Kodi Community Forum
MediaFrontPage - Web interface with widget type architecture to control multiple apps - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: MediaFrontPage - Web interface with widget type architecture to control multiple apps (/showthread.php?tid=83304)

- Wallz - 2011-01-13

Thanks for the fix and this is a great program. Is there an actual Couch Potato widget?

- DejaVu - 2011-01-14

Wallz Wrote:Thanks for the fix and this is a great program. Is there an actual Couch Potato widget?

Not yet, awaiting the newest additions in CP (which them boys are working hard on) until something is created.

On the other hand, if you want something added, request it (CP already in the todo list!) or attempt it yourself. Big Grin

- bmcclure937 - 2011-01-14

Has anyone successfully configured this awesome tool on their FreeNAS?!

I would love to have this to tie my FreeNAS, SABnzbd, Couch Potato, Sick Beard, and hardware monitoring into one awesome, clean, slick web interface Big Grin

I thoroughly hope this is possible! Wink

- Celox - 2011-01-14

what needs to be done to actually cache the images into sbpcache? i have the permissions set but the folder is still empty Sad

Code:
drwxr-xr-x 2 www-data www-data  4096 2011-01-13 11:26 sbpcache

// enter path to sickbeards's coming episodes page
$sickbeardcomingepisodes = 'http://xbmc/sickbeard/comingEpisodes';
$sickbeardurl = "http://xbmc/sickbeard";

i have all the web-apps running through lighty's proxy module so no need for port definition. all requests and apps communicate locally through loopback.

everything works fine except the sbpcache being empty

@bmcclure937
it can be done on any *nix based system as long as u have the required dependencies running, just read the first post.

- thezoggy - 2011-01-15

we are in the process of adding code so that sickbeard will do caching of the metadata... going to be a few weeks out at least though.

Celox Wrote:what needs to be done to actually cache the images into sbpcache? i have the permissions set but the folder is still empty Sad

Code:
drwxr-xr-x 2 www-data www-data  4096 2011-01-13 11:26 sbpcache

// enter path to sickbeards's coming episodes page
$sickbeardcomingepisodes = 'http://xbmc/sickbeard/comingEpisodes';
$sickbeardurl = "http://xbmc/sickbeard";

i have all the web-apps running through lighty's proxy module so no need for port definition. all requests and apps communicate locally through loopback.

everything works fine except the sbpcache being empty

@bmcclure937
it can be done on any *nix based system as long as u have the required dependencies running, just read the first post.

- DPickles - 2011-01-15

Is there any way to use this without sickbeard etc? I was hoping to use it to view my library and control xbmc over my server. eg shutdown, update/clean library etc.

Perhaps a stripped down version?

- Wallz - 2011-01-15

DPickles Wrote:Is there any way to use this without sickbeard etc? I was hoping to use it to view my library and control xbmc over my server. eg shutdown, update/clean library etc.

Perhaps a stripped down version?

if you go into layout.php you should be able to comment out widgets that you don't want to be shown. You may also have to delete their files in /widgets/

- DejaVu - 2011-01-15

I've made some changes to thezoggy's ComingEpisodes.css file.

Made it more uniform so it's easier to read (and edit). I've also added a few subtle differences that may matter to others - including auto resizing the widget to fit screen size and centred the Show Title (to help with separating elements).

Here is a screeny, if anyone wants it committed, let me know.

- thezoggy - 2011-01-16

i know you guys are going to hate me even more.. making some more changes that will break some things without updating. changing up a few css related things and redoing the navigation, here is a preview:

- XBL. - 2011-01-17

Just installed the script. Looks nice, works good (and I like the fact that it's build to be quite extendable). Is there a list of current available widgets?

Robotica Wrote:A user created a php-script to update rating info (and number of votes) in the database (incl. sql). Maybe this would be a nice feature to add?

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=72094

I'm the original author of the script. Unfortunately, I do not have the time to integrate it into mediafrontpage (also, I think it needs a rewrite since some of the PHP is very ugly - especially the way it talks to the sqlite db).

- DejaVu - 2011-01-17

thezoggy Wrote:i know you guys are going to hate me even more.. making some more changes that will break some things without updating. changing up a few css related things and redoing the navigation, here is a preview:
Is that what midgetspy has done to SB or is this implemented by yourself? Reason I ask, once SB installs an update, it'll delete these changes no?
XBL. Wrote:Just installed the script. Looks nice, works good (and I like the fact that it's build to be quite extendable). Is there a list of current available widgets?

I'm the original author of the script. Unfortunately, I do not have the time to integrate it into mediafrontpage (also, I think it needs a rewrite since some of the PHP is very ugly - especially the way it talks to the sqlite db).

Have you got a screen shot of your script in action? As long as it's CSS scriptable it can be added to MFP, even if it's just within a iFrame'd Div (which is how I got the uTorrent widget working).

- XBL. - 2011-01-18

DejaVu77 Wrote:Have you got a screen shot of your script in action? As long as it's CSS scriptable it can be added to MFP, even if it's just within a iFrame'd Div (which is how I got the uTorrent widget working).

It's a shell script (written in PHP, because I have no clue how to fix it in an other language Wink ). As it goes over every movie (or part of your movies), it has to check the IMDb site every time - which makes quite lengthy, so it runs in the background.

I don't think it's implementable as a widget. My guess would be that you would add a simple URL under 'Control' which allows you to start the script in the background.

- XBL. - 2011-01-18

I'm not sure if I should request this here or on the git page, so please tell me if it's in the wrong place.

It would be nice to see a different error if XBMC is unreachable. I have the script running on my storage server (which also handles the downloads of media etc) and my mediacenter is a box under the TV which only streams everything from the storage server.

From a non-techie point of view the current error is very difficult to understand. My roommates kept bugging me Wink.

Instead of:

Quote:XBMC's JSON API did not respond.

Check your configuration (config.php) and that the JSON service variable is configured correctly and that the Service is running.

Something like this would be better:

Quote:XBMC is not running.

Maybe add a little text to it (or some other way) explaining that it could also be a broken config or broken XBMC API.

- DejaVu - 2011-01-18

To satisfy your mates, changing the error message is simple (but guess you already knew that).

For others that do not -

Open up /var/www/xbmcjsonlib.php

Find the lines near the top -
Code:
$COMM_ERROR = "\n<p><strong>XBMC's JSON API did not respond.</strong></p>\n<p>Check your configuration (config.php) and that the JSON service variable is configured correctly and that the <a href=\"".$xbmcjsonservice."\">Service</a> is running.</p>\n";
$JSON_ERROR = "\n<p><strong>XBMC's <a href=\"".$xbmcjsonservice."\">JSON API service</a> returned an Error.</strong></p>\n";

And change them to what you want Smile
Me, I'd say something sarcastic like - You dopey sods, it's OFF!!

But to make it practical, you can use -
Code:
$COMM_ERROR = "\n<p><strong>XBMC is not running.</strong></p>";
$JSON_ERROR = "\n<p><strong>XBMC's <a href=\"".$xbmcjsonservice."\">JSON service</a> returned an Error.</strong></p>\n";

My XBMC is on 24/7, so I cant test ATM. But I'm sure that is what your looking for! Wink

- thezoggy - 2011-01-18

lots of goodies just pushed out to master branch..
  • new multi-level menu, submenu is still there but mainly for 'actions' not navigation.
  • added new "list view" for the coming ep page.. no metadata or summary.. but very quick and allows you to sort how you want.
  • sickbeard now will build it's own metadata cache (nightly) of your tv shows in both banner and poster format. now you can switch layouts and things will look great in either. note that it will use your existing metadata first and then fill in missing (banner/poster) from the tvdb if it exists. to kick of this process manually rather than waiting 24hrs go to Manage > click on the checkbox for Rescan all items > Submit. Then wait.. takes roughly 30secs per tv show the first time through.
  • new option to use banners.jpg instead of folder.jpg -- config > general.

The template updates might break auto-updates so after updating you might have to restart SB manually.

about the cached images -- right now it doesn't not re-size the images but uses their full size. resizing will come later. im off to bed now, but I'll update the css for mediafrontpage if you guys like since I'm the one changing everything and i know whats changed.