Kodi Community Forum
MediaFrontPage - Web interface with widget type architecture to control multiple apps - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: MediaFrontPage - Web interface with widget type architecture to control multiple apps (/showthread.php?tid=83304)

- Zarquon - 2010-11-26

toby77jo Wrote:you are the man ..

off topic but maybe someone here could give a dummy guide step by step how to install ajaxterm in linux? Only thing I miss in mediafrontpage as link now is a web based SSH client ...

As ajaxterm is python based we can not just merge it into this code however you have two options. Both options require you set ajaxterm up separately on your machine. I would look at this first.

Once setup a simple iFrame widget could frame ajaxterm into mediafrontpage. The other option is to have it setup on your server and then link to it via the top nav menu which could easily be done via the config.php.

- toby77jo - 2010-11-27

hi thanks for the info

the problem is i followed the guide step by step to install ajaxterm but it does not work .. I would need a dummy guide more in detail to make it as there is very little documentation on anyterm and ajaxterm .. i tried install both via aptitude and via build from source .. i never got it to work within my own LAN ..

- branlr - 2010-11-28

Hi guys,

I can't seem to get my xbmc databases to show up. Running windows 7 x64. In the config file, I'm putting the absolute location c:\....appdata\roaming\xbmc\userdata\database\MyVideos34.db

It's just not showing up. Even if it did, how would I make it accessible from outside my network?

Thanks in advance.

- gugahoi - 2010-11-29

Any chance someone has had a look into Search widget I posted a few pages back?

- DejaVu - 2010-11-30

branlr Wrote:Hi guys,

I can't seem to get my xbmc databases to show up. Running windows 7 x64. In the config file, I'm putting the absolute location c:\....appdata\roaming\xbmc\userdata\database\MyVideos34.db

It's just not showing up. Even if it did, how would I make it accessible from outside my network?

Thanks in advance.

All locations in the config.php file are URL related. No absolute paths are required. The database is pulled from JSON API that usually lives at http://localhost:8082 (or the port set in XBMC).

If you outside your network you need to enable port forwarding on your router to make sure the traffic is directed to the proper location/IP Address on your network.

- Nick8888 - 2010-11-30

Directly accessing a mysql or sqlite database is nowhere near finished.

- gugahoi - 2010-11-30

I've been trying to use the showpopupbox script in the search widget and I've noticed that as soon as I use two different variables within the string I am passing as an argument the script doesn't work. Is there a special way to do this?

Here is an example
Code:
$id = '1234';
$size= '20';
$popup = $id.$size;

<a href=$url; target='nothing' onMouseOver=\"ShowPopupBox('".$popup."')>This</a>

The above example does not work, but if I substitute $popup for $size as an argument, it works. I guess my question is how can I have a paragraph with multiple variables in the popup box?

- Zarquon - 2010-11-30

gugahoi Wrote:I've been trying to use the showpopupbox script in the search widget and I've noticed that as soon as I use two different variables within the string I am passing as an argument the script doesn't work. Is there a special way to do this?

Here is an example
Code:
$id = '1234';
$size= '20';
$popup = $id.$size;

<a href=$url; target='nothing' onMouseOver=\"ShowPopupBox('".$popup."')>This</a>

The above example does not work, but if I substitute $popup for $size as an argument, it works. I guess my question is how can I have a paragraph with multiple variables in the popup box?
Was the above code sample a copy and paste? If so the problem is invalid HTML as you need it to be:
Code:
$id = '1234';
$size= '20';
$popup = $id.$size;

<a href=$url; target='nothing' onMouseOver=\"ShowPopupBox('".$popup."')\">This</a>
Note the \" after the closing bracket.

Other than that it should work as long as $popup does not contain a carriage return (\n) or a single quote (')

- coendeurloo - 2010-11-30

This looks awesome! Of course, as a non-techie it is far too complicated for me to install on my asrock ion330 htpc with xbmclive I guess... would be nice if someone wrote up a complete from scratch guide with all the apt-gets etc Wink

Is there an idea to include a web based file manager? That would make it...essential!

- gugahoi - 2010-12-01

Zarquon, unfortunately it wasn't a copy paste. Mater of fact, I copied straight from the Rss widget code. Still can't get it to work but anyhow I've made some progress in the widget.

The actions are the same as from the RSS widget. When sab icon is clicked, it is added to the queue in the proper category. When name is clicked, the nzbmatrix post is loaded. What do you guys think? Anything I should add? There are more options that can be printed on the search results (below).

From the nzbmatrix api

Code:
NZBID:444027; = NZB ID On Site
NZBNAME:mandriva linux 2009; = NZB Name On Site
LINK:nzbmatrix.com/nzb-details.php?id=444027&hit=1; = Link To NZB Details PAge
SIZE:1469988208.64; = Size in bytes
INDEX_DATE:2009-02-14 09:08:55; = Indexed By Site (Date/Time GMT)
USENET_DATE:2009-02-12 2:48:47; = Posted To Usenet (Date/Time GMT)
CATEGORY:TV > Divx/Xvid; = NZB Post Category
GROUP:alt.binaries.linux; = Usenet Newsgroup
COMMENTS:0; = Number Of Comments Posted
HITS:174; = Number Of Hits (Views)
NFO:yes; = NFO Present
WEBLINK:http://linux.org; = HTTP Link To Attached Website
LANGUAGE:English; = Language Attached From Our Index
IMAGE:http://linux.org/logo.gif; = HTTP Link To Attached Image
REGION:0; = Region Coding (See notes)

- logictester - 2010-12-02

got it Smile

- Nick8888 - 2010-12-02

gugahoi Wrote:The actions are the same as from the RSS widget. When sab icon is clicked, it is added to the queue in the proper category. When name is clicked, the nzbmatrix post is loaded. What do you guys think? Anything I should add? There are more options that can be printed on the search results (below).

Sorry I haven't had much time to reply but this looks great. Feel free to add it to github if you want (with or without the popup box). If I haven't added you to the repo already just pm me.

Cheers

- gugahoi - 2010-12-04

Thanks Nick, I've made some modifications (hopefully the right way) and added the widget. Have a look at it as I'm sure you guys will rework most of it, just like with RSS. This at least gives a base. One thing I noticed is that when a search is run the library widgets either take a long time to work again or just don't work at all but when reloading the page all works normally. Also I haven't been able to get the popup running, I'm probably doing something wrong.

- Nick8888 - 2010-12-04

Thanks gugahoi, I'll have a look at it tomorrow. Things have gone pretty quiet in the main branch as I've been doing a fair bit of work lately on creating a settings page. I've changed a lot of mfp around so I'll need to adapt it to work with that but from the screenshots you posted, your search widget looks quite useful!

If you're interested feel free to use 'git checkout database' to check out the work I've been doing and let me know if it works for you. You just need to ensure you've got php-sqlite installed.

Basically default-layout and default-config have both been replaced by settings.db and everything can be configured from mfp/settings.php

In regards to the xbmc widgets not loading, I'm thinking its due to php errors. I've had the same thing happen myself from having missing css files etc. I can't imagine it being something major. Thanks once again!

- gugahoi - 2010-12-05

I like the idea of having a settings page. Makes it more user friendly.
I got the database version of the website and on my first run I already noticed a few things that are not working as they should.

To start off - and this is possibly a linux to windows difference - is that the paths to sickbeard are not correct. What I mean is, by default you have something like "computer:port/sickbeard/comingEpisodes" when in windows is just "computer:port/comingEpisodes" and the sickbeard URL is "computer:port/home/"

Another thing I noticed is that when modifying the MFP settings part in the settings page (nav bar) and saving the changes, they could not be seen until the entire page was reloaded since the navbar is not updated. Maybe only with that part of the settings the entire page should be reloaded, including navbar?

Lastly, the recent movies widget only loads randomly. Sometimes it doesn't load at all, but the recent tv shows always loads immediately. Not sure if they are related but seems like they do the same thing.

I forgot to mention also that maybe you could increase the size of the text boxes with url's in the settings page so that this way the user can see the entire url. At the moment most test boxes end up with something like "http://username:password@" so I can't really see the full URL. There is no need to save space in those pages in my opinion.

But other than that is all is working as expected