Kodi Community Forum
MediaFrontPage - Web interface with widget type architecture to control multiple apps - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: MediaFrontPage - Web interface with widget type architecture to control multiple apps (/showthread.php?tid=83304)

- DejaVu - 2011-04-15

You absolutely right, removed the link inside the iFrame and the problem goes away. Must be somesort of conflicting code. Shame.

- branlr - 2011-04-15

Would it be possible to get an updated OP? Seems a LOT of work has been done on this that is not reflected there... would be great to see a list of all widgets, what ones are integrated into git, if there are any others that aren't, what are the downloads, etc...

It's a fantastic app that you guys have designed, but it is so ever-changing, and difficult to keep up with the thread at this point.

- gugahoi - 2011-04-16

DejaVu77 Wrote:You absolutely right, removed the link inside the iFrame and the problem goes away. Must be somesort of conflicting code. Shame.

So I guess we agree then? Start one from scratch....

I know it would be great to have that widget specially since it has all the javascript coded already but I think we can get something similar. I was actually developing a new Sab widget with some more functionality that looked like this utorrent one but was having some problems with the javascript code so I stopped. I'm sure we can develop one just fine tho.

Would you still want to get your modification up on the git repo?

- hernandito - 2011-04-16

Suggestion.

Would it be possible to modify the Now Playing widget to allow one to list more than one XBMC device?

I have 2 XBMCs in my home, along with a centralized library (including thumbnails). It is nice that I get Recent Movies and TV Shows showing up centralized by referring to one of the XBMC clients. But what if I want to also see and control the other device?

Thanks.

- RaNaMaster - 2011-04-16

hernandito Wrote:Suggestion.

Would it be possible to modify the Now Playing widget to allow one to list more than one XBMC device?

I have 2 XBMCs in my home, along with a centralized library (including thumbnails). It is nice that I get Recent Movies and TV Shows showing up centralized by referring to one of the XBMC clients. But what if I want to also see and control the other device?

Thanks.

ummm nice but i dont think i want to see two now playing widget not all the time at least how about the only time the now playing widget come's up is when something is playing and it tells you at witch play bedroom or living room when they bedroom and living room xbmc are playing then i guess show both

- DejaVu - 2011-04-16

branlr Wrote:Would it be possible to get an updated OP? Seems a LOT of work has been done on this that is not reflected there... would be great to see a list of all widgets, what ones are integrated into git, if there are any others that aren't, what are the downloads, etc...

It's a fantastic app that you guys have designed, but it is so ever-changing, and difficult to keep up with the thread at this point.
I'll PM Nick8888 and see if he can update it.

gugahoi Wrote:So I guess we agree then? Start one from scratch....
Perhaps, I would love to be able too, but my talents are very limited with PHP, I'm a 'Copy & Paste' type coder. I trial and error everything...

However, after much googling and searching dead ends, I finally found this which I think will work and will have a go at trying to copy and paste it in! lol

I think it nails what we need, without the need of working everything out...?

http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?id=95620

It's PHP this time, so I think it should be able to simply transfered into a Widget and the settings added to our config.php...?

RaNaMaster Wrote:ummm nice but i dont think i want to see two now playing widget not all the time at least how about the only time the now playing widget come's up is when something is playing and it tells you at witch play bedroom or living room when they bedroom and living room xbmc are playing then i guess show both

The idea would be that you only show the ones you need... perhaps a drop box where you pick which XBMC client to view and control and that is what the widget shows. Basically the idea is to be able to see all your XBMC clients...

What do you guys think? I made it 4 sections...

I get a small "loading" box when I refresh the page... not sure if its happening because I have downloads happening, and movie playing at the same time. But I do not get it when using the 3 section version.

- RaNaMaster - 2011-04-16

hernandito Wrote:What do you guys think? I made it 4 sections...

I get a small "loading" box when I refresh the page... not sure if its happening because I have downloads happening, and movie playing at the same time. But I do not get it when using the 3 section version.

im guessing you are using firefox try Google Chrome and ur not going to see the loading box its the SB widget ...i have the same problem sense im using firefox to let me know if you find a fix

- DejaVu - 2011-04-16

hernandito Wrote:What do you guys think? I made it 4 sections...

I like that a lot and think MFP needed a little more real estate seeing as the widgets that are being produced. Any chance of sharing your changes?

DejaVu77 Wrote:I like that a lot and think MFP needed a little more real estate seeing as the widgets that are being produced. Any chance of sharing your changes?

Sure but I have tweaked many files throughout....

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=EYTR05KZ

- DejaVu - 2011-04-16

hernandito Wrote:Sure but I have tweaked many files throughout....

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=EYTR05KZ

Gugahoi! This needs adding matey! Smile

What would be good is the option from 3 to 4 columns....!?

DejaVu77 Wrote:Gugahoi! This needs adding matey! Smile

What would be good is the option from 3 to 4 columns....!?

This was actually easy... add a new section to the widget.css and to layout.php. Then drag widgets around. You control the section widths in the % in the widget.css file.

- DejaVu - 2011-04-17

Hopefully easy to add it as an option then! Wink

- DejaVu - 2011-04-17

My uTorrent Widget on page 67 has just been repaired. I had wracked my brains for ages because I knew I had it working perfectly before... Open iFrame tag! Doh! Wink

Use and abuse to your hearts content!