Kodi Community Forum
MediaFrontPage - Web interface with widget type architecture to control multiple apps - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: MediaFrontPage - Web interface with widget type architecture to control multiple apps (/showthread.php?tid=83304)

- prophetizer - 2011-02-21

steve1977 Wrote:I believe that I have succeeded with the PEAR update now. However, it still doesn't work properly (still "deprecate error" for recently added movies/TV shows). Can you confirm that the update fixed it for you and whether you did anything else to fix it beyond the PEAR update? Thanks for your help!

i did add this to the config.php
Code:
error_reporting (E_ALL ^ E_NOTICE);

also try running the PEAR updater again, i think i did it manually first, then the updater worked for me

- FatBoyNotSoSlim - 2011-02-21

AWilco Wrote:Try replacing widgets/wComingEpisodes.php with this version:
https://github.com/AWilco/mediafrontpage/raw/f8b5fb75e4861b1f995e0f9637a54d44e04b15d7/widgets/wComingEpisodes.php

prophetizer Wrote:well i figured it was a CSS issue, and i was right. this CSS is made specifically for Firefox/Mozilla browsers i imagine.

so in the nav.css file, under #nav-menu, comment out width: 2000px;
i don't know why this is like that, it doesn't even make sense to me. but this explains the various issues with other browsers. it's almost useless in IE, but thats fine for me lol, maybe i'll take a look at the css and make it work a bit better all around.

I just want to let everyone know, that I've set up MFP from scratch in the last few hours, and the above two modifications were the only ones I needed to do from the source to have everything working nicely. Smile

Next on my list to find some better suited RSS feeds, and mount my actual file servers shares so I can see freespace on it's array. Smile

Is this how I set up the MySQL connection option? I switched over to MySQL a few months ago, so I could have all my HTPCs and Computers running XBMC in sync:
Quote:$xbmcdbconn = array(
'video' => array(
'dns' => 'mysql:host=IP_ADDRESS_OF_SERVER;dbname=xbmc_videos',
'username' => 'MYSQL USERNAME',
'password' => 'MYSQL PASSWORD',
'options' => array(PDO::MYSQL_ATTR_INIT_COMMAND => "SET NAMES utf8")
),
'music' => array(
'dns' => 'mysql:host=IP_ADDRESS_OF_SERVER;dbname=xbmc_music',
'username' => 'MYSQL USERNAME',
'password' => 'MYSQL PASSWORD',
'options' => array(PDO::MYSQL_ATTR_INIT_COMMAND => "SET NAMES utf8")
),

);

- gugahoi - 2011-02-27

Hey guys,
Haven't been around in a while. I see development kind of stagnated eh?
Just coming past to post some modifications I made on the Search widget as it was all out of sorts. Now it seems to print the results in a nice way. Wanted to know what you guys think? Also, I am not sure if anyone really uses it but it seems to me to be a useful feature. Any feedback would be great. If people like it I can push it to git.

Cheers

- RaNaMaster - 2011-02-27

how do i configer the Search widget with nzb.su

- gugahoi - 2011-02-27

So here are the files. Got nzb.su search working but still a few bugs to fix.

The only one you really need is wSearch.php. Need to put it on widgets folder, probably replacing the old one.

I'll explain the little modifications on the other files but if desired you can always just replace the old ones with the ones I uploaded.

-------layout.php--------

need to add the code below. Don't forget the comma after the bracket from the other widget. It will have something like this

"wXBMCLibrary" => array(
"title" => "XBMC Library",
"display" => ""
),<------dont forget this comma

Code:
"wSearch" => array(
    "title" => "NZBMatrix",
    "display" => ""
)

----front.css-------

Need to add the following--

Code:
p2 {
    color: #666666;
    margin: .5em 0;
    font-size: 12px;
    line-height: 100%;
}

And finally, this must be done, otherwise it won't work.

Add the following to config.php

Code:
//enter NZBmatrix login
$nzbusername = 'your nzb matrix username';        //username
$nzbapi = 'your nzb matrix api';           //api

//enter nzb.su login
$nzbsuapi = 'your nzb.su api';                // find this in http://nzb.su/profile where it says "Add this string to your feed URL to allow NZB downloads without logging in:"
$nzbsudl = '&i=XXXX&r=XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX';      // find this in http://nzb.su/rss

And that's it. It's not as complicated as it looks. Let me know your experience guys and if there are any problems just ask.

- RaNaMaster - 2011-02-28

hey gugahoi i just got done setting up mine love it....it makes it so easy for the kids and wife to find what they need think you sooo much

- gugahoi - 2011-02-28

Thanks for the feedback. I've done some more work on it again. Now I managed to get categories for nzb.su working. I also created a fork of the original repo so that anybody can just follow these little modifications I make over the next few days.
Just get this repo and you'll get my latest updates.

It would also be nice if someone that knows some programming could give me some insight on how to get the contents of a page (the search results) with javascript like it was done on the RSS widget. I've been trying with no luck. Cheers

- RaNaMaster - 2011-03-01

hi quqahoi the search results don't say in borders when i minimize brower just updating you not a big deal

- DejaVu - 2011-03-01

Dude! Get that up on git. I want that in my life! :p

Updates for this have become few and far between, I guess you cant mess with perfection! Smile

But that improvement needs to be shared. Top stuff.

Does is now give unlimited results? I found it didnt find older stuff for me...?

- gugahoi - 2011-03-01

@RaNaMaster --> When I search nzb.su mine also doen't stay within the borders. Been trying to fix that but no success yet. Although it seems to work with nzbmatrix. What browser are you using?

@DejaVu --> Unfortunately the search is limited from the websites themselves. NZBMatrix has a 25 item limit so I'm not sure if it's possible but I'll try to find a solution to that, I've got a couple of ideas. nzb.su has a 100 items limit so probably a bit better. As I said, I've forked the original git repo, so if you want the updates then just head over to mine for now. If I managed to fix all the bugs, I'll try and merge my stuff to the original git. Btw, are you able to help with some javascript?

- RaNaMaster - 2011-03-01

i use firefox

- gugahoi - 2011-03-01

Could you update to the latest one from my repo and see if it's still not working properly? I think I found the fix for it. At least in chrome it seems to be working.

- RaNaMaster - 2011-03-02

yap it works thank you again

- gugahoi - 2011-03-02

Just to let all know i've done a few updates today, nothing major.

- DejaVu - 2011-03-03

Installed MFP from your branch today. Quite impressed, but not overly keen on the HTML Table. Had to change it to "border='0'".

Any chance of implementing the Zebra style CSS that's already in the other widgets. I think it's done similar to this. Like the RSS results...?