Kodi Community Forum
MediaFrontPage - Web interface with widget type architecture to control multiple apps - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: MediaFrontPage - Web interface with widget type architecture to control multiple apps (/showthread.php?tid=83304)

- DejaVu - 2010-12-29

Right, I've been working on new uTorrent Widget for MFP for about 2 hours and have found something awesome, but I need some assistance adding it better.

I have it working perfectly, but it takes some serious setting up! I would love to make this easier for others to do. I can explain how I did it, but I hope your up for a challenge.

To narrow it down, it's an already made PHP script intergrated into the uTorrent WebGUI which is called and displayed inside a widget enabled with an iFrame.

The PHP script is called uTorrent MiniUI.

I would prefer to properly do this widget if anyone is able to assist...?
This widget gives you complete control over uTorrent and updates automatically. It needs adding the same as the Comingepisodes widget though. (iFrame).

The CSS for it is changable, but the whole file remains in a Zip file which contains .gz zips that I cannot edit for some reason...

Dev on MFP seems a tad slow lately. Most enjoying the holidays!!Image

On the subject of iFrames, it seems as though anything opened in an iframe in MFP is auto styled to match. Is this the case? If so, how about opening Sick/CP/Sab in a full page iFrame so it gets 'skinned' by MFP...?

- isamu.dragon - 2010-12-30

changed a few of your Command

Your Shutdown Command to this (Since I Run WIN7 for XBMC and usually Do NOT want my whole system shutdown)
Code:
$shortcut["Shutdown XBMC"] = array("json" => '{"jsonrpc": "2.0", "method": "XBMC.Quit", "id" : 1 }');

Used the JSONRPC code for Update Library (More efficient)
Code:
$shortcut["Update XBMC Video Library"] = array("json" => '{"jsonrpc": "2.0", "method": "VideoLibrary.ScanForContent", "id" : 1 }');

- r3sno - 2010-12-30

DejaVu77 Wrote:Right, I've been working on new uTorrent Widget for MFP for about 2 hours and have found something awesome, but I need some assistance adding it better.

I have it working perfectly, but it takes some serious setting up! I would love to make this easier for others to do. I can explain how I did it, but I hope your up for a challenge.

To narrow it down, it's an already made PHP script intergrated into the uTorrent WebGUI which is called and displayed inside a widget enabled with an iFrame.

The PHP script is called uTorrent MiniUI.

I would prefer to properly do this widget if anyone is able to assist...?
This widget gives you complete control over uTorrent and updates automatically. It needs adding the same as the Comingepisodes widget though. (iFrame).

The CSS for it is changable, but the whole file remains in a Zip file which contains .gz zips that I cannot edit for some reason...

Dev on MFP seems a tad slow lately. Most enjoying the holidays!!Image

On the subject of iFrames, it seems as though anything opened in an iframe in MFP is auto styled to match. Is this the case? If so, how about opening Sick/CP/Sab in a full page iFrame so it gets 'skinned' by MFP...?

Ive been thinking about picking up development on this application. Ill see what I can do.

- fistacorpse - 2010-12-30

This is a very nice looking project! In the process of installing it now Smile

Will have to look at the code itself because I'd love to see a widget for trakt.tv hooked into this.

For those who haven't used trakt.tv, as a quick summary, it's both a website which you sign up for & contains your profile, as well as being an XBMC add-on (through the program section, not through videos), which monitors the TV episodes and movies that you are watching and adds the episodes, TV shows and movies you have watched, and then recommends other TV shows or movies you may like based on other members who have watched the some of the same shows as you. It's pretty much social networking for what media you watch.

Would tie in really well because it would serve as a way to get recommendations of new TV shows and movies that you haven't heard of or seen before, and with the combination of Sick Beard and CouchPotato, you can directly download them.

Anyway, if anyone is keen to work on this, let me know, otherwise I'll give it a crack myself. Been a few years since I've properly used PHP, but I had a small project a few months ago, so I had a nice refresher then.

Great job guys!

- isamu.dragon - 2010-12-31

Just Curious, how about some jdownloader inegration

- niietzshe - 2010-12-31

Is there any chance of getting CouchPotato's Upcoming movies into the interfaces frontpage like how you have the sickbeard coming episodes?

Love this interface btw, it's made organising my HTPC with the various apps I use a geeks dream Smile

Niietzshe

P.s. If anyone has a script to start XBMC from the interface, could you pass it over?

- goake - 2010-12-31

Great Project!

Have got everything working as it should. However....

1) works fine in Chrome, doesn't work quite right in IE8 (Navigation links are obscured by nav bar, widgets dont have the little arrow on left, or edit link or exit X). Have read through the whole thread - noone else seems to have this issue?

2) It causes XBMC to crash about every 15 mins - especially if XBMC is doing something (i.e. playing movie, slideshow). Checked the XBMC crash log - there doesnt seem to be anything related in there.

My setup:

server 1 Windows server 2008 : mediafrontpage (via xampp), sabnzbd, couchpotato, sickbeard

server2: XBMClive

- m3g4tr0n - 2010-12-31

goake Wrote:Great Project!

Have got everything working as it should. However....

1) works fine in Chrome, doesn't work quite right in IE8 (Navigation links are obscured by nav bar, widgets dont have the little arrow on left, or edit link or exit X). Have read through the whole thread - noone else seems to have this issue?

2) It causes XBMC to crash about every 15 mins - especially if XBMC is doing something (i.e. playing movie, slideshow). Checked the XBMC crash log - there doesnt seem to be anything related in there.

My setup:

server 1 Windows server 2008 : mediafrontpage (via xampp), sabnzbd, couchpotato, sickbeard

server2: XBMClive

can you disable xbmc's web server in network settings and see if it still crashes.

- goake - 2011-01-01

m3g4tr0n Wrote:can you disable xbmc's web server in network settings and see if it still crashes.

The menu has changed somewhat and 'Enable Web Server' option isnt there. I assume 'Allow control of XBMC via HTTP' is the equivalent?

No crashes, but of course none of the XBMC widgets work either.

Run for four hours without a crash. Re-enabled the setting, XBMC widgets started working and XBMC crashed within 10 mins.

- Vankwish - 2011-01-01

Update on my earlier post, i finally got it all set up after a reinstall Smile

For anyone, like me, who is more of a novice and wants to get this up and running, it works great "out of the box" on an installation of xbmcfreaks latest 10.04 livecd.

To get the couchpotato and sickbeard redirects working i just copied nick8888's mod_proxy config into:

Code:
/etc/apache2/conf.d/sanzb.conf
Code:
<Location /sickbeard>
order deny,allow
deny from all
allow from all
ProxyPass http://localhost:[b]port[/b]/sickbeard
ProxyPassReverse http://localhost:[b]port[/b]/sickbeard
</location>

<Location /couchpotato>
    ProxyPass http://localhost:[b]port[/b]
    ProxyPassReverse http://localhost:[b]port[/b]
</Location>
and added these lines to each programs config.ini

Code:
[b]couchpotato[/b]
"urlbase = couchpotato"

[b]sickbeard[/b]
"web_root = /sickbeard"

also for sickbeard add "web_root = /sickbeard" to

/home/USER/.sickbeard/autoProcessTV/autoProcessTV.cfg
and all was working. I have not experienced any lockup's yet, but i have only been playing around for a while.

I also added links to webdav and transmission to media front page.

Once again ... ... thank you guys!

- Vankwish - 2011-01-02

At the risk of becoming annoying .. ...

I just have one or two more slight problems, I have everything working as per my earlier set up instructions but there are 2 things that are still bothering me:

1) the coming episode posters and sick beard links only work if i input the sickbeard address as http:\\ip:port... not if i input them as http:\\localhost:port...

is this normal? i was kindof hoping that i could keep it more dynamic by using "localhost"?

1.5) another similar problem with the xbmc address. using localhost grabs the now playing and library but not any of the media images. These only work if i use the ip instead of "localhost".

I am also being asked for xbmc and sickbeard user/password on first load and viewing library items?

2) the library cleanup link is not working. Have i missed anything in the config?

I hope that it is something relatively simple that i am doing wrong, but as of yet no other bugs\issues

- DejaVu - 2011-01-02

niietzshe Wrote:Is there any chance of getting CouchPotato's Upcoming movies into the interfaces frontpage like how you have the sickbeard coming episodes?

Love this interface btw, it's made organising my HTPC with the various apps I use a geeks dream Smile

Niietzshe

P.s. If anyone has a script to start XBMC from the interface, could you pass it over?

I'll look at trying this. I think it can be done by using Coming Episodes as a template. Also, to start XBMC from the interface, it needs functions being added to certain pages in order to do it. I'll investigate and add it once I work it out. Smile

Vankwish Wrote:At the risk of becoming annoying .. ...

I just have one or two more slight problems, I have everything working as per my earlier set up instructions but there are 2 things that are still bothering me:

1) the coming episode posters and sick beard links only work if i input the sickbeard address as http:\\ip:port... not if i input them as http:\\localhost:port...

is this normal? i was kindof hoping that i could keep it more dynamic by using "localhost"?

1.5) another similar problem with the xbmc address. using localhost grabs the now playing and library but not any of the media images. These only work if i use the ip instead of "localhost".

I am also being asked for xbmc and sickbeard user/password on first load and viewing library items?

2) the library cleanup link is not working. Have i missed anything in the config?

I hope that it is something relatively simple that i am doing wrong, but as of yet no other bugs\issues

1) The IP address should not matter if it's on the same machine... 192.168.0.2:8081 (Local IP) - LOCALHOST:8081 - 127.0.0.1:8081 all mean the same thing. It only matters if you are connected from a different machine. LOCALHOST & 127.0.0.1 will not work. I use IP Addesses because my setup has different programs on different machines as to not strain the system too much.

1.5) This is to do with the VFS address. Load up your normal XBMC Web interface and investigate where it pulls the images from and use the same address. User and Passwords are setup in the Config.php file. If they are incorrect, it will prompt you to enter the correct one... Check them. Smile

2) Without question. It will be the XBMC Address - check the ports match. Mine's been changed to 8082 as the original conflicts with SabNZBd (8080). Smile

- m3g4tr0n - 2011-01-02

goake Wrote:The menu has changed somewhat and 'Enable Web Server' option isnt there. I assume 'Allow control of XBMC via HTTP' is the equivalent? Yes, that's the one

No crashes, but of course none of the XBMC widgets work either.

Run for four hours without a crash. Re-enabled the setting, XBMC widgets started working and XBMC crashed within 10 mins.

try:

copy a few videos to the local hard disk
disconnect lan cable from xbmc machine
re-enable "Allow control of XBMC via HTTP"
play the local videos

ps. is there a crash log created @ /home/<username> and a xbmc.log @ /home/<username/.xbmc/temp

- Nick8888 - 2011-01-02

Hi guys, sorry for the lack of communication lately. I've been on holidays and have not had much internet access. I don't expect to spend much time on this anytime soon. Everyone is welcome to make any additions/changes on guthub as they see fit, just pm me to be added to the repo.

- goake - 2011-01-02

m3g4tr0n Wrote:try:

copy a few videos to the local hard disk
disconnect lan cable from xbmc machine
re-enable "Allow control of XBMC via HTTP"
play the local videos

ps. is there a crash log created @ /home/<username> and a xbmc.log @ /home/<username/.xbmc/temp

I can see what this is trying to do, but I've been running with 'Allow control of XBMC via HTTP' enabled for years playing videos over the lan with no incidents. I've only been running this build since the 22nd Dec, but kids are off school so its getting hammered, but the HTTP server is enabled, no incident. If I access the MediaFrontPage website then XBMC crashes within 10 mins everytime.

It did create the logs. I checked the crash log at the time but couldn't see anything relavant. I could access the MediaFrontPage website, cause xbmc to crash and send the logs to pastebin if you think that might help?

I was thinking of disabling all the XBMC widgets, and enabling them one at a time - at least find out which one is causing the issue?