Kodi Community Forum
MediaFrontPage - Web interface with widget type architecture to control multiple apps - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: MediaFrontPage - Web interface with widget type architecture to control multiple apps (/showthread.php?tid=83304)

- hernandito - 2011-05-13

Nick8888 Wrote:Any reason for not using ubuntu? I read about Amahi after reading your last post but soon decided Tonido was what I want. Planning on installing it this afternoon but have read some promising reviews.

Also interested in some sort of backup solution for my media server. Yet to be convinced on anything so just been mirroring my drives on demand with Beyond Compare and a custom script.

Something like an unraid or drobo box would be nice but I cant justify have that + a media server running 24/7.

unRaid runs my Sab, SB, CP, MFP, PHP, MySQL, Centralized XBMC thumbnails, Transmission, AND is my media server storage. All on a low power Celeron machine w/ 1 GB of RAM, but w/ 12.5TB of drive space. I have no hope of backing up my media as the storage requirement would be huge. But if ONE drive fails, I can replace with new one and rebuild... If 2 drives fail, I loose the data in those drives only.

gugahoi Wrote:Not embarrassing at all. I'm only now getting used to it, but it's a way better system to track bugs and deploy fixes this way. At the moment the most up to date repo is here. I believe from now on all of us are constantly be going to be forking this repo and trying fixes and new features in our repos but it will all end up on this main one. Try out the main one and let me know if the trakt widget is still too big.

Thanks for the explanation... I tried the Trakt widget from that repo and I still get the giant movie poster....

Edit:

Oopss... I just tried the full repo with only my config.php and the Trakt widget comes up fine... I am working remotely from my work computer.... So it must be something in my config.... I will see if I can make my changes to this new one.

- gugahoi - 2011-05-13

hernandito Wrote:Thanks for the explanation... I tried the Trakt widget from that repo and I still get the giant movie poster....

Edit:

Oopss... I just tried the full repo with only my config.php and the Trakt widget comes up fine... I am working remotely from my work computer.... So it must be something in my config.... I will see if I can make my changes to this new one.

No problems. I believe you should start getting used to making requests like these in http://mediafrontpage.lighthouseapp.com/. Once you go there you'll be able to see how much better bug tracking is and we will also be able to clean this thread up for other purposes.

I also forgot to ask: how much slower does the page become with it? I found for me in chrome the page is flawless but it takes a big hit in FF so I'm probably changing it not to start immediately.

- gugahoi - 2011-05-13

@Nick8888

I think there's a ton of info now to update in the 1st post. Maybe add all the new sites and stuff there?

- chaoticmaster - 2011-05-13

RaNaMaster Wrote:love the Resizable widgets good idea here is pic of my MFP i would really like to see the resizable widget so i can use it with my coming episodes widget

What do you enter in the Hard Drive widget to display your hard drive info in windows? I am using IIS.

- gugahoi - 2011-05-13

chaoticmaster Wrote:What do you enter in the Hard Drive widget to display your hard drive info in windows? I am using IIS.

Code:
$drive["LABEL"] = "C:";

This is set in the config page!

gugahoi Wrote:
Code:
$drive["LABEL"] = "C:";

This is set in the config page!

Ok. That is what I have been trying without any luck. Would using an nightly xbmc build affect this in anyway?

- gugahoi - 2011-05-13

Nope xbmc has no connection whatsoever to the HDD widget. Have you removed the other entries?

- _Mikie_ - 2011-05-13

An idea

I like the 4 column MFP but I also like the 3 column one depending on how I want things to look today. Is it at all possible to have both. So if you position a widget between two of the columns in the 4 column view it would make it bigger and give you the 3 column view.

Regards

- gugahoi - 2011-05-13

_Mikie_ Wrote:An idea

I like the 4 column MFP but I also like the 3 column one depending on how I want things to look today. Is it at all possible to have both. So if you position a widget between two of the columns in the 4 column view it would make it bigger and give you the 3 column view.

Regards

That was mentioned not so long ago (a few posts?). This would require a massive remaking I think. Been doing some research on how to resize those widgets. If you want to make a feature request, just go here. We just started doing feature requests and bug tracking over there so that this thread was a bit more support related. It's possible to change at any time with a little bit of fiddling with the code, not so hard at all (only need to modify widget.css and layout.php). You can also check my repo, even tho it's not 100% up to date it still has 90% of the stable features I'd say.

_Mikie_ Wrote:An idea

Regards

I am a fan of the 4 columns in a 32%, 18%, 30 and 20% widths... As you can see from my screen cap below, all widgets are showing the right amount of info without leftover empty space. This allows me to have Recent TV, Movies and RSS lists be longer.

Please do not take away the ability to customize our individual widths.

- _Mikie_ - 2011-05-13

hernandito Wrote:I am a fan of the 4 columns in a 32%, 18%, 30 and 20% widths... As you can see from my screen cap below, all widgets are showing the right amount of info without leftover empty space. This allows me to have Recent TV, Movies and RSS lists be longer.

Please do not take away the ability to customize our individual widths.

Where do you custom widths?

in /css/widget.css towards the top. Sections are listed as %.

gugahoi Wrote:Nope xbmc has no connection whatsoever to the HDD widget. Have you removed the other entries?

I have the entries below in my HD section of the config:

// enter directories for hard drive section
$drive;
$drive["/"] = "/";
$drive["Sata 1"] = "C:";
$drive["Sata 2"] = "D:";
$drive["Sata 3"] = "E:";
$drive["Sata 4"] = "S:";

- _Mikie_ - 2011-05-13

chaoticmaster Wrote:I have the entries below in my HD section of the config:

// enter directories for hard drive section
$drive;