Kodi Community Forum
MediaFrontPage - Web interface with widget type architecture to control multiple apps - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: MediaFrontPage - Web interface with widget type architecture to control multiple apps (/showthread.php?tid=83304)

- hernandito - 2011-05-11

One nice sweet thing I got to do with Guga's latest is to put on of those drop down lists in my Navigation bar. Then I copied my entire MFP folder to a different folder and then changes the address of the XBMC client. I added the link of this folder and I can now toggle between the 2 clients. This way Ithe NowPlaying widget can reflect accurate stuff.

Also be on the lookout for a modified NowPlaying widget that shows a little more info on what is playing. I have included this in my theme which Guga will put on his Git at some point.

This is now getting good!!

- RaNaMaster - 2011-05-11

hernandito Wrote:One nice sweet thing I got to do with Guga's latest is to put on of those drop down lists in my Navigation bar. Then I copied my entire MFP folder to a different folder and then changes the address of the XBMC client. I added the link of this folder and I can now toggle between the 2 clients. This way Ithe NowPlaying widget can reflect accurate stuff.

Also be on the lookout for a modified NowPlaying widget that shows a little more info on what is playing. I have included this in my theme which Guga will put on his Git at some point.

This is now getting good!!

thats what i was trying to tell you guys in my last post easy way of doing it dont need a Submenu

- DejaVu - 2011-05-11

SleepyP Wrote:Just to isolate, I pulled a "fresh" copy of MFP from Gugahoi's github repository. I stuck this in an empty folder on my server. Then I did chown apache:apache -R ./* in that folder and chmod 777 -R ./* in that folder to make apache own everything there with full read/write access. I confirmed this in the file properties on a few files. Then I renamed default-config.php and default-layout.php to config.php and layout.php respectively.

This did nothing to resolve the issues with the editable layout and RSS feed widget, they both still do not work. Further, MFP has always looked this way in my experience, having viewed it from Firefox 3.6, Firefox 4, Opera 11, Chrome 11, and Safari 5 across Windows 7, Mac OS X, and Fedora 14. The only common thing is the server in question.

Since I have already ruled out permissions, modified files, and the browser as the source of the problem, is there something on the server side which is required to make that stuff work? I have looked at Firefox's Error Console, but its not very helpful, mostly some style-related errors and others, all attributed to the Coming Episodes widget.

Here's what my stuff looks like:

Also, I will be updating the rest of the XBMC JSON-RPC calls, since there are still a bunch that need fixing (mostly the audio player stuff). It's been kinda busy at work, and I've been pre-occupied with troubleshooting the Jquery stuff.

-EDIT-
I think it may be my server's MIME settings, for how its handling .js files. This would explain why all the PHP files are working right, but the js stuff simply doesn't execute at all. Will research and report back.

Try this.

In mediafrontpage.php

Find the line -
Code:
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.4/jquery.min.js"></script>
and remove it or comment it out temporarily. Then reload the page at let us know if the EDIT X parts come back - taking this out WILL break the Coming Episodes Widget slider as well as a few other bits and bobs.

If they do, this is because of a conflict between the various versions of JQuery that are being used. For some reason, some code has been taken out of the newer version, that used to be in the old version. This is why both versions are in the mediafrontpage.php.

This is why MFP needs a lot cleaning up and code being sorted out properly - or moreso - a complete version of JQuery that has everything in it.

Also try my Repo (backup first!) as some of the Javascripts, I have loaded in a different order to try to make sure everything loads correctly. Took me ages to get it working.

- gugahoi - 2011-05-12

Hey dudes ands dudettes (I think) ...

Got a new plugin in the making... Trakt trending movies, and it's looking something like this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EdR9T4Bz-GM

- RaNaMaster - 2011-05-12

what about a widget for eMule plus?

- gugahoi - 2011-05-12

RaNaMaster Wrote:what about a widget for eMule plus?

eMule... haven't heard of that in AGES! What do you use it for?

- DejaVu - 2011-05-12

gugahoi Wrote:Hey dudes ands dudettes (I think) ...

Got a new plugin in the making... Trakt trending movies, and it's looking something like this.

Interesting use of ContentFlow there. Like it a lot, but not sure about the fade in, fade out effect.

Is this one usable? I think it looks just that little bit better (unless ContentFlow is customisable...?)
http://code.google.com/p/pictureflow/

eMule! People still use that - used to be called eDonkey!?
Is that not based on Gnutella network?
It's like Bearshare/Limewire if I recall, but a bit poxy to use.

- gugahoi - 2011-05-12

DejaVu Wrote:Interesting use of ContentFlow there. Like it a lot, but not sure about the fade in, fade out effect.

Is this one usable? I think it looks just that little bit better (unless ContentFlow is customisable...?)
http://code.google.com/p/pictureflow/

eMule! People still use that - used to be called eDonkey!?
Is that not based on Gnutella network?
It's like Bearshare/Limewire if I recall, but a bit poxy to use.

ContentFlow is fairly customisable... I quite like it, but we can always try different things...

When you say fade in/out, you mean the rotating pictures in the back or the loading?

- DejaVu - 2011-05-12

The small to big effect. I prefer the cascade look. Smile

- gugahoi - 2011-05-12

DejaVu Wrote:The small to big effect. I prefer the cascade look. Smile

Fair enough. This specific plugin you mentioned seems to require quite a few other things to work at it's 100% potential (and then some). It looks like it uses prototype (my info comes from a quick glance here)

I can't do anything right now, but you're more than welcome to give it a shot.

- SleepyP - 2011-05-12

Definitely weird stuff. I was using Gugahoi's version from Github. As you can see over HERE, his version of mediafrontpage.php has http://jqueryjs.googlecode.com/files/jquery-1.2.6.min.js, not 1.4.

I pulled your version of MFP from your github, put that up on my server, and it looks like this:
The only thing I kept from the previous setup was my config.php.
With the default config instead, its the same, just less stuff is working (of course).

Oddly enough, the super sweet shadows are rendering in Firefox 4 but not in Safari 5.

Also I installed a Javascript testing module called QUnit Test Suite, just to make sure my server is properly serving up JS files. That passed with flying colors, so I think its not a weird Apache config issue. I'm thinking about expanding the Now Playing module so that it can be used as a rudimentary remote. My roomie has an Android tablet, and I was thinking MFP would be SWEET as a couch computing application. I was thinking it should auto-detect if the selected XBMC host is unreachable and have buttons for Wake-On-LAN and "Launch XBMC" as well, and then switch to some controls when a connection is established.

- DejaVu - 2011-05-12

Quote:Oddly enough, the super sweet shadows are rendering in Firefox 4 but not in Safari 5.
Safari doesn't count. :p

You tried Google Chrome?

Mine has 1.2.6 because of the Slider bar. 1.4 breaks it if it loads after 1.2.6. Not if it loads first.

You must have kept the layout.php too because my default one has 4 columns in it.
As for the JavaScript problem, it's beyond me. Something is definitely amiss. I just recloned mine and the EDIT X's are there without a problem.
Try loading Firebug into Firefox to try and detect the failing Javascript. Originally, the slider was doing this, but I remedied it using the above suggestion.
It was also doing this with a open iFrame tag that was missed a while back that got fixed.
Been to http://mediafrontpage/m yet?

- SleepyP - 2011-05-12

I will rock the FireBug when I get home, almost off work now. I don't think I kept my layout but can easily dump it, since I haven't done anything custom yet. I'm not really going to start setting this stuff up very much until I help troubleshoot it to "fully working". I was looking at the mobile site on my phone this morning and had a lot of things not working, but haven't tested that since I switched to your (DejaVu) build. Kudoz on making a "master" copy where everyone can stash their work Smile I dunno if I "should" have access to that since all I plan on developing at this point is bug fixes, testing, and the JSON stuff. I have some ideas for some silly new widgets (Google Voice, Google Tasks, an RSS generator), but I don't wanna throw even more functionality into MFP right now since it only "mostly" works for me Tongue

I agree that Safari really doesn't count, but once things get closer to done I will start testing against it plus Chrome, FF, and (shudder) IE. Do you guys think we should test IE 9? Or just IE 8?

- hernandito - 2011-05-12

gugahoi Wrote:Hey dudes ands dudettes (I think) ...

Big GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig Grin

- gugahoi - 2011-05-12

SleepyP Wrote:I will rock the FireBug when I get home, almost off work now. I don't think I kept my layout but can easily dump it, since I haven't done anything custom yet. I'm not really going to start setting this stuff up very much until I help troubleshoot it to "fully working". I was looking at the mobile site on my phone this morning and had a lot of things not working, but haven't tested that since I switched to your (DejaVu) build. Kudoz on making a "master" copy where everyone can stash their work Smile I dunno if I "should" have access to that since all I plan on developing at this point is bug fixes, testing, and the JSON stuff. I have some ideas for some silly new widgets (Google Voice, Google Tasks, an RSS generator), but I don't wanna throw even more functionality into MFP right now since it only "mostly" works for me Tongue

I agree that Safari really doesn't count, but once things get closer to done I will start testing against it plus Chrome, FF, and (shudder) IE. Do you guys think we should test IE 9? Or just IE 8?

It's a nice idea to have a Master repo but I think it will generate so much more work for us. Whenever you develop something in your repo, you will then have the same trouble of going into the master repo and making it work there. I think that's what branches are for. Don't know if you noticed but i created a branch will all your modifications before I rolled back to put the tmdb search on mine. So your stuff is still all there up until that point. We should also work into getting all the features implemented in one repo, otherwise things are going to get too fragmented and it's going to be hard to put it back together in the end. If you noticed, yesterday I manage to implement the optional submenu, and I do plan on incorporating your changes (mainly to scrollbar) in my repo. So instead of spending time getting things to work on my repo and then again on the Main it would be better to just branch out in a repo and then merge branches when a project is finished.

I only kept my branch separate from Nick8888 because when I started I had no idea on how to use git and if I messed something up it would only affect me. After a slow start I manage to get a few commits every day so I thought I'd just keep my git for the autonomy, but I don't mind merging back to Nick's if that's what everyone prefers (I do have writing privileges on that repo). So I guess what I'm saying is that instead of you implementing a feature on a repo (scroll bar) and then me implementing a feature (tmdb search) on a different repo (the features end up being mutually exclusive [have to pick one or the other]) we should focus on getting it working on one, being Nick's, your's or mine. No need to develop in separate repo's and then manually merge, I think that kinda defeats the purpose of git.

And in regard to Nightly builds and such, we should either get a poll going and whatever the majority is using we use that as the main files (for now just xbmclib) and leave the other file in an extra folder like I did in my repo.

BTW I've used it in all Chrome FF and Safari and everything is working as it should.