66d1ea5eff30cab10f934314

Quote:Note: If you are receiving this: error:invalid_login

You need to setup your nzbmatrix login details in Sabnzbd's own settings (not MFP).

In addition zarquon has allowed pp, script, cat and priority to be specified for each rssfeed in MFP's config (in accordance with http://sabnzbd.wikidot.com/api#toc28). Perhaps you might like to add an example using these options in the default-config. If none of these are present in the rssfeed's array then the "add to sab" link won't showup

I think its ready for default-layout now!

Well done on this.

- Robotica - 2010-11-17

Hi Nick and Zarquon (and others),

Great project is this! I really appreciate all efforts to have this great download experience on my HTPC.

One suggestion: Slash is having some great idea's to improve the default web interface. It would be great if things between that project and this project could be uniformed. http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=83962

- Nick8888 - 2010-11-17

Hi Robotica, the problem is MFP requires php to do much of its work, and xbmc's web server does not support php.

If you read this ticket you'll see slash is referring to broadening the xbmc related features of xbmc's web interface and the features he intends are far outside the scope of MFP.

My intentions for MFP is to complement (and bring together) these other web interfaces rather than fully replace them. However, feel free to make a feature request if there is anything in particular you would like to see MFP do.

However, I do think it would be nice if they changed xbmc's default web interface to have a more flexible architecture which allowed developers to add to the default interface rather than replace it.

- gugahoi - 2010-11-17

RSS widget looks fantastic! Well done.

An ye, as NICK said, the nzbmatrix info must be on sab already. Except, for nzbmatrix at least, there's a rss with inbuilt user info and api that can be used. You can find it in
Code:
http://rss.nzbmatrix.com/

It can also be personalized, so it's pretty cool.

- gugahoi - 2010-11-17

Archigos Wrote:*** Added Info ***
Use the custom theme in the config.php as Zarquon suggests and use the below code in your custom.css to get the scrollbar and still have the overall show count and episode count still show up at the bottom of the widget (which is why there is a 30px difference).

I've tried this out with no luck. Is the custom css just meant to contain those couple of lines?

I keep getting this when I activate the custom css
Code:
Warning: Division by zero in C:\xampp\htdocs\config.php on line 70

- Nick8888 - 2010-11-17

from default-config.php
Code:
//$customStyleSheet = "css/lighttheme.css";

That error means php is trying to divide whatever you have in there so make sure your " (quotes) are correct so that it knows its a string.

- gugahoi - 2010-11-18

Thanks Nick, for some reason the text editor I was using wasn't writing the proper characters.

Couple of things I need to ask:
For the RSS widget, is there a way to ensure the name of a file doesn't take more than one line?
And, like for the coming episodes, is there a way to limit the sides height, so that if it should be bigger than the page, one could just scroll the side and not the entire page?

- DejaVu - 2010-11-18

Archigos Wrote:#listingWrapper {
max-height: 770px;
}

}.

Did you try it with percent? Works just as well and works for every screen resolution! Smile
Helps if you access from lots of different computers.

Mine -
Code:
#listingWrapper {
max-height: 90%;
}

max-height: 95%;
}

- DejaVu - 2010-11-18

gugahoi Wrote:Thanks Nick, for some reason the text editor I was using wasn't writing the proper characters.

Couple of things I need to ask:
For the RSS widget, is there a way to ensure the name of a file doesn't take more than one line?
And, like for the coming episodes, is there a way to limit the sides height, so that if it should be bigger than the page, one could just scroll the side and not the entire page?

I looked into ellipsis CSS, which seems to say it does exactly that...
Probably the easiest option. I think it would smarten the look up as well. Smile
http://www.electrictoolbox.com/ellipsis-html-css/

As for the Coming Episodes, see code box above. I'm not sure if Auto will do it, but percent works for me! SmileImage