Kodi Community Forum
MediaFrontPage - Web interface with widget type architecture to control multiple apps - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: MediaFrontPage - Web interface with widget type architecture to control multiple apps (/showthread.php?tid=83304)

- ncfitzge - 2011-02-08

mwkurt/prophetizer

I have the same problem. I fixed part of the PEAR problem. Go into your php directory and run 'pear-update.bat'

If you are receiving the 220 error, make sure you check the curl in php.ini, save, stop apache and mysql and then restart both.

After that, both should work.

- steve1977 - 2011-02-08

steve1977 Wrote:Unfortunately, still no change about the menu on top ("home" icon shows ok, but XBMC and all others dont really show). Cache is cleared through options in Chrome. Any other thoughts?

Any idea? Must have something to do with clearing cache or some other config in Google Chrome. Anyone with any smart thoughts to fix this?

- ncfitzge - 2011-02-08

steve1977 Wrote:Any idea? Must have something to do with clearing cache or some other config in Google Chrome. Anyone with any smart thoughts to fix this?

Have you loaded it in Firefox or IE? This should tell you if your any of your files became corrupt.

- steve1977 - 2011-02-08

ncfitzge Wrote:Have you loaded it in Firefox or IE? This should tell you if your any of your files became corrupt.

I tried both Chrome and IExplorer on 2 computers:

Computer 1 (the one with MFP installed on)
Chrome - works 100%
IExplorer - doesnt work

Computer 2 (over LAN)
Chrome - works except the menu bar
IExplorer - several error messages

Any thoughts?

- ncfitzge - 2011-02-08

If I were to guess, the one computer that is working is running off of cache file. I'm far from being an expert, but I would start the process of rebuilding the webpage.

1. Make a copy of your current setup, htdoc or what not.
2. Copy a brand spankin new web directory.
3. Verify everything works. (I can help a little more if you let me know what server/program you are using)
4. Edit the config and layout
5. Verify it works

When updating the config files, do one section at a time. Yes, you will have errors in the widgets that are not correct. But it will help you localize where the errors are coming from. Thats how I figured out the PEAR/CURL errors. Most likely, your layout/css files became corrupt.

Once you get a working base model, make a copy of that entire web directory. It will make it easier to restore if you find the bug causing the problems.

- prophetizer - 2011-02-08

i updated pear from the website, no issues there now, but i can't use IE or chrome to get menu links, i use chrome as my default browser so this would be nice. i am using the chrome dev channel version, don't know if that is why or not.

- mwkurt - 2011-02-08

How did you go about updating once you got there? When I tried, it made no difference to my errors.

Mark

looks like i lied, i ran the update and it didn't fix my deprecated errors, so i renamed the PEAR directory, that fixed it. i don't like that solution, but i haven't found any others yet

- ncfitzge - 2011-02-08

Prophetizer - Steve is having the same problems as you. I typically use Firefox, but will try IE when I get home. It is possible that the browser is not able to display the php stuff.

Mwkurt - Once you run the file, a DOS window will pop up. Let it run, it will take a bit. It will close once it is complete. After that, restart your webserver and clear the cache out of your browsers.

- steve1977 - 2011-02-08

I uninstalled and installed everything again. Now, I am getting the same error as you guys do plus my menu bar is not working in Chrome.

Not sure whether I understood your solution, can you elaborating what your renamed and/or updated?

i just renamed the PEAR folder, since it isn't needed. but i'm going to try the update as ncfitzge suggested.

and, IE and Chrome can display PHP just fine so i'm not sure what you meant by that ncfitzge.

- thezoggy - 2011-02-08

Celox Wrote:AWilco's changes worked for me! thanks a lot thezoggy for helping me out! Smile and of course Awilco for the changes!
for reference (just in case anyone else is experience the problem) updating widgets/wComingEpisodes.php fixed the problem for me!

https://github.com/AWilco/mediafrontpage/blob/f8b5fb75e4861b1f995e0f9637a54d44e04b15d7/widgets/wComingEpisodes.php

We pushed out a bunch of updates to the master branch last night, can you check to see if MFP sickbeard widget is still working for ya?

- steve1977 - 2011-02-08

prophetizer Wrote:i just renamed the PEAR folder, since it isn't needed. but i'm going to try the update as ncfitzge suggested.

and, IE and Chrome can display PHP just fine so i'm not sure what you meant by that ncfitzge.

Ok, this prob is fixed again, but the top-bar still doesn't look "proper" on Google Chrome... Any other thought what I could try?

- ncfitzge - 2011-02-08

I would avoid renaming PEAR. It is used for structuring php files. Renaming the file may cause structural problems down the line.

http://pear.php.net/manual/en/about.pear.php

I'm not able to look at the code right now, but it sounds like your browser is adjust the size of the menu bar. Typically, browsers will do this to adjust the webpage content to fit different size screens.

You said you had it working before? Did you update anything on your computer in between? When I get home, I'll try loading mine in IE and Chrome.

well i figured it was a CSS issue, and i was right. this CSS is made specifically for Firefox/Mozilla browsers i imagine.

so in the nav.css file, under #nav-menu, comment out width: 2000px;
i don't know why this is like that, it doesn't even make sense to me. but this explains the various issues with other browsers. it's almost useless in IE, but thats fine for me lol, maybe i'll take a look at the css and make it work a bit better all around.