Kodi Community Forum
MediaFrontPage - Web interface with widget type architecture to control multiple apps - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: MediaFrontPage - Web interface with widget type architecture to control multiple apps (/showthread.php?tid=83304)

- Nick8888 - 2010-12-05

Thanks for the info gugahoi.

Quote:To start off - and this is possibly a linux to windows difference - is that the paths to sickbeard are not correct. What I mean is, by default you have something like "computer:[port]/sickbeard/comingEpisodes" when in windows is just "computerort/comingEpisodes" and the sickbeard URL is "computerort/home/"
These sorts of things are different for each person so obviously mfp is unable to know this before the user puts the correct one in. I myself have sickbeard setup with the webroot setting so it is accessed at sickbeard/comingEpisodes but I agree, if sickbeard's default setting is to not have a webroot then the default setting should be changed in mfp to be clearer. It is possible to also put a description of each setting in the settings page so it is easier to setup.

Quote:Another thing I noticed is that when modifying the MFP settings part in the settings page (nav bar) and saving the changes, they could not be seen until the entire page was reloaded since the navbar is not updated. Maybe only with that part of the settings the entire page should be reloaded, including navbar?
Good idea. I'll add a refresh button.

Quote:I forgot to mention also that maybe you could increase the size of the text boxes with url's in the settings page so that this way the user can see the entire url. At the moment most test boxes end up with something like "http://usernameassword@" so I can't really see the full URL. There is no need to save space in those pages in my opinion.
The settings page is in a proof of concept stage at the moment. There are lots of these improvements which can easily be made to improve the ease of use.

Quote:Lastly, the recent movies widget only loads randomly. Sometimes it doesn't load at all, but the recent tv shows always loads immediately. Not sure if they are related but seems like they do the same thing.
This is the only real issue as I see it. Have you looked in your webserver's log to see if there are any errors reported when the page loads? Also what happens if you move the recent tv/ movies /media library widgets into different positions? I was experiencing this but am not any more after removing erroneous css links.

Problems..... - kalhua - 2010-12-05

Hello, thanks for creating this for all of us to use! I have very little experience using items such as this but have figured out how to get it up and running but not without a few issues.

(1) It seems as though my XBMC installation crashes while mediafrontpage is running.

(2) The recent movies area does not always populate.... UPDATE: This must be a bug as refreshing the page sometimes brings it back.

(3) Coming episodes will not populate... UPDATE: I got it working by tweaking the path name for Sickbeard

(4) I cant get the search widget to display... UPDATE: I got it working by editing the layout.php file.

(5) The hard Drive widget is packed with errors and I am not sure what to do to fix them... UPDATE: I got this one too, just had to edit the config.php with Drive names & letters.

I have tried making some changes based on what is shown in this forum and on the home page for mediafrontpage but havent managed to get it all working

If anyone can offer possible solutions to my problems I would appreciate it very much.

Thanks in advance.

- gugahoi - 2010-12-06

Nick, I just got the last version of database from git and things seem to have stopped working. The settings page is not saving the links anymore. When trying to set the url for my widgets I get this
Code:
Notice: Undefined variable: settingsArrays in C:\xampp\htdocs\database_test\settings.php on line 109

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in C:\xampp\htdocs\database_test\settings.php on line 109

Any advice?
Another thing I was thinking is instead of setting so many times the url for things, you could just reuse the url from the MFP settings page part? This way the user won't have to repeatedly enter url for xbmc and sickbeard and such. It would streamline the configuration.

Ah, btw, before updating I did move the widgets around and they all started working properly as you said. Unfortunately I can't seem to find the log for my server, the pages I found are mysteriously empty.

- Nick8888 - 2010-12-06

gugahoi Wrote:Nick, I just got the last version of database from git and things seem to have stopped working. The settings page is not saving the links anymore. When trying to set the url for my widgets I get this
Code:
Notice: Undefined variable: settingsArrays in C:\xampp\htdocs\database_test\settings.php on line 109

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in C:\xampp\htdocs\database_test\settings.php on line 109

Any advice?
Not every revision will work. Especially in the database branch.

Quote:
Another thing I was thinking is instead of setting so many times the url for things, you could just reuse the url from the MFP settings page part? This way the user won't have to repeatedly enter url for xbmc and sickbeard and such. It would streamline the configuration.
Hours of coding to save seconds of configuration does not appeal to me.
Quote:Ah, btw, before updating I did move the widgets around and they all started working properly as you said. Unfortunately I can't seem to find the log for my server, the pages I found are mysteriously empty.
Feel free to find the bug but it is working for me and with the limited information I cannot find whats causing it.

- D0nR0s4 - 2010-12-07

Hi, just out of interest, could you post a screenshot of the mobile interface in the first post? I haven't tried it yet because I didn't have time to set mfp up again, but I think people would be interested to see it.

Oh, and great program.

D0nR0sa

- DejaVu - 2010-12-08

gugahoi Wrote:Thanks Nick, I've made some modifications (hopefully the right way) and added the widget. Have a look at it as I'm sure you guys will rework most of it, just like with RSS. This at least gives a base. One thing I noticed is that when a search is run the library widgets either take a long time to work again or just don't work at all but when reloading the page all works normally. Also I haven't been able to get the popup running, I'm probably doing something wrong.
Just refreshed my MFP since being away for a week... Love this new Search Widget. Great work gugahoi!

The popup you speak off that you couldn't get working, was this to show the search results with a scroll bar? That would be the bomb.

Overall though, fanstastic job. Impressed - I could not have got anything near it!

I also noticed the reloading of the Frame. No bigger, but defeats the object of being a Widget... Perhaps those in the know can sort it.

I too will be looking into the New Settings DB pages...

- jayhawk785 - 2010-12-08

Nick8888,

This seems to work out for swapping out rss feeds for other nzb providers: eg. http://nzb.su (newznab based).

Is there anything preventing this from working properly, I'm not sure where the user/pass is called that you have in the conf.

- jayhawk785 - 2010-12-08

Hey Fellas, I'm having an issue with the thumbcache for sickbeard not working. I've read through here and it looks like there are some unresolved scenarios where other people had the same problem. I'm on OSX, so I'm not certain if paths are a problem or not.

Notice: Undefined variable: newlink in /Library/WebServer/Documents/portal/widgets/wComingEpisodes.php on line 125

Thats the only error/warning/notice I see when trying to pull the sickbeard piece. It does pull, just slower than I think it should--and nothing is written to the cache folder.

thanks

- Nick8888 - 2010-12-09

jayhawk785 Wrote:Nick8888,

This seems to work out for swapping out rss feeds for other nzb providers: eg. http://nzb.su (newznab based).

Is there anything preventing this from working properly, I'm not sure where the user/pass is called that you have in the conf.

i'm not sure what you are talking about here

- jayhawk785 - 2010-12-09

Nick8888 Wrote:i'm not sure what you are talking about here

The config had nzbmatrix or something rather urls in it, it also has a user/api place for it. Turns out, using rss from nzb.su worked, just curious why the user/api is also set elsewhere for that site.

any thoughts on the thumbnail caching?

- gugahoi - 2010-12-09

Thanks DejaVu appreciate it. The popup box I referred to is just when you hover the mouse over the name. It works on the RSS widget, and I just wanted to do something like that so that it would display a more complete information on the nzb the user wanted to know more. As I said a few posts back, there is a lot more info on the results that I did not use, so I thought I'd put it in the popup.

jayhawk785 Wrote:The config had nzbmatrix or something rather urls in it, it also has a user/api place for it. Turns out, using rss from nzb.su worked, just curious why the user/api is also set elsewhere for that site.

any thoughts on the thumbnail caching?

The user/api part for nzbmatrix in the config is just for the search widget. By default it is hidden, but if you go to layout.php, there is a part like this

Code:
)/*,
                "wSearch" => array(
                "title" => "Search",
                "display" => ""
            )*/

if you remove the /* and */ it should show up in your page. It is not yet working 100% but for the most of it, the widget works ok.

- jayhawk785 - 2010-12-09

gugahoi Wrote:Thanks DejaVu appreciate it. The popup box I referred to is just when you hover the mouse over the name. It works on the RSS widget, and I just wanted to do something like that so that it would display a more complete information on the nzb the user wanted to know more. As I said a few posts back, there is a lot more info on the results that I did not use, so I thought I'd put it in the popup.

The user/api part for nzbmatrix in the config is just for the search widget. By default it is hidden, but if you go to layout.php, there is a part like this

Code:
)/*,
                "wSearch" => array(
                "title" => "Search",
                "display" => ""
            )*/

if you remove the /* and */ it should show up in your page. It is not yet working 100% but for the most of it, the widget works ok.

Would you mind plugging some stuff in for nzb.su or just newznab in general? You can basically run your own indexing server at home with newznab, and it's also free to do so.

- gugahoi - 2010-12-12

Do you mean for the search widget?

error messages - branlr - 2010-12-12

I suddenly started getting these error messages for sickbeard comingeps widget and xbmc library widgets...

sickbeard = Fatal error: Call to undefined function curl_init() in C:\xampp\htdocs\Brandon\widgets\wComingEpisodes.php on line 201

all xbmc widgets = Fatal error: Call to undefined function curl_init() in C:\xampp\htdocs\Brandon\xbmcjsonlib.php on line 220

As far as I can see, the config file is fine. I updated both programs recently, and may have changed the ports, but as far as I can see the ports and IPs for the programs are all accurate. Am I'm just mistaken?

- Nick8888 - 2010-12-15

install curl..