Kodi Community Forum
MediaFrontPage - Web interface with widget type architecture to control multiple apps - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: MediaFrontPage - Web interface with widget type architecture to control multiple apps (/showthread.php?tid=83304)

- gugahoi - 2011-05-10

Lotta messages to catch up on! Good stuff....

Just merged imdb branch with master and noticed some errors so don't download it just yet as I have to iron them out.

- gugahoi - 2011-05-10

I think I've got the solution for an optional SubMenu! One thing that seems weird is that the submenu items are centered and I thought they were supposed to be floating to the right. Am I wrong?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m1fALbi0fXk

What do you think?

- badboy123 - 2011-05-10

I tried running MediaFrontPage (MFP) and managed to get it going...

I have 1 question and not sure if its been answered before...

I am running XBMC on my main windows pc...I only run it when I'm watching something and after that I close XBMC...

Under MFP, "XBMC Library", "Recent TV" and "Recent Movies" work fine when XBMC is running however, when I close XBMC I get the "XBMC's JSON API did not respond....[check] that the service is running." error

Is there a way to run XBMC as a service or 'something' to bypass this error?

- gugahoi - 2011-05-10

badboy123 Wrote:I tried running MediaFrontPage (MFP) and managed to get it going...

I have 1 question and not sure if its been answered before...

I am running XBMC on my main windows pc...I only run it when I'm watching something and after that I close XBMC...

Under MFP, "XBMC Library", "Recent TV" and "Recent Movies" work fine when XBMC is running however, when I close XBMC I get the "XBMC's JSON API did not respond....[check] that the service is running." error

Is there a way to run XBMC as a service or 'something' to bypass this error?

I don't think you can use it as a service but you can use the MySQL library database to bypass that. If you search for MySQL database in the forum I'm sure you'll find the instructions.

- DejaVu - 2011-05-10

gugahoi Wrote:I think I've got the solution for an optional SubMenu! One thing that seems weird is that the submenu items are centered and I thought they were supposed to be floating to the right. Am I wrong?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m1fALbi0fXk

What do you think?

Optional Submenu, if nothing is on it, it doesnt show!!? TOP STUFF!

Not sure about the centred approach (I'm used to them floating right, but guess it'll grow on me too. Smile

- gugahoi - 2011-05-10

DejaVu Wrote:Optional Submenu, if nothing is on it, it doesnt show!!? TOP STUFF!

Not sure about the centred approach (I'm used to them floating right, but guess it'll grow on me too. Smile

Nonono I want it to float right... but can't seem to find how to do it. I've copied hernanditos files but for some reason it doesn't float...

I've commited the files anyway so if anyone can fix that I'd be most grateful.

- RaNaMaster - 2011-05-10

i was looking at gugahoi video how about this instead of using a Optional Submenu what we can do is change it from click on this image to see what i mean look for a red arrow

what do you guys think?

- branlr - 2011-05-10

RaNaMaster Wrote:i was looking at gugahoi video how about this instead of using a Optional Submenu what we can do is change it from click on this image to see what i mean look for a red arrow

what do you guys think?

How about pretty animated dropdown submenus for each item?

- hernandito - 2011-05-10

Happy to report that I am almost back to speed. I have had to re-tweak a bunch of stuff, and I am incorporating both Deja scrollie, and Guga's new Search.

Guga thanks for putting the divs for the search widget in front.css. This is a terrific help!!

I am having issues with Guga's sub-nav... but now that I have solved most of the problems, I will try to tackle this part. I am getting the subnav links showing one on top of another, rather than side by side.

I have also been tracking the files that I change so my light color theme can be easily implemented by others.

RaNaMaster Wrote:i was looking at gugahoi video how about this instead of using a Optional Submenu what we can do is change it from click on this image to see what i mean look for a red arrow

what do you guys think?

In Guga latest version, he includes the options to pick any option. You need to look at the config.php and remove the // to enable the various options.

branlr Wrote:How about pretty animated dropdown submenus for each item?

Hi Branlr,

This has been discussed before. It is very difficult to achieve, as things cannot fly out past the edges of the widget area.

- gugahoi - 2011-05-11

hernandito Wrote:I am having issues with Guga's sub-nav... but now that I have solved most of the problems, I will try to tackle this part. I am getting the subnav links showing one on top of another, rather than side by side.

I have also been tracking the files that I change so my light color theme can be easily implemented by others.

It's not just you, it is like that, and I'm hoping someone can figure out why and help me fix this!

Are you registered on GIT? If so what's your nickname there? I'm adding you as a collaborator, so this way you can upload your modified files to an EXTRA folder kind of thing...?

- hernandito - 2011-05-11

gugahoi Wrote:It's not just you, it is like that, and I'm hoping someone can figure out why and help me fix this!

Are you registered on GIT? If so what's your nickname there? I'm adding you as a collaborator, so this way you can upload your modified files to an EXTRA folder kind of thing...?

I created the submenu and I fear it is going to be the new different variables. I will give it a try.

I am not registered on git... I am not sure what I need to do, but I will try tomorrow as well.

- SleepyP - 2011-05-11

I updated xbmcjsonlib.php so that it works with the new JSON-RPC 2.0 interface that's in the nightly builds of XBMC. So far I have only updated the video library methods so that all the XBMC library widgets are working now.

One problem: seemingly at random, when I click stuff in the widgets I am getting a password prompt. I have the username / password set in my config.php, so I'm not sure what's up with that.

Also, I haven't done any work on making xbmcjsonlib.php be backward compatible with the 10.1 stable release of XBMC. Maybe tomorrow? I dunno where I should stash the file.
-EDIT-

zipped and uploaded HERE

Can anybody test this out and see if you are getting password prompts? It seems like it's doing it when it tries to load thumbnails, but I'm honestly not too sure.

- gugahoi - 2011-05-11

hernandito Wrote:I created the submenu and I fear it is going to be the new different variables. I will give it a try.

I am not registered on git... I am not sure what I need to do, but I will try tomorrow as well.

Ok, if you register, just tell me your nickname there and I will add you as a collaborator, otherwise send me the files and I will upload them myself.

SleepyP Wrote:I updated xbmcjsonlib.php so that it works with the new JSON-RPC 2.0 interface that's in the nightly builds of XBMC. So far I have only updated the video library methods so that all the XBMC library widgets are working now.

One problem: seemingly at random, when I click stuff in the widgets I am getting a password prompt. I have the username / password set in my config.php, so I'm not sure what's up with that.

Also, I haven't done any work on making xbmcjsonlib.php be backward compatible with the 10.1 stable release of XBMC. Maybe tomorrow? I dunno where I should stash the file.
-EDIT-

zipped and uploaded HERE

Can anybody test this out and see if you are getting password prompts? It seems like it's doing it when it tries to load thumbnails, but I'm honestly not too sure.

This is awesome SleepyP! I don't really want to go to a nightly build but I think I'll give it a try anyway, since this is a very important addition!

BTW, you should definitely password protect your mfp page! Not too hard to find it you know....