Kodi Community Forum
MediaFrontPage - Web interface with widget type architecture to control multiple apps - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: MediaFrontPage - Web interface with widget type architecture to control multiple apps (/showthread.php?tid=83304)

- DejaVu - 2011-05-02

Oh, bad news Gugahoi, hope you get it sorted.

I've decided to revisit the ComingEpisodes Widget as I dont like the scroll bars in FF and Google Chrome. I'm looking into making them hidden (done) and auto scrolling with a mouseover image to make it look better.

Is it possible to put this in the widget's title bar? I'm not so sure as they seem to be generic.

I'm trying to implement an iFrame javascript scroller by adding floating Divs to the widget, it's not working out simple though.

Something like this would be wicked...
http://manos.malihu.gr/tuts/jquery_custom_scrollbar.html

--EDIT--
I added this to mediafrontpage.php and wComingEpisodes.php, but it failed to make any difference. Sad
Any help would be appreciated. Not sure what I'm doing wrong.

--EDIT2--
Cannot bend my head around this (given up), is it even possible to implement something like this with our draggable widgets?
Seems like the scroll bar wont wrap around the ComingEpisodesWrapper Div correctly, or more to the point, I dont understand how it works.

--EDIT3--
After spending most of the day on this. I have now thrown the towel in.
Another avenue I tried - http://jscrollpane.kelvinluck.com/index.html. But cannot do it. I admit defeat.

- DPickles - 2011-05-02

DejaVu Wrote:I've decided to revisit the ComingEpisodes Widget as I dont like the scroll bars in FF and Google Chrome. I'm looking into making them hidden (done) and auto scrolling with a mouseover image to make it look better.

The scroll bars in firefox actually work? I've only been able to get them to work in chrome.

- DejaVu - 2011-05-02

These will as it's a javascript that scrolls a div! Wink
I got it to show, but couldnt get it to look or react right (using Chrome).

I had issues because the Div already has a class or ID attached to it. Tried encapsulating it again, but it then breaks the dragging.

I'm going to continue trying. I WILL learn how! Pointers are always welcome though. Smile

- DejaVu - 2011-05-03

Right, I have managed to get something working, but it's not finished yet.

The scrollbar is floating, thus you can put it anywhere in the layout and it wont look too crap. Smile

Also added the Trakt widget, but that was just for my benefit Smile
If you could give me a hand with the CSS and sorting this so it looks better and is able to re-adjust for smaller resolutions, please PM me.

To test it clone from
https://github.com/DejaVu77/mediafrontpage
It only really looks right using a large resolution (I use 1680x1050). This, as you can see, has the 4 column and extra external link nav bar.

MAKE SURE YOU BACK UP YOUR INSTALL FIRST!

Things that need addressing.
  • Width, height, relative or absolute formatting in CSS that confuses me, I did my best and it took AGES!
  • Scrolling has a delay (not smooth, I think this is because it's an assigned Div inside an assigned Div and needs time to re-adjust).

How it's meant to react =
http://manos.malihu.gr/tuts/jquery_custom_scrollbar.html
(3rd Column across)

- DPickles - 2011-05-03

i'll have a look at this when i get home and see if i can make a difference.

You made a trakt widget? Nice idea. I can assume it's just the trakt widget code?

- DPickles - 2011-05-03

All of my attempts to fix it just broke it Sad

- DejaVu - 2011-05-03

All the adjustments for it live in css/comingepisode-scrollbar.css

But it's not easy to play with. Gonna try a tweak it a bit more today and try and work out why it doesnt scroll in realtime.

Stupid Slideshow-Control Widget - hernandito - 2011-05-03

I have created and incorporated a slideshow into the Control Widget. I had it as a standalone widget, but prefer it within the Control widget to save real estate.

I created the slideshow with Ken Burns effects with close to 1200 images from my "fanart" xbmc folder. I used Flash Slideshow Maker. You are welcome to use mine, or create your own with the same software.

You need to place the "Fanart" folder inside the .rar file into a folder accessible by your web server. You then need to edit the wControl.php file to point to the folder and fanart.html file.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=SHZXOCYH

I would love to hear comments (specially negative ones).

Guga, I am praying to the Hard Drive gods on your behalf...!

- rflores2323 - 2011-05-03

man its hard to keep up with the progress on all the new widgets in this thread. can someone update teh front page with the new stuff for this please.

- DejaVu - 2011-05-03

rflores2323 Wrote:man its hard to keep up with the progress on all the new widgets in this thread. can someone update teh front page with the new stuff for this please.

I PM'd Nick8888, but had no reply as of yet. I could make a new thread if it's easier?

I'll PM him again and a MOD to see if it's appropriate.

DejaVu Wrote:I PM'd Nick8888, but had no reply as of yet. I could make a new thread if it's easier?

I'll PM him again and a MOD to see if it's appropriate.

yeah I dont think nick8888 is keeping up with the development it seems like (edit: last post in 4-8-11 so hes not too behind). I think a new thread would be great since this thread is 80+ pages. would be nice to start fresh with all these new additions to this great interface. just my personal opinion. Big Grin

- DejaVu - 2011-05-03

rflores2323 Wrote:man its hard to keep up with the progress on all the new widgets in this thread. can someone update teh front page with the new stuff for this please.
I PM'd Nick8888, but had no reply as of yet.
rflores2323 Wrote:I think a new thread would be great since this thread is 80+ pages.
I think Gugahoi should have the privilege of owning that thread seeing as he's almost single handedly kept this alive. Wink

Maybe keep this one open for Development of Widgets and open another for queries and troubleshooting.

Also, the peeps making edits and adding stuff I think should all upload there changes to Git using a branch from Gugahoi's master.
I do not upload my changes because I'm not sure they are good enough and prefer feedback first (but I guess that can be done from one place), I already have Push to Gugahoi's repo.

I can also, if need be, add a quick guide to cloning, committing, staging and pushing your changes to Git. It's not that hard really.

To give you an idea how far on this has come, checkout the timeline for the original Git https://github.com/nick8888/mediafrontpage/network
You will notice Nick8888's is a bit dated compared to how far along Gugahoi's has come (Drag the timeline to view it).

Also this is known as the Fork Queue - https://github.com/nick8888/mediafrontpage/forkqueue
These are the changes and dates they were made on everyones branch (still awaiting adding to Nick8888's repo). Hence why Gugahoi's is more upto date. In the Fork queue, there are changes made ages ago, they may have been needed, but were never added (might be worth looking at those changes!)

Github is what this project is all about, it's community coding, meaning exactly that. The changes to your branch can easily be implemented into if the additions work.

IMO - all additions so far are great (apart from perhaps my over enthusiastic uTorrent Widget) and considering they are optional for the end user anyway, it makes sense to get as many of these things in as possible.

Just to put some of what I've seen available in a list -
(These are from memory)

Nick8888 (MIA)
  • Implemented and started the project
  • Explained how the Widgets system works and helped improve most of the early attempts! Wink
  • Last seen working on a mySQL/Database version
  • Hard Drive Stats Widget
  • Now Playing Widget
  • Recent TV & Recent Movies
  • Media Library Widget
  • Control Widget
  • Upcoming Episodes (Original Coming Episodes Widget)
  • Mobile Phone Compatibility (host:port/m)
Zarquon (MIA)
  • Completely overhauled MFP and created ComingEpisodes Widget
  • I believe centralised the settings in config.php (dont quote me)
  • Also last seen working on a mySQL/Database version
  • Added HighSlide to all images.
  • Mobile Phone Compatibility (host:port/m)
TheZoggy (MIA - but probably watching! Wink)
  • Major reapairs to the ComingEpisodes Widget after SB's last huge update.
Gugahoi
  • NZB Search Widget
  • Transmission Widget
  • SabNZBd Widget
  • RSS Feed (Revisited)
  • JDownloader (WIP)
Hernandito
  • Light Flavoured Skin
  • Split the Widget Columns from 3 to 4.
  • FanArt Slideshow
  • Added 'extra links' in the Nav menu.
  • Alternative Transmission widget, needs code edits to function - not currently implemented.
DejaVu
  • uTorrent Widget (needs a revisit IMO)
  • RSS Feed (Original)
  • Trakt Status Widget (Basic)
  • Coming Episodes Scrollbar (Fiddly CSS - likely to change it).

If I missed anyone out (apologies), if I've missed something or got information wrong, please let me know and I'll add/edit this post.

^^^ great idea! this would be great to have the community do to be able to follow.

- hernandito - 2011-05-03

DejaVu Wrote:I think Gugahoi should have the privilege of owning that thread seeing as he's almost single handedly kept this alive. Wink

Maybe keep this one open for Development of Widgets and open another for queries and troubleshooting.

Hernandito
  • Light Flavoured Skin
  • Split the Widget Columns from 3 to 4.
  • FanArt Slideshow
  • Added 'extra links' in the Nav menu.
Awesome idea.

I also created an alternate Transmission plugin as I could not get Guga's to work on my server. This requires changes to the Transmission web templates themselves.

I know nothing about Git, but I would be more than happy to learn. I do need some Github guidance. Starting with the overall concept of what branching is and how one approaches this. My programming skills are next to nothing. I basically try to tweak the work of others, thus I cannot take credit for anything.

- DejaVu - 2011-05-03

Tweaking of others is exactly what Git is about. I know nothing about coding (or very little), I'm a find/copy/paste/edit coder of PHP, Javascript and JQuery and it's usually trial and error. I'm not even much cop with CSS!

I'll write up on here in a bit a quick 'how to' use Git. Make sure you sign up in the meantime. Wink
(Are you a Windows or Linux user? I will address both, although I find Linux easier as I've used it more).

Also updated the Readme.md on Gugahoi's Github to include a better write up on the first page - with pictures and formatting!

https://github.com/gugahoi/mediafrontpage